The truth about Eyoung.

I am Lee Kaeun (PG-13 mature content)

hi Yay 2500 views thanku

 

 

Some of the scenes of this chapter were made by inspirations i got. hehe 

 

Edit: Thankso to those who upvote ^^ idk what that is tho *EDITS EDITS* I COVERED UP LOOP HOLES WITH SOME MINOR CHANGES

 

Chapter 16

 

 

YEAR 2. SUMMER.

 

 

It was an extreme occasion, and anyone can bet that something like this would never happen again.

 

The officers have soju handed out to prisoners.

 

It was obviously a stupid suggestion from one of the Officers to do so, after more recent breakout of fights showed the unhappiness the women prisoners had.

 

Officer Jo must have been out of his mind to allow this, but the Government already have sent warnings to him about not abolishing the rule he created, so he was pretty much desperate to stop the prisoners from causing him headaches.

 

So the women prisoners were all brought to the field to get a drink there.

 

Officer Jo was lucky that they were surprisingly well-behaved that night, for the prisoners were tame and quiet while drinking.

 

 

~

 

 

Nana gazed at her empty glass intently, before she looked over to her partner who was still downing soju.

 

To be honest, Nana wasn't strong in taking in alcohol, so she already had Lizzy to drink up for her when she felt that she was turning tipsy after a few sips. 

 

Her partner on the other hand, was surprisingly still going strong even after drinking from the other members (and some other prisoners) glasses. She even had Eyoung to sit beside her drinking up some of the soju with her and Nana could already see that Eyoung was not taking in the beverage well.

 

 And there was Kaeun was observing them at a distance, with the reason that the young girl still detests alcohol.

 

Furtively, Nana stood up and went over to Kaeun's side to continue watching Eyoung and Lizzy drink together. Nana planned on discussing with the younger girl on how to bring back both their drunk cellmates later on.

 

However, before Nana had the chance to speak, she noticed Eyoung standing up slowly, staggering with her eyelids half opened.

 

The girl was undoubtly drunk already, and Nana knew she did pass out any moment.

 

When Eyoung turned to their direction, Kaeun just froze there.

 

The drunk girl stretched her hand out as she beckoned for Kaeun. She took small steps towards Nana's and Kaeun's direction, with every step getting less stable than the previous.

 

 

"Kaeun-ah."

 

 

Kaeun not knowing what to do, stood very still as Eyoung continue to stagger forward, hand still beckoning for the younger girl.

 

 

"Kaeun-ah, come here."

 

 

Nana clicked her tongue irritably, unsatisfied at how slow Kaeun was responding to Eyoung's call. She tapped on Kaeun's shoulder and gestured for her to go up to Eyoung quickly.

 

Kaeun snapped back into reality as she immediately went up to Eyoung. There, she faced the drunk girl awkwardly, not knowing what to do when the older girl suddenly turned silent in front of her.

 

Nana just sighed inwardly, frustrated over the lack of action between these two despite Kaeun standing so close in front of Eyoung already.

 

Nana found the maknae ultimately foolish, for she once again was still oblivious and numb over the needs of Eyoung.

 

Nana wanted so much to walk over and tell Kaeun to take care of Eyoung properly, but she didn't.

 

She wanted to believe that Kaeun would still be able to do so without anyone telling her to. And also believe that Kaeun would be smart enough to figure out soon that the older girl right in front of her was already having feelings for the maknae.

 

When Eyoung suddenly dropped into Kaeun's arms, Nana just knew that heaven was helping her somehow. She wanted to scream and jump around in joy but still, she kept that in.

 

It was still too early to conclude anything from these two and she sighed further.

 

So Nana just stood up quietly and walked over to pick up the sleeping Lizzy on the floor.

 

 

~

 

 

It was bad news when Nana heard that four out of the seven other girls in their clique were stuck together with a group of prisoners that have been detained over a case of suspected theft happening in the Prison.

 

Apparently, one of the VIP guests that was visiting the prison lost her jewellery when touring around.

 

It was unfortunate that Jungah, Uee, Eyoung and Kaeun happened to be hanging up laundry nearby, and were among the several other suspected to have stolen the jewellery.

 

And it was more unfortunate that the VIP guests was being valued by Officer Jo more than ever because these guests played a big part in supporting him to keep him in his position.

 

The seven girls were all considered to be Nana's sisters, and she worry endlessly for them.

 

Nana felt useless for all she can do is wait, and wait she did, praying for the four girls to return safely.

 

But perhaps her prayer was not answered.

 

 

~

 

 

 

The prisoners rounded up by the Officers were supposed to face the wall and strip their clothes off accordingly so as to prove that they had absolutely nothing with them.

 

When it reached Uee's turn, she violent objected to it, screaming really well that they were all humans and should not be treated as such. The officers have her pinned as they forcibly tried to take her clothing off themselves.

 

When Kaeun jumped on the officer who was trying to remove Uee's clothing, Eyoung jumped on the other one that tried to stop her.

 

Jungah went to Uee's side as she covered her protectively.

 

And that was how the four of them were ordered by Officer Jo to enter the punishment rooms.

 

 

~

 

 

Jungah held Uee's hands as she assured the younger that they would be fine, even though both of them knew they wouldn't be.

 

It was a mistake for Officer Jo to uncuff their handcuffs first, beacuse Uee resisted violently when he pulled her by her wrists into the grey room for canning.

 

As they entered the grey room, Uee freed her hands from his grip and sent a slap across his face in retaliation.

 

And Officer Jo just flared up at the rebel.

 

He believed that he have already enough struggle to take a hold onto her, so he did not hesitate to take out his wooden baton and brutally struck it down on her. Uee used her arm reflexively to block the first strike and she winced for his blows were strong. 

 

Officer Jo struck down once again, and when Uee brought her arm to block the blow again, she could hear her bones crack and her arm just went limp. Immediately, Uee screamed in pain when her arm started to hurt like hell.

 

It looks like he have broke her arm, but at the same time he broke his wooden baton.

 

Officer Jo raised his broken baton again, ready to strike her for a third and final time but before he could, the door burst open.

 

Jungah ran forward towards the man bravely as she fought with him for the possession of the seemingly dangerous weapon, while the two maknaes went to check on Uee whose face have been drained of its colour.

 

Being physical stronger than Jungah, the Officer easily took control of the broken piece of weapon and swung it across at her face within a split second.

 

Kaeun only stared in horror when she saw one of her oldest Unnie's eye suddenly bleeding. The sharp wood must have cut into her eye and now Jungah was on the floor shriveling in agony.

 

Before the Officer could react, Kaeun launched herself at him, making him lose grip and drop the baton.  Punching him once on his face in anger, it made Officer Jo dazed for a while, but soon he struck a blow at her, it sent her reeling. 

 

Through the hot tears welled up in her eyes, she could see him coming for her and she instictively hooked punch the man in the cheek.

 

Inside Kaeun was laughing at herself. It was her first fight after in a long time, and she laughed at how ironic she had to deal with an officer from hurting her friends.

 

It took only a few seconds for the officer to recover before he threw another quick jab at a point below her chest. Kaeun didn't dodge the blow fast enough and the strike connected.

 

Kaeun bent over and knelt down for she couldn't breathe properly after that.

 

But even as she kept her head down, she could hear the man grunting.

 

She looked up, and saw Eyoung pushing the man onto the floor, before dealing punch after punch onto the man's face.

 

Kaeun panicked when Eyoung wouldn't stop plummeting her fists on his face even though the man had blood all over him and wasn't even fighting back anymore.

 

She was going to kill him and they all know it.

 

Kaeun tried to stand up to stop the girl, but her hurting ribs was telling her to stay down.

 

Kaeun gritted her teeth as she forced herself to stand up. But before she could reach over to Eyoung, someone already beat her to it.

 

Eyoung felt someone snake their arms over her waist as the person back hugged her.

 

She recognised the transparent ring that was snugged loosely on the owner's hands and instantly she knew that the eldest was actually begging for her to stop already.

 

All their hearts broke when they saw Jungah crying tears mixed with blood.

 

Eyoung just got off the half-dead man on the floor and stared dazed at the window which shone in the little light.

 

Officer Dambi came in a step or two too late, where she found the four girls sitting with lifeless looks in their eyes, and an unconscious man beaten till the brink where his parents might not have recognised him.

 

To the surprise and joy of most of the prisoners, she have had Officer Jo stripped off of his badge, making the women prisoners rejoicing.

 

But still, I guess that not all prisoners could share the joy right at that moment. 

 

 

~

 

 

Nana was relieved that her two cellmates were safe, but yet at the same time, she couldn't place her worries down when one of the two was still detained.

 

Officer Jo was a villainous and terrible man, but still he was a police officer, and Eyoung have to be punished for assualting an officer like that.

 

Nana kept shaking her head, as she looked over to Kaeun who wouldn't stop worrying and asking the officers outside about Eyoung's condition.

 

The girl have not rested ever since she was brought back into the cell and that make Nana's fist clenched in pure frustration building up in her again.

 

Soon Nana's patience ran out as she went over to the maknae.

 

She held her by shoulder and pushed the young girl roughly against the wall.

 

 

"Kaeun, I hate to be as blunt as this but it is about time you rest." Nana firmly said.

 

"B-But Unnie, Eyoung Unni-"

 

 

And Nana just blew up angrily.

 

 

"Damnit, Kaeun! Can't you see Eyoung did all of this because she wanted to protect you!?"

 

 

Kaeun was at a loss of words, while Nana suddenly couldn't stop herself from spilling everything on her mind. The older girl must have bottled up so much feelings inside her to burst like that.

 

 

"Ever since we shared this shared this cell together, I can already notice Eyoung treating you differently. I can see that she wouldn't open up herself that much to us or even Lizzy, compared to you!! And do you know why?"

 

 

Kaeun shook her head slowly, her body still adjusting to the shock she received.

 

 

"She likes you, you silly girl!!"

 

 

 

~

~~~~~

~

 

 

 

Eyoung didn't know who her birth parents were because she was brought up with a group of children under a gang of black society members.

 

They were trained to run errands, fight and eventually kill for the gang.

 

Only the strongest among the children would survive and be valued by the gang. Even though many of Eyoung's peers have fallen around her, Eyoung stayed strong.

 

The trick taught by her mentor was to know how to be emotionless, so that she could steel her nerves pretty well.

 

And Eyoung grew up to be one of the more outstanding children that could handle being raised up under harsh conditions.

 

Children like her were scary, because in all their lives they would know nothing but to execute the orders from her leaders, not hesistating to kill if they were given the order.

 

Children like her were ruthless.

 

 

~

 

 

Eyoung remembered her first kill very clearly. It was suppose to be something that leave her very shaken, like how the rest of the children were left with before they were killed because they failed in killing their respective targets.

 

Most of the others who actually managed their kill, weren't even able to snap out of their trance for weeks. 

 

Her first target given to her instead left Eyoung very surprised.

 

She was apparently instructed to kill her own mentor.

 

No wonder the other children hesistated to kill.

 

It was supposed to be a test to see whether she could still follow orders well despite the emotions that may hinder her from performing well.

 

Well, she knew so well that hesistation would only end her life just like that.

 

Eyoung could still remember her Mentor's words at the back of her mind, "Kill, or be killed."

 

Eyoung heeded that in as she ran up to her target with the knife given to her. She didn't even ask for forgiveness from her mentor when she struck her weapon at him, this was all because they forced her to a corner, and everything she did was just so that she could survive.

 

She came back with swollen bruises on her face, completely torn lips, a broken leg and three broken ribs, but she also brought back the body of her mentor. 

 

 

~

 

If you were to ask Eyoung whether she remembered anyone outstanding in the gang, she would say she respected the boss' right hand woman, who was really powerful elder in the gang, despite the woman handling with only the less physical activites involving the black market instead of the physical activities of dealing with other gangs. 

 

Children like Eyoung were usually the ones who would be sent to deal with the other gangs because the rival gangs were all too weak to be looked at as a large matter by the bosses in their gang.

 

As to why she find this gang elder outstanding was because, despite the elder being , well, female, Eyoung remembered that she made one of Eyoung's seniors stopped talking for an enitre week, just because he mocked her of being weak, of being a female.

 

Eyoung concluded that the woman most probably just hit him in the nuts.

 

Eyoung might or might not have snickered at the man, but she knew that it serves him right.

 

~

 

 

Eyoung was 16 when strange people in uniform had her and all her other peers captured and brought over to unfamilar places. She remembered that some of the other children resisted and even managed to injure some of the uniformed people to escape their clutches but because there were too many of them, all of the children were eventually subdued.

 

Eyoung never moved an inch or fight back when they had her pinned because somehow she just knew that her life wasn't endangered for once in the hands of these strange people, but instead her life would start changing in a good way.

 

Later she learned that they were called police officers, and they caught her and the rest because they all belonged to a black society gang that have dealed with major illegal activites and have many offenses against them.

 

When the children were interrogated and asked to give their statements, Eyoung was the only one who gave a different answer.

 

While the other children admit to the killings that they have done, Eyoung only said one thing.

 

 

"I don't understand, all I did was try to survive."

 

 

That sentence had her counselled for weeks before they placed her in court.

 

 

The court rules,

 

Noh Yiyoung, 4 years in the Juvenille Home, and 8 years in the Women's Prison, totalling 12 years of imprisonment.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Eyoung led her life in the Juvenille home peacefully, because none of the kids would dare approach to her, after knowing how she have killed many people before without blinking.

 

But there would always one or two of the braver kids who likes to befriend her.

 

There was Yoo Ara, who would try to talk to her every single day even though the poor girl always gets ignored by Eyoung.

 

And there was...

 

 

"Annyeong! Park Sooyoung-imnida! This girl here is Im Jinah! Nice to meet you."

 

 

Eyoung felt all weird with the two girls acting all chummy in front of her.

 

For the first time, it made her felt that there was something to life.

 

And for the first time she knew these people as 'friends'.

 

 

~

 

When she was brought to the Women's Prison after that, Eyoung could find the prisoners here totally different from those she previously saw in the Juvenille Home.

 

Most of them could be or were already as dangerous as her and Eyoung had to keep her guard up all the time.

 

There was once her cellmate almost tried to kill her in her sleep but Eyoung had the tables turned and almost killed her cellmate instead. She had to be stopped and brought towards the head office's office after that.

 

The head officer (who called herself Officer Yoo), suggested for Eyoung to meet one of the prisoners she trusts so that Eyoung could be kept in check.

 

Little did Eyoung know she would meet some familiar faces.

 

 

"Eyoung aaah~! I missed you!" Lizzy went over to hug the girl tight.

 

 

Eyoung smiled a little as she returned the hug. And behind Lizzy, Eyoung saw Nana giving her a thumbs up.

 

But once she saw one of the more unexpected faces in the Prison, wouldn't close. 

 

 

 

 

"Kahi-nim." Eyoung immediately bowed as she got onto her knees and kept her head down.

 

 

Kahi was shocked, but instantly seeing how the girl reacted to seeing her, Kahi knew that the child before her must have been a child raised up by the gang she was originally from.

 

She pulled the child up as she held the sides of her face to take a good look at Eyoung.

 

 

No wonder Soyoung wanted me to take a look at her...

 

 

Kahi carressed the young girl's face dearly with her thumbs as she spoke with overflowing elegance.

 

 

"I am not associated with them anymore, our gang have already collapsed child. You shall not call me as such, but instead 'Unnie'."

 

"Then on whose orders should I listen to from now on, Unnie?" Eyoung questioned, unsure and confused at what the former gang elder was talking.

 

 "Listen to your heart's, child. To whatever it tells you to do. You do not lead your life the way you used to and shall never let anyone force you to do so ever again, you understand?" 

 

 

Eyoung nodded, despite not comprehending what it actually meant.

 

It would probably take her another few more years for her to understand what her Unnie meant.

 

To be exact, it took her two years to finally understand.

 

 

~

~~~~~

~

 

 

 

Bekah isn't a heartless person.

 

If someone were to plead her to meet their loved ones, she would obviously allow them to.

 

She just hoped that she was doing the right thing to let Kaeun meet Eyoung.

 

The two were still seperated by a glass pane, like how Eyoung was the convict and Kaeun was a vistor visting her, but it was better than nothing.

 

Bekah have her fingers crossed.

 

 

Please only let good things happen between them.

 

 

~

 

 

"Unnie."

 

"Why are you here Kaeun? P-please leave Kaeun-ah."

 

 

In Eyoung's tone, Kaeun could tell that the girl was actually begging her.

 

 

"I wanted to see you, Unnie. please don't turn me away."

 

"You s-shouldn't, Kaeun-ah."

 

 

Kaeun was getting fairly agitated, and she suddenly started to sound more and more emotional as she talked.

 

 

"Why?! Why can't I, Unnie?! It isn't your fault, even Jungah Unnie said so-"

 

"Can't you see Kaeun!?" 

 

 

Eyoung raised her voice back at the younger girl.

 

 

"Can't you see I am just a monster?!"

 

 

Kaeun shook her head unbelievingly

 

 

 

And yet I know you are not.

 

 

 

"No, Unnie you are not. You are not a monster."

 

"You don't understand, Kaeu-"

 

"I do!! I ing do!!"

 

 

And yet, Kaeun have never burst at Eyoung before also.

 

Not even once have she raised her voice at her Unnie, but now she was almost raising her voice to her highest octave.

 

 

"So stop saying you are a monster, okay?"

 

 

Eyoung didn't know what have came over the younger girl, but Kaeun seemed totally different that day.

 

 

"What then..." Eyoung said, as her word trailed off.

 

"What??"

 

"...what do you see in me then, Kaeun?"

 

 

Kaeun so wanted to say that Eyoung was every single good thing in the world at that moment, but she can't.

 

So, what does she see in Eyoung, huh?

 

 

"I see that... Unnie is anything but bad."

 

 

Eyoung wouldn't understand why her heart started beating really fast at Kaeun's sudden change of tone.

 

 

"Whenever I look at Unnie, I feel safe, I can see that there is someone protecting me."

 

 

Eyoung's breath was hitched and she couldn't breathe, but yet she still remained silent.

 

 

"Everytime I look Eyoung Unnie, I think I see..."

 

 

Kaeun paused halfway, but she still finished her sentence with much difficulty.

 

 

 

"...a person I love."

 

 

 

And before Eyoung could respond to Kaeun, the younger girl ran out shyly.

 

Eyoung place a hand over her heart.

 

It was bursting with delight.

 

Eyoung's heart was telling her that she was over the moon.

 

 

 

Somewhere at the back of the room you can hear Bekah roaring in celebration.

 

 

~

 

 

 

Jungah groaned.

 

Sometimes she wonder why she should constantly worry so much for her other sisters. Now that the medics have patched up her eye, it was totally obvious that she have injured herself. 

 

Well, lucky for Jungah it was not as obvious as Uee's sling cast though, the poor girl cannot go anywhere without prisoners staring at her injured arm.

 

Actually Jungah wouldn't mind hurting herself for the kids, but that is, if there isn't someone who would nag about it.

 

 

 

"Yah, Kim Jungah! What happen to your eye?!"

 

"Unnie I-"

 

"Didn't I tell you not to get hurt?! You know what, I am going to readmit myself inside there so that I can take care of whoever did this to you!"

 

"Unnie don't!! Don't... don't do anything stupid please." Jungah mentally want to slap herself now.

 

 

And yet Jungah knew that if she gets injured, her girlfriend would exaggerate and flip out.

 

 

"Unnie, before you continue shouting any further, I will just tell you what happen okay?"

 

 

Jungah guessed she have no choice but to tell Kahi what happened then.

 

 

~

 

 

"That bast*rd!! Where is he?! I want to kill him!"

 

 

"Unnie, stop making me embarrassed, there are people staring you know!" Jungah said as she covered her face from the stares from the other vistors, prisoners and officers alike.

 

 

"Besides, Officer Jo have been removed off from the office already." Jungah said as she sighed.

 

"Serve that bast*rd right! No one treats my Jungah like this!" Kahi said as she clenched her fists tight. "Who is the new head now?"

 

"Naturally the person who sent the appeal would be the most suitable candidate, so its..." Before Jungah could finish, the said person came out.

 

"Dambi-ah! Nice seeing you here!" Kahi shouted and waved.

 

"Oh? Hi Unnie! Nice seeing you here also." Officer Dambi didn't bother looking up, as she had one file on each hand, and was flipping through their pages.

 

"Yah, Kahi Unnie!" Jungah chided at her girlfriend. "Dambi is the one promoted as head, so she's very busy. Stop bothering her already!"

 

"I just want to say hi only!" Kahi retorted. "Congrats on your promotion, Dambi-ah!"

 

"Thanks. Uh, I-I've got to go, Unnie." Dambi immediately in, as she tried to escape away from Jungah's death glare.

 

"Alright, Dambi-ah! See you next time!" Kahi said as she waved at the Officer scurrying away.

 

 

When Kahi's attention went back to Jungah, she could see the girl was pouting pretty badly.

 

 

"Oh, Come on, don't tell me you are already jealous Kim Jungah!"

 

 

 

 

---==///???????///==---

 

AN: okay before anything else, here are some inspirations i got to write this chap :D

 

1) The drunk scene with Eyoung and Kaeun was after i remembered watching 'cinderella's stepsister' and the main male lead was drunk talking but at the same time calling out to the main female lead and i just aslkafhsjl out 

 

hehehe

 

2) As for the part where Jungah and Uee gets injured, it was because i was inspired by that one incident where Uee had to perform with a sling cast on cos she injured her arm while Jungah also had a patched up eye while performing for whatever reason in one of the events After School attended. I wanted to find and show you guys  the pics but they are too big to put here so if you are curious, just google 'Uee's sling arm' or 'Jungah's eye' you would immediately find it. Anyways those poor bbys T-T

 

3) The last inspiration was for the scene where the prison forced the female prisoners strip their clothes off after suspected of stealing, that was inspired from one of the korean movies i mentioned before as my inspirations to write this fic, 'Harmony' where a similar scene happened to the main characters in the movie. It potrayed that prisoners were actually just like normal humans, so they should not be treated in an inhuman manner.

 

Hehe i actually finished writing this like 3-4 days after the previous chap and i (o_o) cos i am scared dat I am not actually putting much effort into this one or make people feel that it is being rushed out too fast. So i actually took quite some time to think whether I shld post it out early lol

 

I also didn't bare to post this out, cos like i said this chap shld make the of our anti climati story, so after a story's , naturally a story like might end soon ;A: OMGGG

dun be too alarmed if the story suddenly starts fast forwarding guys :(