D.O

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing: Kyungsoo, Minah & OC

Rating: PG

I'm so sorry for the long wait >.< ,,, this is DO's one shot :) Mika-yah! here's your request,,,,, hope you like it XP.


 

[DO's POV]

 

The day of Christmas eve, Minah and Kyungsoo planned to meet up and watch a movie.

 

Kyungsoo was on his way to the movie house and saw a familiar girl walking towards his direction, but kept her head down. Kyungsoo stopped his tracks and came infront of her. Managing to lift her face.

 

"Kang, are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked, with a hint of true concern.

 

Tears were streaming down Mika's face while Kyugnsoo's thumb wiped them all away. He hugged her and burried her onto his chest, when he felt Mika's cries were growing louder.

 

Whispering into her ear, "Not here." Kyungsoo said.

 

As he helped Mika enter the coffee shop, where they stood infron of, he got his phone and gave Minah a quick call.

 

Mika calmed down. Kyungsoo kept asking her whas was the problem? but she remained silent.

 


 

(Three months back.)

 

Mika is Kyungsoo's childhood friend. They are about 5 houses away from each other. They were really close, they even had pet names, or nicknames for themselves as you call it. Kang for Mika, and D.O for Kyungsoo. When they were kids they planted a tree and named it 'Kangsoo' a bit corny they guess but what the heck, cause it was what they wanted. Eventually Mika developed feelings for this doe-eyed kid. And so as Kyungsoo himself.

 

But the two were rather nervous into bringing their relationship in another level, neither of them were strong enough to confess. 'I'm afraid to lose him/her' is what they kept in mind and moved on, remaining their relationship status as 'friends', actually 'best friends'.

 

An afternoon they had a serious conversation about the persons they liked, actually Mika started this cause confesses to Kyungsoo were here and there. She just wanted to know if Kyungsoo doesn't like any of those girls, specifically if there's a girl that fansies in Kyungsoo's heart and mind right now. Trying to smile to him and hide that jealousy feeling, she said.

 

"That's good for you."

-

-

-

-

Because Kyungsoo did tell her that..

-

-

-

-

"I like someone, and I can't even describe it as like, cause I think I'm inlove with her."

 

"Kang?" Kyungsoo called.

 

Snapping out of her trance, Mika replied. " Yeah?"

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, what was the question you're asking?"

 

"Do you like someone as well?"

 

"Uh.. yeah, I like him alot too. Couldn't describe it as well."

 

She didn't even know why she told that, but she is liking someone right now and it was him, Kyungsoo himself. Kyungsoo felt his heart stop, hearing the girl he stated as the girl he thinks he's inlove with, telling him that she likes someone as well. Hopes and fairytales were crushed just by that conversation.  Mika called it a day cause it hurts her so much and left. Kyungsoo was left alone wide eyed and felt his heart sting as well. He thought that it was his cowardice that caused him to lose her.

 

Stupidity was very well to describe the two cause neither of them knew that they described and love each other. They most likely confessed but not directly.

 

Not to long, Mika heard along the corridors, specifically from her friends.

 

"What?!" Mika asked in shock.

 

"Yeah, Kyungsoo accepted Minah's confession." Kay cleared.

 

Turning back to her locker Mika wanted to cry right there, she thought she could hold it.

 

"Hey.."  Ain said coming closer.

 

Wanting to deny it, she closed her eyes, but as she felt her friends hugging her, she admitted. She couldn't fool her friends and she broke out crying.

 

"Calm down, we're always here for you." Red said in an easing tone, to somehow lessen the pain her friend feels right now.

 

A few minutes earlier...

 

Kyungsoo was sitting peacefully with his friend Suho and Kai eating lunch when suddenly Minah, his lab partner came up to him and  confesses. And because of his lonely feeling, he accepted it without thinking.

 

That afternoon after school he came across Mika who was red eyed.

 

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Something just came up with the girls."

 

"Is it okay for me to ask?"

 

"Actually, I'm not in the position, better ask Red for this cause it's kind of her problem so.."

 

"No, it's fine. Hey, I want to tell you something-"

 

"-Which actually the girls has beaten you to it,, congratulations!"

 

"Is it okay?"
 

"Well yeah, I'm actually happy for you. And besides, you can do whatever you want, I'm not like your parent or anything. I'm your best friend and is ready here to support you."

 

"Oh.. I was just.."

 

"It's fine, Kyungsoo.. keep her well and treat her definitely well." Mika smiled as she waved goodbye, but Kyungsoo stopped her cause he wanted to walk with her home this time.

 

Meanwhile on the streets Kyungsoo broke the silence between them and said. "I won't be hanging out to much like this anymore..."

