Kris

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing: Kris & Seohyun

Rating: PG

 


 

Lifting up his pencil, Kris really has no inspiration in mind to even sketch the painting he'll be doing, for his upcoming art exhibit, well the venue was already set but the main painting of the show was still missing. Its just the artist wasn't finished yet. So yes, the showing was to be rescheduled for next month, but that'll be the last. Ryeowook had been doing that for the 3rd time that year, and his friend Kris, still hasn't done what he has promised to finish 5 months earlier. It might've been the unwanted break-up that happened 6 months ago. Well, it wasn't suppose to happen, if Seohyun didn't..

 

Standing up Kris looked out the window and remembered almost everything, especially those warm afternoons that were spent in that very same room.

 

The sun would always pass through the windows, which was normally open so that the fresh wind would provide them cool. Kris would always sit on the ground to sketch or paint small things. While his girlfriend, Seohyun would lean on his back to read a book or rather peer through his shoulders, rest her cheeks there and admire his artwork. And after their businesses they would go out the balcony, sit on the hammock and sleep there together. Sometimes, Seohyun would play with Kris' fingers and grazes at the tiny band that they bought on their first date, when they got official. Kris closed his eyes and burried every memory behind his mind. Sitting back down, he lifted his pencil once more, but his arms grew weak, he didn't want to admit it but he clearly knows why. His lips were slightly trembling when a tear came crawling down his face.  

 


 

Earlier that year, in February. Kris attended an old's friend art exhibit. It was his pleasure to be invited, well he did tease his friend that he might get an idea for his own exhibit that'll be coming by the midst of that year. He was walking around with Sunny, who was the said friend, around the gallery.

 

"Everything looks great, your paintings are quite bright in the first hall but as you go deeper to this second hall, everything turns out to be quite dim." Kris commented, taking a sip of a glass of martini on hand. 

 

"Not everything ends happily. Life isn't that bright as what optimistic people sees, I feel bad for them for seeing anny situation like that cause it never ends that way." Sunny replied. 

 

"Yeah...pretty much we—" Kris got cutt of of when he eyed  beautiful lady looking at one of the paintings. The painting was abstract, A strong orange pressed onto the canvas, which reminds one of fresh Pop Orange ice cream. Glorious intermediate tones, greyish green and delicate rose shimmer through amongst the unbroken base colours. Brushing of his artistic side, Kris asked. "Who's that?" 

 

"Who?" Sunny redirected her eyes. "Her?" pointing out her finger to the lady.

 

Kris nodded. Sunny smiled a teasing smile, then said. "She's Seo Juhyun, she's my classmate back in college..we'd been homeroom seatmates. I invited her since I promised her before that I would..she's a close friend." 

 

"Hmmm...." Kris replied, that was all he could think about. "Is it okay if I?" 

 

"Yeah, it's not like she's untouchable or something...." 

 

"Well..yeah..it's just she's—"

 

"Okay..Kris Wu" Sunny halted, as she puts a hand up. "I'll be going around, go talk to her if you want too, she's kind." nudges Kris by his arms. "I'll go on ahead." 

 

"Okay.." Kris replied, nervously.

 

 

 

 

"This painting is kind of confusing.." Seohyun said as she pouted her lips.  

 

"Bach?" Kris asked as he came closer, standing next to Seohyun. "Pretty isn't it, Sunny's good in making her audience get fascinated by her works." looking up at the painting. 

 

"She is very good at that.." Seohyun smiles. "This painting caught my attention, I kind of feel a sort of warmth seeing it, and somehow this part.." Seohyun gestured her hand by the right part of the painting. "Feels a little cold and somewhat a cool feeling." 

 

"What do you think it conveys?" Kris questioned.

 

"Nothing really I guess, just a feeling..since its abstract right?" 

 

"Yeah, but in truth, even abstract paintings shows the mirror of the feeling that the painter feels when she was painting that. She might've painted that when the sun was so high up but the wind is strong or something like that.." 

 

Seohyun nodded as a response, then bit her lip. "Are you an artist?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"An artist.." Seohyun repeated. "If I called you a painter it'll be weird."

 

Both giggled by the statement, then Kris nodded. "Yes I am." 

 

Reaching out her hand, Seohyun grinned. "I'm Seo Juhyun, I like being called Seohyun more..nice meeting you..uh.."

 

"Kris..." Kris swiftly continued. "Kris Wu.."

 

"Nice meeting you Kris Wu." 

 

 

 

 

That night, they spent it together, inside the gallery and upto Seohyun's house, as Kris insisted to bring her home. They had never expected but they met again in an art exhibit the following week, and that time they had exchanged their numbers. Slowly both of them grew pretty fond to each other. Seohyun would go to Kris' house to cook for him, or just hang out. So was Kris to her house. It was then when Kris started to develop feelings for Seohyun, and so was Seohyun to him. Seohyun wasn't the kind of person who expresses her feelings directly since she would always be shy into telling. And Kris knew that. In a short period of time he kind of like knew every bit about her, she likes to read books, see paintings, she's very quiet most of the time, won't start a conversation unless you do, won't even say if she has a problem unless you ask her and most especially she likes quotes coming from books and movies. But there was this one trait that he likes about her, which he discovered  and confirmed from her mom. He remembers it so well. When they went to Seohyun's parents for about a week ago.

