Grapevines

Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy's Little Girl

 

Chapter 6 – Grapevines

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

Youngbae entered Teddy’s studio and found Bom all alone on the couch.

 

“Noona, where’s Teddy-hyung?” he asked.

 

Bom turned to look at him. “He’s with sajangnim.”

 

Youngbae sat on the swivel chair across her. “What are we recording?”

 

“I’m not sure,” Bom shrugged. “By the way, I heard from the grapevine you broke up with somebody. Is that true?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“Is that grapevine named Seungri?” Youngbae moved to face her.

 

“Actually she’s named Minzy.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“She heard from someone who knows Seungri, though.”

 

“I knew it!”

 

“So it’s true?” Bom prodded.

 

It was Youngbae’s turn to shrug. “Months ago.”

 

“Do I know her?” she said, sitting up then leaning forward.

 

Youngbae shook his head.

 

“Him?” Bom feigned shock while placing a hand over her heart.

 

Youngbae looked at her, dumbfounded. “I’m not gay, noona.”

 

“Batting for the other team, I see.” Bom gently shook her head. “What a loss.”

 

Youngbae furrowed his brows. He slowly brought his face closer to Bom, braced his arms around her and rested his hands on the sofa.  Looking her straight in the eyes, he said “Repeat after me. Youngbae is not gay.”

 

Bom blinked at him, trying her best to keep a straight face. “That’s what they always say,” she whispered before letting out a wicked grin. “I was just kidding,” Bom snickered. “Lighten up will you. Is that why you got few ballads in the new album?”

 

Youngbae let out a smile and leaned back on his chair. “Partly. I just can’t sing like I used to. I don’t... I’m trying.”

 

Bom nodded in understanding. “That’s ‘cos you’re still hung up on her. It’s messing with your mojo.”

 

“What are you now, a shrink?”

 

“I’m just trying to help. We are doing a song, you know? And I did notice. You’re sometimes out of it... just singing the words.”

 

“A shrink and a voice coach. Wow, you’re quite the deal,”

 

“Whatever. When you’re ready to talk, I’m here.” Bom waved him off.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s still a touchy subject for me.” Youngbae explained.

 

“Bad break up?”

 

“Quite.”

 

“Shocking?”

 

“No.”

 

“I give up. This isn’t working for me. I don’t do well on single word convos. Obviously you…”

 

“Hey guys, sorry I took long.” Teddy interrupted.

 

“It’s okay, oppa,” Bom said standing up. “Can we record that break up song  again? That one we did a while back?”

 

“Which one? That song you were supposed to release before Missing You?” Teddy asked.

 

“Yep, that one. Sajangnim said something’s missing. Guess I just found out who,” Bom said pointing at Youngbae.

 

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

 

“…So there. That’s the initial concept for the CF. What do you think?” the FUBU representative said as he finished the presentation.

 

CL flipped through her copy of the storyboard and replied, “I’m okay with it except for the kiss. I don’t think it’s necessary.”

 

Top looked at her. “Uh …me too.”

 

“But CL-ssi, Top-ssi, it’s a perfect representation of our impending partnership with Adidas. We are merely putting the foundation of the future collaboration,” the representative said.

 

“Isn’t there a more abstract way of marketing your partnership?” CL asked. “Didn’t the songs express this concept enough?”

 

“The songs are wonderful, thank you. We couldn’t have made a better one without your creativity. But we are rebranding not only FUBU but Adidas as well. We want to give Adidas the exclusivity that surrounds the For Us, By Us logo and at the same time, we’d like to gain the distinct ability of Originals to reinvent itself time and again. The art of two becoming one,” the representative explained. "There is a target market, CL-ssi, and the success of this campaign is highly dependent on how effective we communicate that concept to the consumer.”

 

YG cleared his throat. “Will they film on their own or there are others for the campaign?”

 

“There are a few more on our roster for the spring/summer release but CL and Top, as mentioned in their contracts, will be the main faces of this campaign.”

 

“I see. I have no problems with it right now,” YG added. “It’s up to Chaerin and Top to decide how to do this.”

 

Top contemplated for a moment. He didn’t want to do the kiss scene because CL said it wasn’t necessary. He respects her ideas more since they’ve finished the songs together. Instinctively, he supported her refusal to carry out the particular scene.

 

But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want it.

 

“I can do it,” Top said leaving CL to decide the fate of the campaign.

 

“Fine,” CL said. She doesn’t like being pressured to do something. But she also doesn’t want to delay the project.

 

“Great! We’ll start preparations for your CF and I will see you both next week,” the representative said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, which one should I wear?” Minzy asked holding up 2 dresses for Dara to choose from.

 

“Uhm, I don’t think those will work out for you. Try that see-through top.” Dara said pointing to another rack. “Can we get that in her size, please?” she asked one of the shop assistants.

 

Dara went through another set of clothes trying to look for something she can wear at the upcoming GDA.

 

“How’s Nabi, by the way?” Minzy asked from the fitting room. “I saw them leaving late last night. Jiyong-oppa seems to be doing okay.”