 

"I know." Mika replied.

 

"I...."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I...I.."

 

"What is it Do Kyungsoo?

 

"I'm going to miss you."

 

Mika nodded, who was actually hoping for a reply 'I love you' , cause it actually sounds like it. but received it anyways and replied, "Me too."

 

Kyungsoo's cowardness overpowered once more, he was so dumb, but what the hell.

-

-

-

-

He just couldn't do it.

 


 

(current time | Mika's POV]

 

It had been three months since then. Mika had been hiding those feelings harder, so Kyungsoo would never suspect, even Minah. She supported the two and even went to events with them together. Eventhough it pains her, she made Kyungsoo happy and that was what she asked for.  But that afternoon of Christmas eve, she couldn't hold it back any longer, after re-calling the past. An urge of crying was felt once more, leaving her house, she decided to cry on the streets cause no one would even recognize her, unlike her house. But she bumped into the wrong person. It was Kyungsoo.

 


 

[D.O's POV]

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked for the 10th time. "Come on, Kang." he pleaded.

 

"It's nothing. I'm sorry about this, you'll be late for your date. So off you go now." Mika said standing up.

 

"I told Minah that I'll be running a little late."

 

"Which you aren't suppose to be doing, you should be promt and not keep her waiting. I told you to take care of her right?"

 

"Mika! Minah, I love her, yes, but always remember that I'll still be your best friend. Your also important okay? As much as important as her, and now please tell me what's bothering you.."

 

"It's not the time to tell you."

 

"I know that your hiding something from me this following months, I noticed it. Is it about that? can you please just tell me?"

 

"I don't want to Kyungsoo,, your life is so goddamn perfect right now, and I'm not and never will ruin it for you."

 

Mika called him by his first name, she never did that since she asked him if she could call him D.O, but he went with it and replied. "But if that thing would keep you crying and sad, then my life wouldn't be perfect."

 

"No Kyungsoo please, don't make me tell you it."

 

Cupping Mika's face, Kyungsoo pleaded for the last time. Causing Mika to break crying again. Whispering as he gathered her into a hug once more.

 

"Just tell me and we'll work it out."

 

"I'm inlove with you, Do Kyungsoo."  Mika cried pushing Kyungsoo away.

 

Widening his eyes, he couldn't believe what he just heard. "You were the person, I told you about that day. The person I like but couldn't really describe if it was that feeling. Actually that time I had already confimed that I love you. But you told me that you like someone else and I thought I could leave it with just that and move on....... but Minah came to the picture and I have to keep up this strong and unreadable face whenever I'm with the both of you,, for both of your sakes. This relationship was not mine to break."

 

Sniffing, Mika wiped the drip of tears on her cheeks. Kyungsoo tried to speak but he was like the stone upon hearing that late confession. Mika turned her heel and left the shop. Mika left, going back to reality he followed her but she was already gone.

 

"Oh, Kyungsoo!" Minah called from behind.

 


 

[Minah's POV]

 

MIinah did her last minute check-up before leaving her house. She had high expectations for that night. Walking in the streets, about a corner away from the movie house she caught a sight that was unexpected. Kyungsoo hugging a girl across the street. And that specific girl was his best friend, Seo Mika. Which was the person, behind the scenes, Minah envied.

 

Eventually she received a phone call. And look who it is.

 

"I'll be running a little late, is it fine?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Gripping her phone, she replied. "Yeah sure, I'm not ready yet anyways."

 

"Okay, I'll see you later."

 

"Yeah, bye."

 

Turning around the corner, she didn't see where the two headed cause she told herself she wasn't gonna take it. She got bored and entered a cafe. Seating alone in the corner she heard crying and overlooked through the bars that was separating the other extension of the cafe and saw Mika crying in Kyungsoo's arms. She eavesdrop long enough until she heard Mika told Kyungsoo that she loves him. Her heart couldn't take it and left. Went to the nearest ice cream shop and bought what she needed. A large cup of strawberry ice cream. Calming down herself cause she didn't want to cry. While eating she walked heading for the movie house, but as she looked up she saw Mika.

 

Trying to be innocent as if she didn't see them she asked with concern. "Mika! is something wrong?"

 

Lifting her head carefully cause her reddening nose and puffy eyes were clear enough to see. "I'm fine, it's nothing to worry about."

 

"Really?" Minah confirmed. Wanting to test Mika she offered. "Kyungsoo and  I will be watching a movie would you like to join us?"

 

"No..I need to go home anyways." Mika smiled and waved at Minah as she swiftly got on a bus.

 

"Mika.." Minah whispered. "You deserve to be happy."

 

Minah came back to the coffee shop and saw Kyungsoo out looking for, obviously Mika who had just ran away.

