Chen

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing: Chen & Luna

Rating: PG

 


 

Standing alone in the middle of a bloody stage, well not literally but it's how you explain how the artist that was standing on it, was feeling dead inside. Chen just couldn't find it in him to sing anymore. How he regretted everything about not making the most of having her in his arms, and how he must've treasured their relationship, as if it were too hard to find even if you were in a story of a guy who was lost in an island and found gold or whatever, it still weighed more than that.

 

It's been almost a year since Luna's breakthrough of irritation and the pain of always been the 2nd priority of her fiancé, being blind of what Chen had to go through to somehow lessen the pain and move on but none of those help was worth it cause it never even, for Chen, to have lessen the pain but to feel nothing at all, being used to the undescribable pain he felt by just words left by her.

 

It was still very clear in Chen's mind how'd everything, in a quick turn of events, gotten to this extent.

 

 

 

11pm... and Luna was still waiting for her fiancé, she thought that she's losing it but no, the date was correct.

 

December 9, was already marked X in the calendar indicating that the day was today, and no Chen was insight.

 

Have he forgotten? Luna thought, being scared, if even their anniversary was not remembered.
 

 

It had been about 4 years since they had gotten together and months prior of that year, Chen had proposed to her, undying happiness and satisfaction was felt by the healthgy couple, but the grim of it all was that Chen was such a workaholic. And to Luna she'd been the 2nd priority not the 1st and it hurt her to oblivion, but what can she do if she loves the singer.

 

They never had any arguements about the said issue, since Luna would always choose the decision of hiding it. And it seems that neither Chen was aware of the problem. Luna couldn't react about it caus even before, back in college, Chen was quite slow when it comes to problems since he has a lucky go lucky kind of personality.

 

Tired of waiting, Luna hadn't notice that she felt asleep, and when she woke up she was already lying on Chen and her's shared bed, and trying to squint her eyes to see better, she was in Chen's arms.

 

Did he remembered?

 

"Luna?Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah.." she smiled. "When did you got home?"

 

"Just about 30 minutes ago.." Chen pouted. "I saw lying on the table with food, I'm sorry about that though,, let's eat it tomorrow.."

 

Luna smiled, but it was obviously fake, to her feeling that is, cause Chen didn't seem to notice cause he smiled back with his eyes turning into like a moon crescent.

 

She wanted to cry, cause he forgot. Gripping tighly infront of Chen's shirt, she started to sniff and cry silently, not wanting to Chen to notice she kept her head down and kept close. She whispered.

 

"Happy Anniversary, Chen."

 

And with that Chen's eyes widened, he quickly grabbed his phone and looked at the date.

 

Damn. It's December 9.

 

But even before he responded, Luna had fallen into dream land and Chen felt bad, so that was the seaweed soup was all about. Sighing, Chen pulled Luna into his arms more, resting his head on top of hers and replied, eventhough she's asleep, he still did the honors to.

 

"Happy Anniversary, Luna. I'm sorry and I love you."

 

Luna was awake but showed no sign of it. She notice how Chen's voice break through the sentence. That's why she just couldn't be angry at him, he was still important and she still loves him.

 

 

The following day, Chen wanted to make up to her so he asked her out to meet him at Lotte World in the afternoon. Much to Luna's expectation to finally spend the day with her fiancé, she got ready early as you know it. She even prepared something to eat for the both of them, but as she got to the said place, Chen called her, she was expecting something like "I'm close" or "I'm here, turn around." but no the call was for something else adn it was.

 

Chen cancelling the date because of a sudden recital.

 

Feeling disappointed Luna's smile turned into a pout and she sighed as she sat down on the bench behind her. She couldn't anymore,, she confirmed as she held her hand close to her heart.

 

Arriving back home, Chen wanted to make it up to her more big time. But as he got in he saw Luna sitting on the couch with luggages, bags and a hand holding a box.

 

"What is this?" Chen asked coming closer.

