Baekhyun

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing: Baekhyun & Yura

Rating: PG

 


 

The night of Christmas eve, Baekhyun was looking at his fire place, cuddling humself by a blanket with his legs close to his chest. As the fire danced and moved, all Baekhyun heard with it was his ex-lover's laughter. Reminiscing those sweet memories with her that may never happen again. That kind of love will only be experienced once in a lifetime. Not long enough Baekhyun shed out tears.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Sniffing, Baekhyun whispered, "Yura." then closed his eyes.

 


 

December 24, 2012 / 5:00 pm

 

Yura and Baekhyun were walking around the streets of Seoul. It was a day off for the both of them. Since, it was rare, they decided to spend the day out. But Yura didn't know that Baekhyun planned something else for that night.

 

Turning around the corner, the couple found free massage chairs. Each of them sat on a chair. They leaned back and relaxed.

 

"Ah.... this feels good. " Baekhyun exhaled.

 

"Yeah..... we should do this more often." Yura added.

 

Continuing their day, they spotted a mini copper. It might be less but they both wanted a car like that. Despite Baekhyun's  A-4 Audi and Yura's Toyota Vios. Out of curiosity both tiptoed to the car and looked through the window. The scene was like their trying to steal something, but actually they were like little kids having big eyes, admiring the car.

 

Their relationship couldn't be any better than it already is. They were similar as friends, but each other knew what they feel for 

the latter. So with that, Baekhyun wanted to move on to the next stage, where Yura will bear his surname.

 

- 6:45 pm

As the sunset was nearing, they went to a park and both sat at the staircase and watched the sun as it sank. They stayed like that since they reasoned it's tiring to walk around like that, but to the main point they were getting lazy to walk back to their own house.

 

- 7:15 pm

Night time came faster than anticipated, by Byun Baekhyun. Silence grew bigger between the two of them, as the snow fell thicker and thicker by minutes. But despite the silence it wasn't spent with an awkward kind of atmosphere but was spent in a comfortable and relaxing one.

 

Taking a deep breath, taking note of the time, Baekhyun thought it was time. Slowly standing up, he tried. "Uh....."

 

"Hmmm?" Yura hummed.

 

Baekhyun brought out the ring that he will propose with, playing with it by the use of his beautiful slender fingers.

 

"I..I-I....w-was...a-h...uhhh..." Baekhhyun tried again.

 

Yura spotted the ring. "Yah! Byun Baekhyun!." Yura halted with a hand. "If you're gonna propose, I'm not gonna say yes." she continued.

 

"Why?!" Baekhyun argued.

 

"I don't like it this way, do it the proper way." Yura explained. "Like in the movies."

 

Baekhyun frowned. Defeated by his lover, he did as he was asked and knelt down.

 

So much for a perfect night. Baekhyun thought.

 

Yura smiled and motioned for Baekhyun to stand and brought out a ring as well. Baekhyun's eyes widened.

 

"What's this?" Baekhyun asked.

 

Yura got the ring from Baekhyun, the one he was going to propose with, 'suppose'. Then slowly intertwining her fingers with her confused lover. She smiled, he was cute.

 

"I planned on proposing as well." Yura confessed.

 

"Why? it's the guy's part to propose."

 

"Well I never thought that you'd make the first move."

 

"Eventhough, I was the one who asked you out. That hurts. It crushes my pride."

 

Hugging baekhyun, Yura comforted him. "I'm just joking, I just wanted to make our relationship extraordinary."

 

Giving into his girlfriend's hug, he kissed her forehead. Baekhyun did the honors in putting the ring on Yura while Yura did vice versa with him.

 

"Was that a yes?" Baekhyun whispered.

 

"Yeah."

 

- 9:00 pm

Back in their apartment, Baekhyun played the piano while Yura listens. After they cuddled in a blanket watching the fire dance in their fire place. Then Baekhyun started to tease Yura about her hair being messy. And eventually tickling laughter out of her. That night they spent having a great time. Laughing at each other's weirdness.

 


December 25, 2012 / 6:30 pm

Baekhyun was at work. Practicing his piece for his upcoming recital. He suddenly felt arms snaking around his chest. He motioned for Yura to lean down, which she complied on doing and gave her a kiss.

 

"You look beautiful." Baekhyun praised.

 

Looking at Baekhyun's lips, "You look mesmerizing. It seems your inspired." placing her nose to her lover's. Baekhyun grazed his hands on Yura face. "You're all the inspiration, I need."

 

"Good Luck!"

 

Smiling as he closed in on Yura's lips. "Thank you."

 

Then Yura did the honors closing in their distance.

 

- 8:00 pm

Yura was sitting infront together with Baekhyun's family and close friends. As Baekhyun stepped on stage, applause and anticipation were seen in all the audience's eyes.

 

Baekhyun played as his heart lead him to. Rivers flow in you was the original piece he practiced but his fingers jerked and experimented. He remixed it with Endless love.

Endless love

 

His performance was fatal, as the audiences described it. Emotion rained and swiftly spread through all of them. It was as if their were in a roller coaster of mixed feelings. Baekhyun was exceptional and exquisite. Everyone was impressed and intrigued of this amatuer pianist, and they would want to see more.

 

After the show, he received letters and praises by various of reporters, scouters and producers. And ofcourse, along side Yura who was beside him for support.

 


 

After the recital Baekhyun already had his time free and now he could spend quality with his girlfr-....erm- fiance. They went to a lot of places days after. Like namsan and anywhere that couples go to.

 

An evening both of them were lying down on the carpet while watching this horror movie. The phone rang. Baekhyun picked it up. Baekhyun didn't pause the movie, indicating Yura to continue watching, but she was curious who could that be. Baekhyun nodded and replied a "Yeah, sure. We'll go."