 

“That looks good on you,” Dara complimented. “I think they’re doing fine. He’s been bringing her to work a lot lately.”

 

*Ring Ring*

 

“Yoboseyo?” Dara picked up. “Jiyong? Neh. I’m with Minzy at Pierre’s.”

 

Minzy pointed at her and mouthed ‘Nabi?’. Dara gave her a nod.

 

“Neh. See you,” Dara said. Turning to Minzy, “They’re just over at Laurent’s. Xin told him we’re here.”

 

“Is Nabi with him?” Minzy asked excitedly. She hasn’t gotten the chance to play with her yet and this is the perfect time since she’s done fitting.

 

“Yes. They’re dropping by,” Dara answered. “Let me try these on first,” she said hauling a few dresses to try on.

 

Minzy was busy fiddling with her phone when Jiyong arrived with a bouncing Nabi.

 

“Oppa!” Minzy exclaimed. “Hey, baby girl,” she fussed at the toddler.

 

“Where’s Dara?” Jiyong asked.

 

 “Trying on her 3rd dress,” Minzy replied. “Seems like someone’s in a good mood. You’re so cute! Did you pick this dress?”

 

Jiyong could only smile seeing how happy 2NE1’s maknae is with his little girl. They were both so hyper they started skipping around the room hand in hand.

 

“And jump!” Minzy directed as she lifted Nabi over Jiyong’s outstretched legs.

 

“Mingkki-yah…” Dara called out. “Grab me a belt will you?”

 

Jiyong stood from his seat and left Nabi with Minzy. Picking 2 belts of his liking, he went in front of Dara’s fitting room and reached both hands over the door.

 

“Minzy’s with Nabi. I got you the belts,” Jiyong said quietly.

 

“Ommo! Jiyong-ah,” Dara was surprised. She took the belts from his hands before opening the door.

 

She stood in front of him in a black, glittery dress, barefoot.

 

“Thanks for these,” Dara said as she put on one of the belts. “Is Minggki playing with her?”

 

Jiyong nodded. “I don’t think any of the belts will match the dress. Is this the same one as…”

 

“As the Gayo Daejun?” Dara finished for him. “Yeah. I didn’t find anything I liked so I’m just gonna mix it up a bit.”

 

“Hm,” Jiyong thought for a second. He looked around the shop but didn’t find anything suitable. Seeing no other option, he started unbuckling his belt.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Dara stuttered.

 

“Ommo! Close your eyes Nabi-yah,” Minzy gasped gently covering the little girl’s eyes with her hands. Nabi giggled in delight at the thought of playing another game.

 

Jiyong gave a hearty laugh. His arms then gently slid around Dara’s tiny waist. Seeing her blush, he lightly tugs on the belt nudging her forward closer to him. Her wide eyes blinked nervously as he finished fastening his belt around her.

 

“Let me see,” he said stepping back to admire his work. “Well that should do it… Umph.” Jiyong felt a bump to his side as Nabi clung to his leg.

 

Dara took one last look in the mirror. “Thanks, Ji,” she said shyly.

 

“No problem,” he replied. Nabi was looking up at her with sparkling ayes and started clapping in delight.

 

Dara’s smile grew wider. “Do you like it, Nabi?”

 

Jiyong noticed how Dara’s face brightened at the sight of his daughter. Nabi let go of him and raised her hands to Dara, asking to be picked up.

 

Minzy swooped in and took her instead. “Dara-unnie needs to change first.”

 

As soon as Minzy wrapped her arms around Nabi, she started pushing the maknae away. Throwing her body to the side, she tried to grab onto Dara. Jiyong caught her arms but was surprised when he was pushed aside. She continued to reach for Dara who eventually took her from Minzy.

 

“I got you,” Dara said as Nabi embraced her tightly.

 

“Auntie Dara needs to change, baby,” Jiyong said touching Nabi’s back.

 

The little girl moved closer to Dara and fisted a handful of her hair in response.

 

“I’ll change with her, you can wait outside,” Dara sighed. “We’re going back to YG after this, you?”

 

“Same. We can go together,” he offered.

 

“Okay,” Dara said as she went inside the fitting room with Nabi in her arms.

 

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

 

 *Click Click*

 

“Are you sure they’re here?” a man asked as he took more photos of Minzy stepping out of a shop and getting in a van.

 

“Yes. I’ve been following them since this morning,” another man answered. “Like you told me to.”

 

Just then, Jiyong came out of the store followed by Dara who was carrying Nabi. She headed towards a white car and got in. Jiyong took the driver’s side. The van started moving and the car followed suit.

 

*Click Click*

 

“Perfect. Just the shot I need,” the photographer said with a smirk. “G-Dragon…*tscht*,” he spit out.


 

 

 

 

 

_________

 

 

A/N: i knew writing a fic would be hard. but i didn't think it'd be this hard. i hope you enjoyed the chapter. thanks to those who subscribed, commented, and upvoted! you made me happy. and to those who are lurking as well. tell me what you think!