Four

You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four

Baekhyun pulled against the turtle neck collar in discomfort while lessons droned on. The weather was much too hot for turtle-neck sweaters, yet he had had no choice that morning when he found out that the marks Yifan had created on his neck were more pronounced than they were the day before.

 

Needless to say he had thrown a huge fit and the scowl hadn't left his face since. He was lucky no one had noticed the marks the day before due to the food fight and their punishment for it, but the two purplish marks that adorned his neck would surely have been the topic of gossip for the orphanage if anyone found out.

 

It had been hard enough that he'd had to deal with Chanyeol looking weirdly at the marks on his neck that morning, if anyone else saw the marks, he wasn't sure his name would ever be able to emerge from the mud ever again.

 

Adding on to his annoyance, the adoption interviews would start the next day, and the sisters had insisted that they stay behind to run through the proper etiquette to have around guests.

 

Proper etiquette my , i'll spit in their faces.

 

Baekhyun's scowl deepened as he tugged incessantly on his collar and fanned himself with a book. Chanyeol glanced at him emphatatically from the side.

 

“That'll teach you not to go around making out with people in stairwells” Chanyeol muttered to him when their teacher had turned her back. He couldn't help himself, and it came out sounded more bitter than he'd intended.

 

Baekhyun didn't catch on to the tone, groaning into his palms as his face heated up.

 

“Don't even talk about it, ugh”

 

“If you didnt want people talking about it, then you shouldn't have done it”

 

“Wasn't that your plan from the start? To hook us up? Why are you lecturing me about this now?” Baekhyun raised a brow at the giant, amused. His heart hammered a little faster, and he immediately tried to squash the feeling into oblivion. No point raising his hopes for nothing like the day before.

 

Chanyeol seemed lost for words for a second, eyes widening slightly before he caught himself and schooled his expression.

 

“Y-yeah, well i didn't know you guys were going to go at it like wild ferrets the moment you were left alone!” To his credit, the giant looked scandalised and Baekhyun almost snorted in laughter.

 

“It's wild rabbits, and we weren't 'going at it', we weren't even going anywhere except the dining room.” Baekhyun's tone portrayed more calm than he really felt.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter