Butterfly

Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy’s Little Girl

 

Chapter 3 – Butterfly

 

_________

 

 

A lot of people have been calling Jiyong for the past hour but he decided to shut them out. None of them deserved an explanation from him, none except those who know him.

 

Not long after Bom reminded him that he’s not alone in this, people started filing in one after the other.

 

Youngbae came in rushing through the door while he and Bom were sitting silently beside the sleeping Dara. He ruffled his hair and sat beside him.

 

“Don’t worry,” Youngbae reassured. All Jiyong could do was smile sadly at him as he turned back to stare at nothingness.

 

CL and Minzy who were recording at the studio found out an hour later. They each gave their oppa a light hug and went to sit with their members. Teddy followed suit with 2 packs of beer.

 

Daesung and Seungri came in together straight from the airport. They got on the first flight out of Tokyo when the video came out. Top came in a little after. Thankfully, he already filmed the last scene of the day and was able to drive back to Seoul as soon as he finished.

 

“Hyung,” Jiyong croaked. Everybody looked up to the door and found YG sajangnim standing with his hands behind him.

 

“Ji,” YG acknowledged with a nod. “So, everyone’s here.”

 

Everyone remained silent and waited for the president to continue.

 

“I don’t want this kind of situation to burden anyone of you,” YG said. Jiyong bowed his head down feeling apologetic. “Including you, Jiyong. None of this is your fault.”

 

“But hyung…” Jiyong whispered.

 

“You seem to be forgetting who we are, Kwon Jiyong,” the president said with a fatherly smile. He looked at Teddy and said, “Who are we?”

 

Teddy returned the smile, “We are YG --- Family.”

 

“Family,” Seungri and Daesung echoed at the same time.

 

“Family,” CL and Minji followed.

 

“Family,” Top and Youngbae said a little louder.

 

Jiyong was overwhelmed. He breathed a sigh of relief and repeated after them, “Family.”

 

“Ramyun.. nyam.. family,” Dara murmured as she turned to her side and continued sleeping.

 

Everyone let out a small laugh and just like that, the tense atmosphere was broken and a deeper bond was made.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that already?” Bom said casting a glance to her left.

 

“Don’t you dare forget it again,” YG said with a tone of finality.

 

 

_________

 

 

 

All the phones at the YG head office hasn’t stopped ringing the day after the news broke out. Dispatch, true to their word, released an article the next morning confirming G-Dragon’s statement with a photo of him and Nabi at an underground parking lot. Both of them were wearing matching outfits, a Spongebob back pack hanging off Jiyong’s shoulder, and Nabi’s hands reaching up for her dad.

 

“Couple shirts, Ji? Really?” Teddy was laughing at Jiyong as soon as he entered the studio with Nabi in hand. “Oh, you didn’t say you’d bring the baby in.”

 

“Shut up, hyung,” Jiyong said, picking up Nabi and placing her on the couch.

 

“He-yo baby girl, howwa yu todeey?” Teddy gushed at the toddler who was hugging a Spongebob stuff toy.

 

Nabi blinked at him then looked up at Jiyong.

 

“This is Uncle Teddy. Uncle Teddy, this is Kwon Nabi,” Jiyong introduced.

 

“Heeey baby girl,” Teddy cooed.

 

“She thinks you’re retarded,” Jiyong chuckled. “Drop the baby talk. She hates it.”

 

“I’m ready, oppa,” a voice echoed from the booth. Bom was recording a new song for Teddy.

 

“Your appa is grumpy, ain’t he?” Teddy whispered to the 2-yr old before returning to his seat. He started to press a few buttons before telling Bom to start at the beginning.

 

“Just stay here, appa has to work. If you need anything, I’ll be just over there with Uncle Teddy, okay Nabi?” Jiyong asked his daughter.

 

Nabi gave him a sweet smile and nodded.

 

Jiyong felt good to be back at work especially now that he has his inspiration within arm’s length at his workplace. Every now and then he would steal a glance at Nabi to see what she was up to. Teddy’s studio has enough stuff in it to keep her occupied. She’s been moving around looking at things that piqued her interest. She was curious enough to unplug the instruments while Teddy was in the middle of fixing the hook.

 

“Nabi!” Jiyong exclaimed when the power went out. Once they plugged it back, he took her back to the couch. “Don’t do that again, okay? You can touch anything, except that.”

 

Nabi pouted at him and Jiyong couldn’t do anything but kiss her.

 

“Ommo, what happened?” Bom said as she stepped out of the booth.

 

“Kiddie maintenance,” Teddy muttered pointing at Nabi.

 

Bom looked at the little girl in Jiyong’s arms. “Oh, you brought her!” She couldn’t stop smiling. Kwon Nabi has big, round eyes, the same shade as Jiyong’s, and her curls framed her face beautifully. “She’s so cute. Thank god you don’t take after your dad.”

 

“Yah! Noona!” Jiyong complained.

 

“I can’t believe this came from that,” Bom teased.

 

Just then, the door opened to reveal an excited Seungri followed by Youngbae.

 

“ ‘Sup bro,” Taeyang said and fist bumped Jiyong. “High five!” he turned to Nabi who touched hands with him enthusiastically.

 

“Where’s the baby! I wanna see the baby! Is that her?!” Seungri shouted excitedly.

 

“Will you tone it down, Seungri,” Bom chastised. “You’re scaring her.”

 

Nabi giggled adorably as Seungri tried to take her from Jiyong.

 

“Let me hold her hyung,” Seungri said reaching for the girl.

 

“Yah, be careful. Drop her and you’re dead!” Jiyong warned but he was feeling warm inside as his daughter continued laughing at Seungri’s antics.

 

“Let Seungri babysit the kid for a while, we gotta hand this to sajangnim today,” Teddy reminded. “Both of you, in the booth. Move,” he motioned to Bom and Youngbae.

 

“Don’t let her wander off too much, maknae,” Jiyong said handing Seungri Nabi’s things. “Bring her back at lunch. We’ll head out together.”

 

“No problem, hyung,” Seungri smiled widely. “Nabi-yah, Uncle Seungri will play with you today, okay?”

 

Nabi clapped her hands excitedly.

 

“Be good, baby girl,” Jiyong gave her a kiss. “And watch Uncle Seungri, okay?” he whispered to her loud enough for the panda to hear.

 

“Yah, hyung!”

 

“Go now, we got work. She better come back the same, Seungri. No scratches, and I mean nothing.”

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

Dara placed her tray on the table and sat beside CL. She took her chopsticks and started eating.

 

“It’s too early. Why are we here again?” she asked, munching on carrot sticks.

 

“Because sajangnim called me,” CL answered.

 

“You. He called you, why am I always the third-wheel?”

 

“We need to record something with Teddy-oppa. The album’s supposed to drop before the world tour, we have to finish it unnie.”

 

“Aisht. I won’t sing too much anyway, I can come in late.”

 

“We need the second voice layered first.”

 

“Since when?”

 

“Since today, now stop talking and start eating.”

 

“But I need sleep.”

 

“You slept like a log the whole time last night, how much more sleep do you need?” CL said disbelievingly. “You know if the oppas weren’t there Bom-unnie would’ve dragged you all the way to the car. And she would’ve taken the stairs just to spite you!”

 

Dara groaned. She remembered lying down in the practice room while waiting for sajangnim’s message. She woke up this morning on her bed a little disoriented. Thankfully, Bominator was out of the dorm earlier than her so she didn’t have to endure an hour of lecture.

 

CL got up from her seat and picked up her tray. “I gotta go. See you later, unnie.”

 

“See you,” Dara replied. She continued eating when suddenly she felt something tugging at the back of her shirt.

 

“Ommo,” Dara gasped as she turned around to face the little girl behind her. “Hi baby girl,” she waved awkwardly. She looked around but there was nobody at the cafeteria except for her.

 

“Are you with someone?” she asked.

 

The little girl nodded eagerly. She gave Dara a smile and stretched her small neck to look at her tray of food.

 

“Do you want to eat something?”

 

The little girl nodded again.

 

“Okay, let’s get you up first.” Dara pulled the seat beside her and guided the little girl as she tried to climb onto it. “What do you want?” she continued, pushing the tray to her left.

 

The little girl looked at the different vegetable sticks that Dara had on her plate. There were also a half-eaten bowl of rice, a small portion of meat, kimchi, and some soup.

 

“Do you want some carrots?” Dara asked, picking a stick and hand it to the girl.

 

The little girl looked at it and back to Dara.

 

“Go on, eat it. It’s good for you,” Dara encouraged. Since the little girl looked hesitant, Dara took another stick for herself. “We’ll eat it together, okay?” she said then took a bite of the carrot. “Hmm. Yum.”

 

The little girl gave a bright smile and took a bite as well. She chewed very well and took another bite when Dara did. It was so amusing to watch the girl eat with her. When they finished the carrot sticks, they moved on to cucumbers and turnips.

 

“Yay!” Dara exclaimed when the last stick was gone. “We finished it!” she said clapping.

 

The little girl started clapping and laughing in excitement.

 

“What’s your name, baby girl?” Dara asked when the little girl settled down.

 

She looked at the vocalist and smiled. She pointed at Dara’s shirt.

 

“You like my shirt?” Dara asked confused. The little girl continued pointing at her shirt.

 

“Yes, that’s a butterfly,” Dara said. The little girl squealed in glee and clapped her hands.

 

“Your name is butterfly?”

 

The little girl nodded.

 

“Nabi-yah?” Dara said shocked.

 

The little girl broke into a grin and jumped from her seat to hug Dara.

 

 

 

_________

 

 

a/n: tada! bored at work.