Decision

Not What You Think

He splashed the cold water on his face, attempting to wash away the tiredness and lethargy he had had for the passed three days. It wasn't working, so he splashed himself again, over and over.

As if it could possibly make his depressed mood go away. Like it could fix his problems, or make that nagging thought in the back of his mind leave.

Minho turned off the water and stared at himself in the mirror.

What was he going to do now? Where was he going to let his life take him?

"Hey," his uncle said from where he stood in the doorway. He was unpeeling a banana, trying to act less interested than he really was. "Are you doing alright, kid?"

Minho sighed as he wiped the water from his face with a towel. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You haven't left the house in three days."

He didn't reply. He just stood there with his arms rested on the sink.

"Did something happen with your girlfriend?"

"You could say that," he said with a scoff.

"Oh. That's a shame. She was a pretty one." He took bite of his fruit, still trying to act uninterested.

Minho opened his mouth to explain what had happened, to tell his uncle how he had been deceived, how she had wronged him - but the words never came. "She's not what I thought she was."

His uncle shrugged, before removing his weight from the bathroom door frame. "They rarely ever are." He left their conversation at that, and left Minho alone to stare at his reflection.

He once again asked himself what he was going to do.


 

A/N: I know it's short. Bear with me, the next chapter will be up in a few days.

Once again, thanks for all the comments and subscriptions!

And you know...if any of you feel like...you know...giving this story some votes, that would be cool. :)