Official Statement

Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy’s Little Girl

 

Chapter 2 – Official Statement

 

_________

 

 

Dara refused to call it an official statement.

 

“It’s not an official statement, Jiyong,” she said defensively. “You make it sound like you owe them something.” Dara handed him back the first draft.

 

“I know that.”

 

“How come you’re apologizing?”

 

Jiyong sighed. He doesn’t know what to do anymore. They were in his studio for the last 2 hours trying to complete the draft but they haven’t finished anything.

 

He told Dara about his 2-year old daughter Nabi and how she’s been living with him for the last 2 years. Kiko Mizuhara couldn’t give up her career for the baby so she decided to give Jiyong sole custody of her. He understood what Kiko wanted and they remained friends for the kid. It took him almost a year to do the paperwork but Nabi finally moved to Korea in 2011. He personally went to Japan to pick her up. That’s when the scandal broke out. In a way he was thankful for the diversion. If not for that everybody would’ve found out about Nabi and that would’ve been his downfall.

 

Dara thought it was one twisted relationship. How can you still be friends with the mother of your child when she clearly doesn’t want the kid? And who does that? Kids aren’t toys you can bring back to the store for a refund if you don’t like it. They don’t come with a receipt.

 

“You’re getting on my nerves you know?”

 

“I know. It’s working, isn’t it?” Dara answered lying down on the couch trying to catch some sleep. She wanted to help him but it seems like he doesn’t want to help himself.

 

“What do you really want to write, Jiyong?”

 

“Can we just… take a break.”

 

“You can’t. You don’t have that luxury today. You have to finish this or sajangnim will bite your head off.”

 

“I didn’t know this would be more difficult than writing a song.”

 

“You need inspiration?” Dara asked peeking with her right eye.

 

“I thought you were supposed to help me write this?”

 

“You know I can’t write it for you. I may be acting as your publicist but I’m also your friend, Ji. Where’s Kiko anyway?”

 

Jiyong gave up. This is worse than his last scandal. Last time there were lawyers involved and they handled everything for him. This time he’s on his own.

 

“She’s filming a new movie.”

 

“You haven’t called her yet?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not? Isn’t she supposed to be on speed dial #1”

 

“We’re not together anymore, Dara. She gave up all her rights to Nabi a long time ago, so clearly I can’t bother her about this.”

 

That struck something in 2NE1’s fresh vocal. Dara quickly sat up from the couch and kicked Jiyong’s chair to get him to face her.

 

“Bother her? You can’t bother her about this?”

 

“Let’s not talk about her,” Jiyong said dismissively.

 

“Jiyong, she’s Nabi’s mother. That doesn’t end with a piece of paper saying she’s not anymore. God you’re annoying!”

 

“I know Dara, but what can I do? She doesn’t want the kid. I want the kid. I’ve always wanted her. I’m the only one who wants her. If Kiko doesn’t want her then I-Don’t-Care.” Jiyong snapped at her angrily.

 

“I’m sorry,” Dara said. She knew she stepped out of line.

 

“Look, can we just finish this?” Jiyong said grabbing the pen and paper.

 

“Fine. But still, you’re friends with her after all this?”

 

“I’m collecting favors.”

 

Dara furrowed her brows in confusion. “What?”

 

“I know Nabi will ask about her mom when she grows up. The least I can do is maintain a good relationship with her so my kid doesn’t feel abandoned.”

 

“But Kiko did abandon her. You can’t change that.”

 

“Just… I’ll deal with it when the time comes.”

 

“You’re one complicated guy. You feel thankful, don’t you?”

 

Jiyong smiled. “Well, yeah. I got Nabi out of this mess, didn’t I? The best mistake I ever did.”

 

Dara knew right then that Jiyong genuinely loved his daughter.

 

“You’re a good person, you know that? Better than me.”

 

“Can we stop right now, please? You’re gonna drain my swag if we end up all chummy after this.”

 

“You punk!” Dara exclaimed as she kicked his chair one more time.

 

Jiyong laughed for the first time that day.

 

“Fine,” Dara pouted as she grabbed the pen and paper. She pretended to think for a second, scribbled something on the white sheet, and handed it back to Jiyong. “It’s the only thing I’ll write for you. You’ll have to finish the rest of it. I’ll just grab something to eat.” She stood up and left the studio leaving Jiyong to his thoughts.

 

He looked at the messy handwriting and smiled. It says “Dear Nabi”.

