Chanyeol

Cold [EXO-Story Compilation]

Pairing:  Chanyeol & Jieun

Rating: PG

 


 

It started back in college, when Chanyeol noticed this girl, Jieun, who has an unending crush on him. Chanyeol got so interested, yes. Despite being a Fine Arts student, she appears alot mysterious from all the girls he ever met. And from all the girls who confessed and had feelings for him, Chanyeol marked her as 'outstanding.'

 

It was an hour before afternoon classes starts. Chanyeol dragged Key to visit the Fine Arts Building. And Key knew exactly why his friend wants to go there.

 

"And why am I with you again?" Key sighed as he was being pulled.

-

"Cause I 'dragged' you so.." Chanyeol answered sarcastically.

-

"You wanna see Jieun, who you found out that has a crush on you...you got interested. Wouldn't it be better if you were alone in asking her out!"

-

"I'm not gonna ask her out, I just wanna meet her."

-

"After 2 months you want to meet her? You should've done it the first time you knew,"

-

"If I did that back then, she might get scared."

-

"And why?"

-

"Cause I knew about that little crush on me when Yoonseo humiliated her-" Chanyeol paused. "And besides she might think, I might be playing her."

-

"And you realized that just now?"

-

"Uh...No...just a few weeks ago."

-

"Park Chanyeol!"

-

"I want to get to know her,, I kind of think I like her too."

-

"You barely know her."

-

"And that is why I'm gonna make her my friend, okay?"

-

"Friend?"

-

"Yeah, friend. Now shut up and let's just get there."

-

Key gave up. He didn't know how he'll talk himself out of his situation anymore. With Chanyeol's, shaking, sweating-nervously, tight hand grip.

 

Going up to the 2nd floor of the building. It was rather peaceful. As the sunlight passes through the windows and classrooms, which has glass walls, separating the corridor from the classroom itself.

 

Afraid to disturd the silence, Key and Chanyeol walked silently and was surprised no one was even in the classrooms. And It hit the both of them, It was breaktime. Peering into the next classroom, they found the reason why Chanyeol was there and why Key was forced to waste his time with Chanyeol's , 'I want to be friends with her ' fiasco. They saw her, wearing a short that was ripped slightly by the thighs, white sleeveless loose shirt and a maroon varsity jacket. She was painting somethings, abstract painting, Chanyeol thought to describe it.

 

"She's very pretty." Key commented.

-

"Yeah, I know...and stop drooling. Cause she's mine." Chanyeol said possesively.

-

"Correction, you two don't know each other."

-

"Ehheemm,, Correction. We know each other's name."

-

"You two are not close."

-

"We will be if I enter the classroom."

-

"Whatever, I give up."

 

Chanyeol looked back to Jieun. And he could say the same thing. She's very pretty. The beam of the sunlight through the glass windows illuminates warmly, together with the beige painted walls. With her hair tied up in a bun and her eyes covered with charcoal, she's so attracting and beautiful. The reason why Chanyeol likes her. The scene could even be better than the fantasies in movies but this was reality. Chanyeol sighs of confirmation.

 

She was real, this was real.

 

He mustered up his courage and went inside. He asked Key ofcourse to just stay outside and hide. Upon entering, Chanyeol scanned the whole room, she's alone.

 

"Hey..." Chanyeol greeted, waving his hand and giving a smile.

 

Jieun turned around, she thought she was dreaming but.....oh my god!... She couldn't think of anything to say, like there's something holding her tongue but before Chanyeol could sense something awkward she responded.

 

"I....uhhh..hey.." Jieun said stuttering. "What brings you here?"

 

Chanyeol wandered around the room and Jieun watched him so. He was overlooking over all the paintings but he saw no emotion in each one of them but Jieun's. Her painting has the feeling of grief and sorrow and it can catch and pull back people's emotions. 

 

"Ummm...nothing." Chanyeol replied, as he half opened his eyes and putting on a pout. And accidentaly stumbling over a few art materials, which made Jieun giggle and Key laughing histerically outside.

 

Chanyeol reached the teacher's table and maintained his cool image. Sitting on top he asked, "Why're you here alone?"

 

"Break, but I wanted to finish so.." Jieun said coming closer. "I'm Jieun by the way." Reaching her hands out to Chanyeol. Well atleast introduce herself properly, she thought. The humiliation of Yoonseo was not the proper way.

 

Chanyeol stared at Jieun. Then she thought, 'how could I even introduce myself, I know he knows I have a crush on him. I think he'll talk me out of those feelings............... and this is so embarrasing. Why would he even want to be friends with the likes of me.'

 

Embarrasment was what she felt and, she felt bad. 'Never will Park Chanyeol will see me as someone anyways, I'm sure he's just making fun of it until now.'

 

As Jieun temted to put her hand down, she lost the eye contact, but Chanyeol grabbed her hand and lifted her face.

 

"I know your name...nice to met you."

 

"Nice to meet you too."

 


 

And that's all it took to create a new relationship. After a few months of being friends they went to the next stage and Chanyeol started dating her. The news of them being together was spread throughout the school like wildfire. They had everything. A perfect realationship, many friends, and supportive parents. At the college ball they got the couple of the night award which was given by Key and wasn't even an official award, but what the hell. They hid the award and they planned on posting it on their wall when they get a house, or a small apartment.

 

After college, moving in together and 2 months. Chanyeol gathered up in his mind of wanting to propose and which he did. Jieun said yes, but after, it kept her thinking if this what she really wants.

 

After months of planning, A week before the wedding, Jieun bailed and left. Chanyeol didn't know why. All he got was Jieun left for Japan for no reason. Chanyeol was dismayed. Is she not ready yet? was she nervous? don't she love him anymore?

 

Questions kept piling and piling. He started searching for her cause even her family doesn't know where she is. Which actually the big obstacle Jieun's family had to go through, they knew where Jieun was and they know her reason but it wasn't time to tell Chanyeol, and it wasn't theirs to tell.

 

After a few weeks of searching in Tokyo. Chanyeol went out and went to a mall to explore and relax himself for awhile. After getting coffee, he saw a very familiar girl walking with a guy. She was wearing the coat he bought her for christmas. He followed them as they enter one shop. Minutes later, she left alone. And he took his chance.

 

"Jieun-ah!" Chanyeol called.

 

Jieun turned and was shocked. What was Chanyeol doing here?, she wanted to cry, he even went this far. But she wansn't ready yet. So she continued to walking but Chanyeol catched up and holds her. Keeping her in direct eye contact. 

 

"No more running away." Chanyeol panted.

-

She didn't respond.

-

"Why?" Chanyeol started. "Why'd you leave me? I'm not angry..I just want to know why.. Jieun I love you..so much.. why'd you?"

 

Jieun could sense how Chanyeol's deep voice started to cry and how his eyes started to form the tears, he kept and held back since she left. But this guy earlier came out of nowhere and called.

 

"Jieun?"

-

"Ah...Mark."

-

"Is everything okay?" Mark asked coming closer and stared at Chanyeol. 

-

Apparently, Mark was just acting. He's a childhood friend of Jieun who went ot Japan to study. So he knows her conflicts, and he knows Chanyeol.  

-

Chanyeol just wanted to laugh. At the two.

-

"Do you know him?" 

-

Jieun woke up from her daydream, and shook her head.

-

"No....."

-

Chanyeol wanted to break down.

-

"I don't know him."

-

He wanted to cry. 

-

Mark removed Chanyeol's grab on Jieun's arm. "Get off."

 

Chanyeol laughed bitterly then looked at Jieun. "Want to play it like that, huh?" He scoffed. "Okay..." He his tracks and left. It was humiliating. 

 

Jieun was left crying in Mark's arms hours later in their shared apartment. 

 

After 5 days, Chanyeol arranged a flight and left to go back to Korea and lived his life without Jieun. 

 

 

 

A few months later.....

Chanyeol was already an Idol for his father's recording label. It was a break after the first few activities they had. It was morning when Chanyeol went to his girlfriend's apartment.

 

"Chanyeol, do you wanna go see?"

 

"If you want to I'll go with you, Yena."

 

"Is it okay if we bring Key and the others?"

 

Chanyeol pouted. "Well it's actually our date, I wouldn't want anyone disturbing us."

 

Giggling Yena replied. "Okay...okay.." Giving in into his boyfriend's aegyo.

 

"Go get ready." Chanyeol said.

 

Winking, Yena smiled and head off to her closet.

 

 

 

As for Jieun, Her career was getting better. Her paitings were always receiving good feedbacks from critics and admirers. Her paintings were always auctioned and sold in big amounts. She headed back to Korea to hold a showing. It was her first in her country so she made the event extra special and extravagant.  

 

The morning of her show while preparing, she had thought of Chanyeol. And she planned on talking and meeting with him after the event. She thought that she's ready and wanted to make it up to him. She really misses him.

 

 

That night of the show, Jieun was socializing with some of her buyers that even flew to Korea just to see her new works. As she was looking around she saw a familiar guy walking towards her.

 

"Jieun is that you?" Key asked, smiling.

-

"Key!" Jieun replied happily and gave him a quick hug.

-

"It is you, you're still the same. It's nice to see you." 

-

"You too Key, I've missed all of you."

-

"Nice paintings...you really got alot in mind." 

-

"Ahahhaah,, thanks alot."

-

"How long will you be staying here?"

-

"Actualy, I'm staying for good I guess, I don't know.. It depends on my mind anyways.."

-

"Ahahaha..oh.." Key shifted his smile into a serious face. "Will you go and see Chanyeol?"

-

"I'm planning to, but I guess he wouldn't want to see me."

