Lay

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing: Lay & Yoon So Hee

Rating: PG

 


 

Lay sighed as his ipod repeated its song for almost its 5th time. He was debating whether tot ake that scholarship. It was for him to be in abliss, he deserved it anyways. But he felt the latter, to be empty than to be happy. Turning the paper into a ball he threw it, along with the pencil that he was holding. He brushed his hands through his hair and leaned his back on his chair. this life.

 


 

Two weeks prior, he and his lover Sohee was lying down on bed watching movies. They were busy eating popcorn, when suddenly Sohee had a mischeivous idea. Getting the popsorn from Lay she stood up.

 

"What're you doing?" Lay asked, confused.

 

"Catch me?" Sohee grinned.

 

Lay did so as well, standing up while fixing his shirt in the process and pausing the movie. The two love birds started to run around the room: Sohee's room. And to add up they were like little kids, indeed. In Lay's defense, he was just eating popcorn then Sohee got it from him, so he was just trying to get his snack back.

 

Reaching downstairs, someone knocked on the door. A messenger gave them two envelopes: a notice from the music school they both applied overseas. Sohee was disappointed, she really wanted to get in. It was her life. She didn't got accepted she felt so ill, wondering what Lay got, she kept in her mind that 'she'll be happy for him whatever the results were' but music was too important , so as Lay, or so she thought.

 

Trying to glance at Lay's paper, all she thought and kept crashed falling down the ground. She felt different. Not happiness, not sadness either. She couldn't explain it. Sohee just didn't want to express it.

-

-

-

-

-

She was jealous cause,,

-

-

-

Lay got accepted.

 


 

Jealousy? Lay thought. Was it about the application? He didn't know. All he remembered was Sohee crying and shouting. Everything was so vague, he didn't have any clue, on what to do next. It was just so complicated.

 

Making up his mind. He decided to write a song. He wanted Sohee back. That fantasy might be a little blurry, but it's worth the try. One reason to it all was, he loves her. There's nothing stopping those feelings.

 

Thousands of crumpled papers and scribbled notes were exchanged between Lay and his trashcan, in a total of 4 hours. Then he started recording it, adjusting everything, editing it and finalizing it. Burning it to a CD, securing it safely in a CD case, he got his coat and pivoted out of the room.

 


 

The sun already set. He was headed to a new direction, he wanted to catch some air. After what happened awhile ago was fine but it left him a big hole through his heart.

 


 

About an hour ago. Lay took a deep breath before knocking on Sohee;s door. It opened and showed a surprised Sohee.

 

"Hey.." Lay started. Smiling and showcasing his dimples.

 

"Hey.." Sohee replied back, smiling as well.

 

They just stared at each other in a few seconds. Gathering up his courage once more, he extended out his hand and reached Sohee his piece.

 

"I just wanted to give you this, I - " Lay got cut off.

 

"- I don't deserve this, Lay." Sohee disturbed.

 

"Sohee, just- "

 

"I don't really, I was being selfish."

 

Lay noticed how Sohee's voice cracked. Lay gave her a hug which Sohee mutually accepted.

 

"Stop it." Lay demanded.

 

"I still love you Lay, but i ruined everything."

 

"It wasn't you fault.."

 

"But it is.. I shouted at you, said mean things just because I didn't got accepted."

 

"That was your dream its fine to feel that way.."

 

"I don't know what to do, Lay."

 

"Me either."

 

They stayed silent once more. Lay thought of something, he felt Sohee sighed and thought that maybe they were thinking of the same thing.

 

"Sohee, I think we need.." Lay stopped at he felt Sohee's tight grip on the front of his shirt.

 

"No Lay, please don't say it."

 

"I know that you thought of it as well, but I guess this would be for the best." Lay tried to lift Sohee's face and saw streams of tears on her cheeks. Wiping all the dripping tears away.  "I guess we need some space."

 

Sohee pulled Lay closer and hugged him tighter, didn't want to accept the fact that it was true. That was the reality of it all. Staying like that for awhile, Lay waited Sohee to calm down before releasing her. Giving her a quick peck on the forehead, telling her that he'll keep in contact but as friends. Sohee accepted the CD and saw Lay walked far away, didn't even looked back.

 


 

Upon walking, Lay decended upon a park. He admired the fountain. Despite the cold weather he felt the water. It was cold, stagnant and almost frozen. A good symbol describing himself. The pain he was fighting right now was similar on how he felt to be frozen to not feel that pain. But atleast Sohee accepted the CD.

 

Going up the staircase, he stopped midway cause he felt his eyes got pricked. It was that moment when he has to take a deep breath before trying to move or speak cause he knows that he's so close to crying. Taking another step, he saw a guy with big doe eyes, who just arrived at the left of the staircase. Moving on he walked up and bumped into a prince-face-like-guy. Looks like he'll be meeting someone. He continued and slowly disappeared in any one's sight, cause those tears that threaten to fall, fell.

 

Looking up the sky the snow moved as if going back up to where it came from. Then he recalled,

 

~Sohee- Yah! Saranghae..............

-

-

-

-

-

-

The last line of the song he wrote. He couldn't think of anything more to say but that.

 


A/N: 1,012k. 

Sorry for the long wait...

here LAY's :) Sohee is the girl in Wolf & Growl Drama ver MV :)

 

SORRY FOR TYPOS, BLAME MY LAME KEYBOARD.

fallenangel101299