 

_________

 

 

YG-Life.com, 8:00 PM KST

 

The video below will only be available until midnight. We hope that everyone will be understanding of the situation and continue to support Kwon Jiyong during this difficult time.

 

Video Start

 

*Shuffling Noise*

 

Jiyong enters the frame in white shirt and jeans, barefaced and no accessories. He was trying to fix the angle of the camera and stepped back to as soon as he was satisfied. He took a sit and began touching his nape, as if unsure of where to start.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, yeorubun. This is Big Bang’s leader, G-Dragon. Oh, you’re curious what this is about? I’m sure this will come as a shock to a lot of people and maybe not to some. Anyway, that’s not important.

 

“First of all, I just want to say that I’m truly blessed with the love that everyone’s been giving me since I started my career. If not for the continued support of VIPs, I wouldn’t be here living my dream as G-Dragon. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. But in the last couple of years, I’ve been gifted with something more. Someone that I will treasure for the rest of my life as Kwon Jiyong.

 

“She has given me so much joy that I will give up everything for her, sacrifice everything for her because without her I don’t think my life’s worth living. I know that this message will be talked about a lot in the coming days, but please, respect the privacy of that one special person in my life.

 

“I, Kwon Jiyong, am a single dad to a beautiful 2-year old baby girl. As much as I want to keep her to myself and my family, I can’t. As an artist, I know that a lot of people will try to look for her after this. As a father, I am humbly asking you to let me protect her. She’s not a public figure, I am. So let me bear the burden of this situation. Please.”

 

Jiyong stood up from his seat and bowed deeply, expressing his sincerity. After a few seconds, he looked up and reached for a piece of paper. He sat down again and opened it.

 

“This is for my baby girl.. I hope Appa doesn’t embarrass you too much.” Jiyong chuckled.

 

“Nabi-yah,” he started.

 

“I love you. I’ve been trying to think of so many things I wanted to tell you, but I guess the most important thing I want you to know is that I love you. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come home last night to read you Alice in Wonderland. Don’t worry, Alice will find the White Rabbit soon!

 

“Nabi-yah. You love Appa too, right? I hope that you grow up without worries. You can do anything you want, and I will always be here to support you and be proud of you. I will protect you forever.

 

“Saranghae, Nabi-yah.”

 

Video End

 

_________

 

 

Dara decided to catch some much needed sleep in one of the practice room while she waited to be called back to sajangnim’s office.

 

“Hey, wake up.”

 

“Wha-what?” Dara stirred in her sleep.

 

“Tokki-yah, get up. Don’t sleep on the floor,” Bom said as she gently shook her sleeping friend.

 

Dara grumbled in reply as she scrunched her nose and continued sleeping.

 

“Aish! This bunny, really.” Bom started gathering Dara’s things and was interrupted by a short knock.

 

“Have you found her, noona?” Jiyong said as he entered the room.

 

Bom puckered her lips towards Dara who was sleeping like a starfish at the corner of the room.

 

“Sajangnim asked for her,” Jiyong began as he picked up a water bottle and handed it to Bom.

 

“He did? I’ve been trying for the last 30 minutes but she wouldn’t budge. She’s usually not this hard to wake up. She’s probably really tired. I haven’t seen her all day.”

 

Jiyong scratched his head in guilt. “She’s been here working.”

 

“I figured. Manager picked us up after dinner saying we needed to be here,” Bom said.

 

*Beep*Beep*

 

Bom grabbed her phone and checked her message. Not long after, Jiyong’s video echoed in the empty room. For two minutes Bom’s attention was on the screen.

 

“Jiyong-ah,” she looked at the leader when it finished. She found him sitting beside Dara and playing with her hair.

 

“It was her idea, did you know that?” Jiyong said in reply.

 

Bom kept silent. She knew how complicated the situation is right now and frankly, if she was in Jiyong’s place she wouldn’t know what to do next.

 

“Will it be okay, noona? Did I do the right thing?” he asked, his eyes full of worry.

 

Bom sighed. “If Dara’s helping you, everything’s gonna be fine. Trust me.” She crouched down and patted his shoulders reassuringly. “YG family, remember?”

 

 

 

_________

 

A/N: if i've posted this that means i'm currently working on the next chapters. waah. this is like blogging with a story line, isn't it? tell me what you think, i'm jumping from one idea to another, i can't make up my mind.