Comfort

Not What You Think

He knew exactly what Taemin was going through. He could recall all those emotions like he had experienced them only yesterday. The pain of his mother's passing was something that could never heal. He could only look past it, and try to move on from all the regret and sorrow.

Taemin couldn't even do that yet.

It was just after dawn when they made it back to Taemin’s place. They were both silent as they walked into the apartment. His mother's absence was obvious, even to Minho. As the boy looked around the empty space, he looked like he was about to break down all over again. Instead, he wandered to the kitchen, where he threw himself down in one of the chairs at the table.

 Minho went to his side and laid a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," Taemin said heavily, as he sat with his head in his hands.

"Just take one day at a time," Minho said, as he pulled out a chair and sat beside him.

"She's the only family I had. I don't...I don't know what I'm going to do."

"If you need anything, Taemin, just ask. If you need help with the...preparations, or if you need money, I can help you out."

Taemin pulled his head from his hands just enough to look at him with his teary eyes. "I can't take money from you," he croaked, "I'm barely paying the bills as it is, I couldn't pay you back."

"I'm not asking you to."

"Minho, I can't..."

"I care about you a lot, Taemin. You're my friend, I want to help you. Please."

He was silent, unable to refuse him. The building tears finally leaked from his eyes and ran down his face. Minho gently wiped them from his cheek.

He didn't know why, but he felt the desire to kiss him then. He wasn't even dressed like a girl. He just wanted to try and wash away his sorrow in some small way - to give him comfort in some small way.

Minho carefully drew in and pressed his lips into his. Taemin didn't pull away. He didn't do much of anything. He only sat there, even as Minho withdrew.

He looked into Taemin's eyes, gauging his reaction. Without warning, he grabbed Minho's head and pulled him back for another, deeper kiss.


 

A/N: Again with the short chapters...

I feel like I shoulda given you guys some kind of a warning before that last chapter. lol Oops.

As always, comment are appreciated. Thanks for reading. ^_^