Not So Typical Monday

Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy’s Little Girl

 

Chapter 1 – Not So Typical Monday

 

_________

 

 

It was supposed to be a typical Monday morning. The weekly management meeting was supposed to be at the 4th floor conference room at 9 am. But it's not a typical Monday. Whatever the agenda of the meeting was, it's important enough to drag the YG senior staff to Sajangnim's office at 4 am.

 

*Ding*

 

“Oh, Dara-yah!”

 

“Oppa, is it finished?” Dara asked as she stepped off the elevator and the senior staff went in.

 

“Neh. But sajangnim wants to talk to you,” Kim So Jung, Dara’s senior at the marketing dep replied somberly.

 

“Is it serious?”

 

“You have no idea,” the resident publicist answered.

 

Dara sighed nervously.

 

“It’s not you, though.”

 

She looked up, her face registering confusion.

 

“He’s waiting for you so better hurry up.”

 

Dara said her goodbyes and hurriedly entered the president’s office. Judging from the faces she just met, this meeting could only go worse.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Come in.”

 

“Good morning, sajangnim.”

 

“Take a seat, ” YG said. “The photo shoot good?”

 

“Neh, the girls went back to the dorm after Jjangmae-oppa dropped me off.”

 

“Jiyong’s in trouble, Dara.” YG continued without pretense.

 

When is he not? Dara thought. “Worse than the scandal?”

 

“Not the same category, but it’s big enough to shake the company.”

 

“What do you need me for then? If it’s another dating scandal, that’s just everyday work. You want me to post something?”

 

YG gave her a small smile. “I received a call from Dispatch last night,” he continued. “I had a lengthy discussion with them, tried to resolve it quietly, but their hands are tied.”

 

Once sajangnim said “Dispatch” she knew what kind of trouble Big Bang’s leader was in.

 

“I can try, but if they’ve got proof I don’t think I’d be of much help,” she replied.

 

“I don’t think the fans are stupid enough to believe a twitter post or an Instagram photo anymore,” added another voice.

 

Dara turned her head to find an exhausted Jiyong taking a seat beside her.

 

“No they’re not. Absolutely not. We can’t mock the public with a diversion, I’ve been called a troll one too many times,” YG said.

 

"What did you do this time?" Dara asked miffed. Obviously, they’re all gathered at this ungodly hour to save the leader’s , might as well get straight to the point. She hasn’t slept in 28 hours and clearly she won’t be able to in the next 12 or so.

 

Jiyong fumbled with his phone and handed it to Dara.

 

“I’m sorry, what’s this?”

 

“It’s not a what it’s a who.”

 

Dara sighed. “Fine, who’s this?”

 

“She’s my daughter,” Jiyong replied in a flat tone.

 

She blinked at him twice before looking at the photo again. She gave a deep sigh and handed back the phone. At this point, nothing can faze her anymore.

 

“You don’t look surprised,” Jiyong continued.

 

“Did any of the other staff look surprised when you told them?” Dara answered. “We expected something like this to happen eventually.”

 

“Yeah?” Jiyong sighed in disappointment. Did people always think he’s a mess up?

 

“Either Dispatch breaks the news or we do?” she asked YG who nodded in reply.

 

“They respect us enough to give us the heads up. But they can’t hold on to this information for too long.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Sports Seoul will be privy to the information in a few days," Jiyong chimed in.

 

“Is someone out to destroy you?” Dara said exasperated. Of course, Sports Seoul would be the root of this. YG has never been friendly with them, ever. She knew that they will break the scandal faster than Jiyong’s sold out concert tickets.

 

“You’re reaction to this is charming.” Jiyong said amused.

 

“Hang on. Why am in the middle of this, again?” Dara asked.

 

“Dispatch will release an article tomorrow morning. I want you to prepare a draft and send it to me by 3pm. We will release an official statement tonight.” YG explained.

 

“You want me to help him write this?”

 

“ Yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’re the Director of Communications, Dara. You’ve handled something like this before, and I trust you enough to let you handle Jiyong’s situation.”

 

“Let So Jung-oppa help him.”

 

“You’re an artist. You know what it feels like to be given this kind of attention.”

 

“Well, yes. But-“

 

“He’s your friend.”

 

“Fine.”

 

_________

 

 

 “What did you mean by you expected something like this to happen eventually?” Jiyong asked as soon as the elevator door closed.

 

Dara sighed leaning her head and closing her eyes. “I didn’t mean anything by it. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a bunch of us here and one’s bound to slip up.”

 

“This isn’t a slip up.”

 

“Get over it, Jiyong,” Dara muttered. “The world’s gonna know your secret and you can’t control people’s reaction towards it.”

 

“I know that,” Jiyong said quietly. “Thanks for helping, though.”

 

Dara raised her head and looked at him. “Like I have a choice?”

 

Jiyong looked at her.

 

“Don’t worry, let’s just get breakfast and then we’ll get started.”

 

“I didn’t know you’d be this indifferent. You’re surprisingly calm about the news.”

 

Dara chuckled. “After your scandal, I don’t think you can shock me anymore. Besides, you don’t know what I know. I say it’s better to work behind the scenes than on stage.”

 

“You sound just like So Jung-hyung,” Jiyong commented.

 

Ironically, the calmest people in YG come from the media and marketing department. They handle promotions and publicity which most of the time includes media block out on some of the artists. They are the wall that protects the privacy of the entire YG family.

 

“I learned from the best!” Dara smiled. “C’mon, I wanna get some kimchi soup before I start picking on your brain.”

 

 

_________

 

A/N: my thoughts are scattered at the moment so i'm not sure what to make of this. i have a habit of writing too much description so i'm gonna try and minimize that here. typical noob. shameless plugging, read silentapathy's stories. i love em! icelolly1's too! --- AON !! who's excited?