-

"He's here with me.."

-

"Really? Can I go to him? Where is he?"

-

"Umm...Jieun.. I don't think.."

-

"I really want to talk to him.."

-

"But he already had a.."

-

"Please?"

 

Key gave up. It was one of the most similar things Jieun and Chanyeol has. You can't say no or debate on what they want cause you'll loose either way. Key led her to where Chanyeol is and was hurt on what she saw. Chanyeol was holding hands with Yena, the girl Jieun secretly envied back in college. Jieun took a deep breath, preventing the tears from falling.

 

"You never let me finish, Chanyeol and Yena are now dating."

-

Jieun was still caught in sight. But she gathered herself and wiped the tear that fell.

-

Sniffing."Oh... since when?"

-

"About a month after Chanyeol came back from Japan." 

-

As that Yena caught Jieun with Key and pointed her. Chanyeol turned around. Yena pulled Chanyeol to go to Jieun.

-

"Jieun! Hey!" Yena called.

-

Jieun smiled and waved.

-

"The paintings are amazing, you did pretty good."

-

"Thanks, Yena."

-

"It's nice seeing you."

-

"You too, I hope you enjoy the rest of the show,, try the food it's great."

-

"Sure, do you want to eat Yeol?"

-

"Sure, let's eat." Chanyeol answered.

-

"Do you wanna come Key?" Yena asked.

-

"Ofcourse, I'll go on first."

 

Yena tugged on Chanyeol's arm but he was stiffed as if he doesn't want to move. Yena knew that Chanyeol wants to talk with Jieun and she let him,

 

"I'll go on ahead too." 

 

Yena said leaving. Chanyeol stood there blankly for a few minutes and started to walk eventually but Jieun stopped him grabbing his arm.

 

"Chanyeol.."

-

"Who are you?"

-

"Please don't act like you don't know me...please.." Jieun said as tears started to fall.

-

"Why? you did it before, why can't I?"

-

"Cause I was a fool Chanyeol. I still love you, please..." 

-

"What do you want me to do?" Chanyeol asked. "But you must know that I got over you a long time ago. I need to leave, Yena might be waiting for me."

-

"I wasn't ready to marry you, I still wanted to do things. I wanted to know myself first. I didn't know what to do..I.."

-

"I have to go.."

-

"I thought you'd wait for me, cause I believed you. That whatever happens you'll wait for me and love me and.."

-

Chanyeol left and not bothering to hear another word.

 


 

Jieun came home crying after the event and the occurance. She was crying behind her door with her knees close to her chest. She recalled everything that happened.

 

When she bailed the wedding. [flashback]

 

Jieun was crying in her mom's embrace. 

 

"I don't know mom... I don't think I'm ready yet.. I don't know what to tell Chanyeol." She sobbed.

 

"I'm sure he'll understand you.. just tell him."

 

But Jieun didn't, after that, she told her family what she wanted to do, and that's what she did. 

 

She still wanted to do things, like pursue her dream. Chanyeol was one of them but she still wanted to be an artist. So she flew to Japan to her Mark that will help her. 

 

Mark has many connections, since he works for a magazine in Japan. So with him everything came fast for Jieun. Few weeks they saw Chanyeol and it left Jieun depressed. She had to go to therapy for 2 and a half months. However she still pursued her dream, with the goal of going back to Chanyeol with something on the table not shame. 

 

Sometimes at night she would reminisce moments with Chanyeol and misses them so much that leaves her crying sometimes. Then an opportunity came to have a show in Korea and she took but it was all in vain. She was too late and her giant wasn't inlove with her anymore.

 


 

Christmas came to that year and Chanyeol was infront of a shop. He broke up with Yena after the art exhibit. And he felt emptier as ever. He pulled out a box that was in his pocket and opened it. Wearing both rings with his ring finger and his pinky finger. Looking at them smiling remembering the time when he proposed to Jieun and the bliss and excitement they both felt. But then he also remembered the wedding that never continued. He sighed and put them in the box and walked. He walked pass a park and got curious so he went. Nightime he sat on a elevated place and looked at the sky.  He saw a tanned guy came with a puppy in his coat. Then he heard the clock chime. The snow that was falling seems as if it was going back to sky and Chanyeol shouted in his mind that he wanted to re-do things and keep Jieun. Then with that a tear fell...after another..then another.

-

-

-

-

He silently cried as he let the snow graze on his face.

 


 

A/N:  Jieun, Yena and Yeonseo are members of the new girl group 1ps, their just so pretty.. I don't know the last member yet so she wasn't included whoever she is ahahah LOL...

 

I'll do proof reading later ^^

hope you enjoy <3

let's put a check mark on Chanyeol's [ / ]

next is CHEN..  please anticipate until the last guys love you!!!!

2,646k without scratch!!! wohooo..

 

SORRY FOR TYPOS, BLAME MY LAME KEYBOARD.

fallenangel101299