 

"Ah! Chen your here." Luna said standing up.

 

Chen had noticed how swollen Luna's eyes were, and he was so sure that she had been crying. 

 

Reaching out the box to Chen, Luna tried to hold back her tears but her fragile self just couldn't. "Chen....I..." she started sobbing.

 

And Chen too, he started to cry receiving the box but held Luna's hand together with it, directing those hands close to his lips. "No...pl-please...ah...Luna..please..."

 

"Chen...I...can't...anymore.."

 

"I'm sorry, if it's about the anniversary and the date, I'll make it up to you,,I'll do something...do you wanna go out now?" Chen sounded a little convincing, but only to himself.

 

"Chen...It's been a very long time and I just couldn't handle things anymore-"

 

"Let's work it out, I'm sure we can...It's the first time we've-"

 

"No, Chen this isn't the first time." Luna said shooking her head slowly. "It's been a long time, I feel like I'm just a 2nd priority-"

 

"Luna you're impor-"

 

"I know how important is your job is to you, Chen. But I want you to know that you're engaged to someone that had waited and patiently kept watching you but she had enough."

 

"Luna..."

 

"I'm tired of everything....Chen..I just.." Reaching the box and clenchin Chen's hand with it. "I want a break.."

 

 

Biting his lips as he remembered the bitterness of that break-up was to him. Theraphy had did his job and rehab too, but none was enough. Ever since then Chen had no inspiration of singing anymore. As a single tear drop fell from his cheeks he remembered those times when he was still the same...

 

It all started in highschool when Chen gathered up all his strength and confessed to the A-class' president, Luna. And to add something to make their relationship interesting, Luna was the reason Chen had started to sing. He confesses by the song 'Hug' as he stated as the comfortable song he knows he'll sing well infront of the girl he admires, despite the ual content of the lyrics, Luna was deaf to it all as Chen's voice sounded heavenly. It started simple but the cute couple had to be the trend all over the school. Up until college and after that. Living in one apartment and having Luna by his side had gave him the strength to audition into multiple theatre, alot of rejections was ensued but as he got accepted the bliss that he felt was something he had to be so proud of cause for him being a singer was a goal cause it somehow reminds him of how his relationship with Luna started, that is why the job, and the singing was important cause to him, those were Luna herself.

 

Regretting the past, he had hope to had gave what Luna wanted from him, and that was attention. With Luna left, his vocal chords as well, he sang.

 

"Missing You..."

 

Finishing the song, he left the stage, he left the theatre, with his resignation left on the table.

 

Walking mindlessly by the sidewalk, he bumped into someone, and was the person he was referring to when he sang awhile ago. Smiling, he asked her to have coffee with him and she gladly accepted the offer by her former lover.

 

Having quite the bright conversation, was intiated by Chen, he found out that, Luna was now married to a guy named Minho, a doctor, and now pregnant with their first child. Well, her stomach wasn't big so he hadn't notice, in her defense it's just weeks old...so..yeah..

 

Waving goodbye, Chen proceeded to walk mindlessly, he couldn't say that he was hurt because of earlier though, but he felt contended cause Luna was living the life she wanted and he was sure that she's happy.

 

Stopping by a park, he sat on at a high elevated stone fence, and saw strangers like, a person carrying a canvas and a person with a dog in his pocket, he means who does that?

 

Shrugging off all those he had noticed. He looked at the sky, exhaling heavily, as he felt snow going back up he whispered.

 

The answer to what Luna had asked earlier. "Have you found another love?"

-

-

-

-

-

"You already found the day to love again, but for me...I just can't, but I'm contended of loneliless..as long as you're happy."

 


 

A/N: so that's that.....

CHEN is [ / ]

1,547k is this...WTF..too short.. :3

HOPIYA LIKEY EAT!!! ahahahha...

 

SORRY FOR TYPOS, BLAME MY LAME KEYBOARD.

fallenangel101299