Six

You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six

Baekhyun sat staring nonchalantly at his fingernails as the awkward couple sitting across him tried their best at idle chat. They’d been at it for close to ten minutes now, and he could almost feel the hour-long lecture on proper behaviour and manners that his teachers would be giving him as soon as he left the room.

“So,” said the woman, who was probably in her mid-forties, and smelt overwhelmingly like flowers, “do you have any hobbies?”

“I do” Baekhyun looked her straight in the eye and noted with pride that she looked more than a little uncomfortable as she looked to her husband to continue the conversation.

“Could you tell us some of them?” the man seemed to be losing his patience, even if only a little.

Baekhyun sniffed and returned his attention to his nails, drawling out an “I could”

The man heaved a heavy sigh and dragged a hand through his slightly greying hair, leaning back into his chair. Baekhyun felt his heart sink even as his brain told him that he’d done it, he’d kept his promise.

“This very clearly isn’t working out, boy. If you didn’t want—“

“I don’t. I’ve told the teachers but they obviously don’t listen because I’m currently in the middle of an interview I never wanted to be in” Baekhyun snapped. He didn’t know where all the rage seemed to be coming from, and even felt a little remorse that he was venting it out on these perfectly nice people. He couldn’t help himself, just knowing that these were the people that were threatening to crumble his entire world just made him hate them all the more.

The couple looked like they were at an absolute loss of words, and the woman had her lips pressed tightly together.

“We’re very sorry for the misunderstanding young man, you’re going to have to forgive us for not asking your opinion on this matter first.” The man finally said in a clipped tone.

Baekhyun shook his head slightly as he stood to leave, “Nah, its fine, happens a lot”

Right before he closed the door behind himself, he could hear their hushed conversation on how much of a ‘troubled young man’ he was and how they thought he needed a counsellor. He clenched his teeth and shut the door to more than just a nice couple.

 

Back in the waiting room Chanyeol was getting impatient out of his mind. Baekhyun had been gone for close to fifteen minutes now, and he hoped the smaller male was doing fine in the meeting. So when Baekhyun came into class looking as if the storm clouds were huddled above his head, Chanyeol knew that nothing had gone fine at all.

“Hey, so how’d it go? Were they nice?” The rest of the people left in the waiting room seemed to wait collectively for his answer as well, excited for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter