Morning arrives!

I am Lee Kaeun (PG-13 mature content)

 

AN: Okay. i noe i come up with the weirdest titles,chapter names (and update incredibly late) blah blah blah etc. idk y i just came up with these names in the first place. lol i don't even know why i named this fanfic 'I am lee kaeun'. the title does not really link to the story. Hahahaha im sry.

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

 

Year 1. Summer.

 

 

 

*RIIIIIIIINNNNNGG*

 

 

Shrills from the alarm pierced into Kaeun's eardrums as she was startled awake. Again.

 

Eyoung who was already awake, gave her a look of amusement.

 

 

"You really have to get used to that."

 

 

Kaeun could only give a dreadful smile as she nodded her head.

 

 

"Ne. Good morning, Unnie."

 

 

Kaeun rubbed her tired eyes  as she peeked across into the room next to the one she was in, which was seperated by walls and a doorless door. Kaeun could see that Jooyeon was doing stretches and Uee was already packing her sleeping mat. Eyoung already had her sleeping mat kept to a side and was reading a book that originally comes from the desk shelf. 

 

 

Were they awake before the alarm rang?

 

 

An unfamiliar voice came from the outside and snapped Kaeun out her thoughts.

 

 

"Hey kids~! Its time to wake up!"

 

 

Kaeun swung her head to see a blonde-haired lady dressed in the officer uniform standing right outside their door. She was smiling bright, looking bubbly. Her face was indefintiely plastered with a smile which was directed at Kaeun.

 

 

"Yah. We are older than you, you know." Uee said in a half serious half joking manner as she and Jooyeon stepped into Kaeun's room to get a closer look at the person standing right outside the cell.

 

 

"But they are not!" The lady said as she pointed into Kaeun and Eyoung's direction before she threw her tongue out at Uee. Uee threw out her own tongue back at her.

 

 

She then look at Kaeun as she gave an even brighter smile. And she introduced herself.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Bekah. Heard you just came in. Just wanted to give you a wake up call in case you overslept and at the same time see who is the unlucky girl to be in the same room as these people."

 

 

Thanks, but the alarm was enough though.

 

 

"Officer Kim!"

 

 

Another voice from the outside called out. Bekah turned her head to the right to look at the source of the voice. Seeing who it was, she quickly rotated her body towards where her head was facing as she stomped once with her leg, and place her hand near her forehead as she saluted. Her smile was not wiped off her face as the figure approached her.

 

The person was none other than the officer Danbi.

 

 

"What are you doing outside Cell 11? Quickly get back to your post before the prisoners make their way out!" Dambi chased Bekah away.

 

 

Bekah then waved goodbye at Kaeun and the rest before she was pushed out of their sight. Kaeun could only awkwardly raise her hand in a motion to say goodbye.

 

They could all hear her  "Bye" across the corridor.

 

Jooyeon gave a small laugh in amusement.

 

 

"Hah. Cheeky girl."

 

 

Dambi then turned to the people in cell who were staring at her.

 

 

"There is nothing to look at. Get ready as we will bring you out for your first meal of the day. Don't try to do anything stupid this time." Dambi said sternly to the 4 of them inside before she left.

 

Kaeun could hear Jooyeon whisper "Hypocrite" under her breath as she smirked and folded her arms.

 

 

~

 

 

Okay. 

 

She swore she stuck really closely with her Unnies. She didn't really know how she ended up nowhere again in the midst of a large crowd.

 
However, Kaeun wasn't really lost this time. Surprisingly, Eyoung was with her. Even so, they were seperated from the rest.
 
 
But yet again, Eyoung knew where to meet later so she suggested they did queue for their food first before the line gets longer. Kaeun agreed as they started to walk through the crowd.
 

 

"Hey~"
 
 
 
Then came that familiar yet unwanted voice, making them stop at their tracks.
 
 
Minhee was with two of her personal lackeys.
 
 
 
 
"Eyoungie, what happened yesterday? I didn't see you guys during shower. Did something happen?" Minhee feigned ignorance. "I was worried for you!"
 
 
 
 
Eyoung didn't reply but nor did she ignore. She stared fiery-eyed at the crazy woman before her, trying to hold herself back from punching her right in her face. Not only because the officers were nearby, but especially because Officer Dambi was eyeing on them at that moment.
 
 
 
 
"You know I haven't been able to sleep yesterday, because I felt so bad. I shouldn't have screamed at you and everything. So I just wanted to say a little something to make it up..." Minhee lied sarcastically as she gave those puppy eyes that could fool no one.
 
 
 
"I'm so sorry!"
 
 
 
Without warning, she grabbed Eyoung as she s her arms around Eyoung's waist before she gave a tight hug to her. 

 

In the eyes of anyone seeing it from a distance, it did look like a genuine hug. But if they were actually standing any closer, they would see that Minhee was hugging her a little too tightly on purpose. 

 

Minhee was roughly pressing against Eyoung's back and it was burning her. Eyoung could only grunt in surprise and pain as her eyes widened a little.

 

The action was cheap and horrible but it rendered Eyoung in a state of agony and helplessness. And that was exactly what Minhee wanted. Eyoung fingers clung onto Minhee's arms as though to pull them away, but her clasp was weak.

 

It hurts, and Eyoung's face shows it. But Kaeun couldn't let Minhee 'win' by torturing Eyoung. 
 
 
Minhee gave that wicked grin to Kaeun, as though taunting her. As though to make her heart explode.

 

Kaeun got angry.
 

 

No WAY I am going to stay away from her!

 
 

 

She grabbed Minhee's shoulder firmly and pushed her away from Eyoung with her grip on her shoulder. Her grip was strong and felt very bone-crushing. If only they knew that a grip like this around the neck would be quite deadly. Minhee winced a little in pain but she tried to bore the stinging sensation on her shoulder.
 
 
 
"Step. Away. From. Her." Kaeun growled.
 
 
 
Minhee gave her very own death glare and gritted her teeth. That came through as a message to start a fight and Minhee was not one to back down from a fight. She readied her hand to give Kaeun a slap but someone else butted in on time.
 
 
 
"Stop it, Minhee!"
 
 
 
Kaeun turned to see who it was. Seeing who it was, Kaeun's burning anger immediately doused off.
 

 

Jungah Unnie.
 

 

"Minhee! Stop fooling around!" Jungah was firm with her words, fierce in her looks. A sight Kaeun never really witness before.
 
 
 
The situation between them got more tensed and Minhee didn't look pleased at all. She was probably less composed right at that moment compared to when someone interrupted their fight the day before. That was most probably why she wasn't really smiling at Jungah. She stayed silent for a while as she grinded her teeth.

 

Then, she broke the tension.

 

 

"Fine." 

 
 
 
To Kaeun's surprise, Minhee compromised. She brushed off Kaeun's softened grip on her shoulder as she turned to walk away with her lackeys unhappy and unsatisfied.
 
 

 

Wow.
 

 

Kaeun was amazed. 

 

 
Did Jungah Unnie just do that? Daebak.
 
 
 
It made Kaeun rethink just who Jungah was of a person so much so that even Minhee listened to her. 
 
 
 
But yet again, Kaeun understood that Jungah was a very respected lady. Minhee must have respected her to a certain extend too.

 

 

 
~

 

 
 
"U-Unnie." Eyoung called in a small voice.
 
 
 
Kaeun was carassing her back as she tried to sooth the pain.
 
 
 
"You okay, Eyoung-ah?" Jungah hands were holding a tray of food so her doctor hands couldn't give Eyoung a check.
 

 

Eyoung nodded slowly.
 
 
Jungah did not find the need to ask what happened this time. She could already guess everything that happened.
 

 

 
She really got caned, huh...
 

 

 
Then, she walked up to Eyoung as she handed her tray to Eyoung.
 

 

 
"Here, take the food and go eat first with the others. I will get another tray."
 

 

 
Eyoung took the tray as she muttered a thank you to the Unnie before her as she walked away. 
 
 

 

 
"Let's go, Kaeun." Junagh beckoned.
 
 

 

 And Kaeun just followed absent-mindedly, face still showing little signs of astonishment.
 
 
 
Oh no, am I going to be reprimanded by Unnie?
 

 

 
~
 

 

"So Kaeun, I..."
 
 

 Jungah started off. 

 
 
"I'm sorry, Unnie."
 
 
 
But Kaeun interjected before she could finish.
 
 
Jungah was a little surprised by the sudden apology. But she kept her composure.
 
 
 
"Wae, Kaeun-ah?"
 

 

She wasn't going to scold me?

 

 
"I didn't follow what you said. About not getting in trouble with Minhee. If you didn't come in on time I really didn't know what will happen to us. I am sorry Unnie."
 
 
"Oh, that's it? Its okay, Kaeun."
 
 

 

Jungah patted on Kaeun's head as she smiled to her.
 
 

 

"And who said you didn't follow what I said? I told you to take care of Eyoung, and you did it." Jungah looked at her in the eye as she talked."Nothing else really matters, Kaeun. I actually just wanted to say you did a good thing today. Good job, Kaeun-ah." 
 
 
 
I did?

 

 
~

 

 
Ah.
 
 
So it looks like Kaeun did something right this time.
 
 
 
So she was relieved.
 
 
And she also realised something.
 
 
After what happened just now, Kaeun didn't know that she had the ability to actually care so much for a stranger.
 
 
That she actually cared so much for a stranger.
 
 
That she cared so much for Eyoung.
 
 
But yet again she thought...
 
 
No. She was wrong.
 
 
Eyoung wasn't really seem too much of a stranger. Not anymore.
 
 
Kaeun just didn't feel so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~////
 
 
 
AN: OKAY I NOE THIS IS LATE AND STUFFF IM SORRY GOT HOLD UP WITH SO MANY ACTIVITES I ACTUALLY TOOK VERY LONG AND MADE U GUYS WAIT. LOL  ONCE AGAIN SORRYY. OKAY I STILL DON"T KNOW HOW TO UN-AWKWARD MY STORY LOL