 

"Seohyun has this habit to play with fingers, and it simply means that your important to her. If she does that to you. She does it most of the time to me and her father." 

 

Her mom told him. And that lifted Kris' spirits up cause their was this afternoon where they sat on a park bench just telling stories. Seohyun grabbed his hand, while listening, she played with it. 

 

Not long after Kris asked permission to Seohyun's parents if he could date their daughter and both parents agreed to. So by evening, Kris then asked Seohyun, she didn't hesitate and said said with a wide grin on her face. After days of courting, they had dinner once more and that's when Seohyun said that she'll be Kris' girlfriend officially. Bliss was the word Kris felt that time, and that's when both shared their first kiss. They started walking, and they came upon a flee market. They overlooked some items and Seohyun saw couple rings. She happily dragged Kris and told him that they should get it. So they did. 

 

They had times when they would speak about the future. Kris had a lot in mind specially about his paintings. Silently Seohyun took everything in but in real, she was hurt. All of the plans that Kris had said, she wasn't included, she was never mentioned. And that made Seohyun thought that maybe those goals and dreams of Kris will be fulfilled if she weren't there. Her insecurities grew as time goes on. She never told Kris her concerns. Neither did he ask, and she wasn't gonna tell him.

 

Weeks then months came by when they were together. Seohyun was still feeling insecure, and every night she had alot of thinking to do and she made her decision. Everything on what Kris had thought as a perfect relationship, one afternoon had to change it. Kris was on the ground sketching Seohyun, who fell asleep, from watching the first sketch that he made. After that, he carefully woke Seohyun up, and let her see the drawing, she smiled and kissed Kris on the cheek. They went out to the hammoch their usual routine. Kris arms were around her when she grabbed his hand on her right, playing with his fingers once more. Kris rested his chin on her shoulder, slightly closing his eyes as the wind breezes. She started to sing.

 

" Quietly hug me from behind, rest your chin on my shoulder. Not too strong but softly, hug me so I can feel your warmth~" 

 

Kris was enjoying everybit of that moment but then he heard a couple of snuffle and a drop of water— he thought— fell on his cheek. But when he lifted his face, Seohyun was crying. 

 

 

 

 

The rain outside was strong, the lightning and thunder were so powerful and loud. Seohyun was now wiping her tears away, getting her bag and leaving out the door. He was just left frozen, he couldn't believe his ears. Getting an umbrella, he followed her. 

 

"Seohyun-ah!" Kris shouted. 

 

Sobbing silently, Seohyun turned to face Kris. Her tears was flowing like a waterfall.

 

"I love you.." he continued.

 

Shooking her head. Seohyun bit her lip, she started moving away. But Kris got a hold of her. "I love you so much..." Kris repeated. "I love you so much.."

 

"Kris..I'm sorry.." Prying Kris' arms around her she ran across the street, looking back, was the most terrible decision she had made. A car came fast towards her in the middle of the street. 

 


 

Kris, I think we shouldn't continue this anymore. Our relationship is undefined. We're not compatible. I sometimes think if it was the right thing to say yes to you before. I don't know maybe I was just blinded by love, but as time goes on, I'm kind of coming to a conclusion of what I really want, and it's not to be with you. I don't love you anymore Kris.

 

Seohyun was feeling bad for you, cause she thought that she was holding you back into everything Kris. She loves you, your very dear to her. But she thought that maybe those goals that you had in mind were for you and for you alone and not with her. These were the things she never told you. She had lied, the things you had told me, the reasons she gave you? those were all lies. Seohyun was insecure.

 

Lifting a hand he wiped those tears away. He started to sketch. As his piece was finished he stood up and called Ryeowook. He was asked to bring the piece into the art gallery. So he left his house. Instead of using his car, he decided to walk so that he could get things off his mind. He missed Seohyun so much. He had draw her, piecing his memories, he draw her as she was reading before. He passed by a park and thought about stopping by for awhile. He saw a panda-looking guy and a guy who has eyes like a camel. He moved on and sat on a bench by the left side of the fountain. He was still wearing the ring both he and Seohyun shared. He misses her, and ever since she was gone he got trait, being quiet most of the time. And playing the fingers of the person important to them. Seohyun is important but he has got to move on, Amber was here, he thought. She's a great friend of Kris, well she has feelings for him but he never entertains her. But she'd always been there through rough times. He still wasn't ready though, but He knows that someday he will. He still loves that innocent lady from the art gallery before, and he will so onwards. 

 


 

A/N: like poop!

1982k :) for tonight <3

this was omg!!!!!

back hug is <3 

I'm sorry this is all the ramen I ate's fault. LOL.. :3

I hope you like it..I wasn't in my mind when I wrote this,, ahah joke.. 

If anyone wants to read Seohyun's POV of this story please do comment down it you'd like..

 

this was the painting that Seohyun was looking at Sunny's Art Exhibit. ahahha this is Gerhard Richter's painting..credits to him..I like his works you should check some :)  Bach. is the painting's name.

 

SORRY FOR TYPOS. BLAME BY LAME KEYBOARD.

 

fallenangel101299