 

"Oh, Kyungsoo!" she called

 


 

Inside the movie theater they stayed quiet and Kyungsoo seemed afloat. So Minah thought that they needed to talk. 2 hours has passed since that idea, walking out Minah started at once.

"Kyungsoo."

 

"eh..?"

 

"Do you love her?"

 

"What, who?"

 

"Don't make me dumb Kyungsoo and tell me... do you love her?"

 

"Mika?"

 

"Duh!"

 

"Uhh... Minah.."

 

"Just tell me the truth..please.."

 

"I love you Minah, so much, but not as much as I love Mika."

 

Minah remained silent before she told him to go and run after her. And that if he couldn't catch ip to her, she'll never forgive him.

 

Minah knew exactly from the start, before she confessed to Kyungsoo, when they got together, the way he looks at her, the way he talkes to her and the way her moves around her, was far more different on how to move infront of 'just a friend'.

 

But for Minah, it wasn't wrong of wanting to be loved by the guy she loves the most. She wasn't selfish either, she let him go. Even if it left her behind crying.

 


 

[D.O's POV]

 

He did ran after her. Back to her house, but he was too late. Their housekeeper infromed that it was the laft day of the Seo family there in Korea, cause they headed for Japan. He asked for the time but even time had to be so cruel. She left, the plane left, roughly two hours ago. Which the housekeeper stated that they were almost late cause Mika went out. And clearly Kyungsoo knows where she had gone to.

 


 

A year has passed and the same day as last year. Mika called.

 

Kyungsoo never changed his phone number hoping that his childhood-friend-love might call anytime. And then now she actually did. As for Mika she never deleted Kyungsoo's number knowing and planning that someday she'll have the courage to call him, like now.

 

She told Kyungsoo that she'll be coming back and there's something that she's now wanting to tell him.

 

Since the said time was evening, Kyungsoo took his time baking. He remembers clearly how Mika loves eating his baked cupcakes. As a present for christmas he baked for her. Finishing the cupcake putting it in a bow with a bow on top, he started to get ready.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to give her a hint of moving on but he wasn't so bitter and he even knows himself that he is still inlove with his best friend.  He wore red. The time finally came he left his house, got the cupcake and made sure to keep it warm.

 

As he arrived in the park, he stayed at the left staircase to wait. After awhile MIka followed.

 

"Hey!" Mika called.

 

Smiling, Kyungsoo waved at her.  They started their conversation with normal hi's and how are you's. Then as the conversation got colder, Mika initiated.

 

"How're you and Minah?"

 

"We actually separated after you left."

 

"Really? I'm sorry about that, is it me?"

 

"Not actually it was her."

 

"Ah.. what happened."

 

"Well.."

 

"No it's fine you don't have to tell me its not my business anyways."

 

Then after that Kyungsoo asked the same thing and Mika made is slow but Kyungsoo wanted to hear it out and there she said it..

-

-

-

-

"Kyungsoo, I'm enganged, I'm going to get married." 

 

He was happy for her ofcourse why woudn't he be? Bamsoo is a lucky guy. But that meeting, he was expecting a different outcome not him broken hearted once more, but him and Mika together. Time passed, Mika needed to go since she'll be having a homecoming dinner and ofcourse christmas. Asking Kyungsoo if he wanted to come but rejected her and told her that he wanted to stay a little bit longer in the park.  They waved goodbye. Kyungsoo was left in the park thinking to himself. Reaching into his wide pocket he felt the box, he forgot to give her the cupcake. What the hell! He saw a guy with deep dimples going up the stairs, then eventually a prince-faced like guy going down.

 

He regretted for not telling Mika how he actually felt upto that time. Looking up the sky with snow going back up as if gravity was lost. He thought that people are meant to fall inlove with each other but can never be together.

 

Huh! cupcake..

 


 

A/N: And that was that guys! I'm sorry if it didn't match up to your expectations. Was it to sorrowful? ahahha.. i hope you liked it..

 

2,516k!!!  wow i never realized that it became this long. When i wrote it in scratch it was like about 700-900 only,, ahahaha,,

 

Next Baekhyun!!! hope you'll anticipate once more.!!!! And Minah here is a member of girls day if you dont know,,

 

Mika, Ain, Red are my friends if your wondering. Mika's bias is D.O. :) and if your asking who is Kay,, it's me,, Kay is my nickname >.< my nickname's original spelling is Kai but i thought you'll be confused, cause Jong In's stage name is Kai. ahahhaha...

 

OREO is masarap! ahahah..

 

SORRY FOR TYPOS, BLAME MY LAME KEYBOARD.

fallenangel101299