 

Sitting back down, Yura lifted herself up into a sitting position and scooted close to Baekhyun.

 

"Who was that?" Yura asked.

 

"Ahh.. it's mom. She was was wondering if we could go to them and celebrate new year there."

 

"What'd you say?"

 

"I told her that.. Yeah, sure. We'll go. ... but if it's okay?"
 

"Yeah, I would like to." Yura smiled.

 

"And she told me congratulations but asked me to not tell you cause it'll be better to congratulate in person."

 

Yura laughed at Baekhyun's mom debate.

 


 

December 28, 2012 / 2:00 am

 

Yura woke up in the middle of the night, waking up from the ugliest dream she ever had, Her waking up without Baekhyun by her side. Alarmed by Yura's panicking shout. Baekhyun turned to face his lover.

 

"What's wrong?!" Baekhyun asked worried, as he hugged Yura.

 

"Baekhyun,, don't leave, please don't leave." Yura cried.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm here." Baekhyun said trying to put ease Yura.

 

A little while, Yura calmed down and Baekhyun asked what was wrong. But she never expanded any information but told him that she had a bad dream. Baekhyun left it at that. Atleast, he sighed, she's fine.

"I love you." Baekhyun whispered. "I'll never leave you. I'll protect you"

 

"I love you too, Byun Baekhyun...so much."

 


 

December 29, 2012 / 1:45 am

 

Yura felt unease with their travel. But never told Baekhyun her concern. She didn't want to scare him. It was 1am in the morning they were driving to the resort where Baekhyun's family had paid for reservation. Baekhyun stated that it'll be better to travel in the morning, less traffic, he specified. Yura was at the passenger seat listening to songs, easing herself, and eventually lead to sleeping.

 

They were in the highway, cars moved fast and wildly than in the day. Since there were less cars and people outside. But in a swift movement, as Baekhyun turned. There was a truck, out of control and horning loud. Baekhyun swerved but hit the dividision of two intersections. Their car turned and bumped then eventually throwing it's passengers out.

 

Baekhyun heard muffled car horns and the roaring of the fire . He slowly stood up and felt pain prick his back and abdomen. But disregarded it and looked for Yura. Baekhyun's memory was vague and only remembers that his fiance was sleeping before that happened.

 

He saw the truck and was upside down. It was on fire, the driver and the passengers were at the side of the road helping each other out, and one was coming towards him. He ran as he spotted Yura by the end of his car.

 

Baekhyun held her hand and she stirred. Slowly blinking and her eyes flew open to see her fiance.

 

"Baekhyun.." she said weakly. "What happened?"

 

"I'm sorry Yura, I tried. The truck lost its control, you'll be okay." Baekhyun said, controling himself.

 

"My chest, my ribs..I feel like their broken." Yura said. "It's getting harder to breathe."

 

Baekhyun was afraid. He didn't know what to do. He leaned down and placed his forehead to Yura's. By that Yura slightly closed her eyes. As if it was a dream. She flashbacked, and backtracked her life. Back to when she was a baby, kindergarten where she met Baekhyun. Highschool when they started dating and up to college. And when they got jobs and moved in together. And especially the most important moment when Baekhyun proposed. She felt as if she was floating but a voice woke her up again. Eventhough it was muffled. She tried to understand and make it clearer. Good thing Baekhyun kept repeating.

 

"No, Yura don't close your eyes. Keep them open, let's pray." Baekhyun said as tears streamed down his face. It was a total of 15 minutes of praying, Yura got tired. The ambulance sirens were muffling sounds once more. She started to close her eyes again but Baekhyun prevented it.

 

"Yura No, Help is here... we'll make you feel better. Don't close your eyes."

 

But it was not enough. Her eyelids slid down. And at the hospital it was very clear what happened next. Yura was death on arrival. Inside the ambulance Yura's last words were "I'm sorry,, I love you Byun Baekhyun so much... happy new year."

 

5:00 am [hospital corridors.]

 

Baekhyun was waiting for his family to arrive. You can see the tiredness in his eyes. Eventhought he only opened them a few times. He kept his eyes shut, trying to stop the tears from forming.

 

what's so happy about the new year? huh? Yura.

 


 

A year has passed and Baekhyun found himself crying again. It was the day when he proposed to Yura. He wanted to do something. As he wiped those tears induced of sadness away he got his coat and went somewhere. He went to the hall where he did his recital. He went up stage and came to the piano and sat down. He took a glance at the seat where Yura normally sits on when he performs. He sighed and played.

Lost. Moving on.

 

As he played the last and ending note, a tear escaped once more. He sniffled and stoop up. Leaving and headed to one place.

 

He got to the park and sat where they had sat on before. Which was the staircase. He waited for the sun to go down. As the first star came up he wished.

 

I miss you. I want to remember you. But please let me remember not reminisce those times. I just want to hear your laugh, see your face. Without crying but smiling. I love you Byun Yura.

 

He got the ring Yura wore in a short period of time. And kissed it. Placing it down.

 

Standing up he saw a doe-eyed guy pass him and walked down the staircase. As he motioned down to leave, he crossed with this chinese-panda looking guy, and suddenly the snow that was falling down lost its gravity and moved up towards the sky going back. Baekhyun stopped on his tracks and took a deep breath.

 

Your the one who left me,, but it was my fault, I failed protecting you. I'm sorry Yura. I love you.

 


A/N: was it lame? ahahhaha,, i'm sorry about that.

2,063k woah,,,, hahahaha... my writing is getting longer and longer ^^

 

POCKY IS <3

SORRY FOR TYPOS, BLAME MY LAME KEYBOARD.

fallenangel101299