Look At Me

Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy's Little Girl

 

Chapterr 4 - Look At Me

 

_________

 

 

“What do you mean you lost her?!” Jiyong bellowed. “How could you even lose someone that big!”

 

“Mianhe, hyung,” Seungri said shaking. He was a mixture of panic, shock, and fear at the moment. He brought Nabi to the lobby to play with her. They were busy for half an hour when Seungri took a call from his manager. One minute she was there, the next he couldn’t find her anywhere.

 

“Don’t worry, Ji,” Teddy said. “I called security, they’re checking the CCTVs now.”

 

“You!” Jiyong shouted at the maknae. “Don’t just stand there! Help me find her!” He rushed out of the studio fuming in anger.

 

“Mianhe, Jiyong-hyung,” Seungri said on the verge of tears.

 

Jiyong stopped midstride and turned around to look at his friend. “Just help me find her. I’ll deal with you later.”

 

Jiyong and Seungri waited for the elevator in silence. The leader kept on pressing the button every five seconds as if it will make the lift move faster.

 

*Ding*

 

The elevator doors opened and there was Dara with Nabi wrapped around her like a koala. Relief flooded Jiyong as he recognized his daughter. He stepped in and quickly enveloped them in a hug. Dara felt Jiyong’s hand press below her nape as he placed a kiss on Nabi’s head.

 

“God, you found her,” he whispered, resting his forehead on Dara’s shoulder his face right next to Nabi’s. The little girl smiled seeing her dad but stayed perfectly still. He smiled back at her as the feeling of contentment washed over him.

 

Dara was trapped. Jiyong tightened his hug as Nabi’s small arms wound more around her neck. She felt warm inside. She felt secure. Unconsciously, she leaned her head on Nabi’s.

 

*Flash*

 

The sudden outburst of light startled Dara. She blinked a few times and found Seungri, with his foot on the elevator door, leaning back to take another photo.

 

“This is heartwarming,” he said followed by another flash.

 

Dara shrugged a bit, trying to get Jiyong’s attention. “Ugh, Ji, she’s getting heavy.”

 

Jiyong came back to his senses. “Right…” he said releasing Dara. He pulled Nabi from her but she wouldn’t let go. He tried again but Nabi just tightened her arms even more.

 

“Nabi-yah, Auntie Dara is getting tired. Let appa carry you, neh?” Jiyong asked, his hand resting on Dara’s lower back.

 

Nabi whimpered in protest as she buried her head at the crook of Dara’s neck.

 

“Nevermind, I’ll carry her first,” Dara said as she moved to step out of the elevator.

 

“Fine, you’ll have to stay in the studio. Teddy needs you in the booth,” Jiyong said as he guided her out.

 

*Flash*

 

*Flash*

 

*Flash*

 

“Will you stop taking photos, you irresponsible punk!” Jiyong hissed holding the studio door open and snatching Seungri’s phone away. “You’re not yet off the hook. Get inside!”

 

 

_________

 

 

 

“You’re doing a CF with Top,” YG said handing out the contracts. CL and Top were sitting in his office, completely shocked at the moment.

 

“Neh?” they replied at the same time.

 

“You got offered FUBU for 2014. Top renewed contract last month, now they want you both on a CF.”

 

“But I’m with Adidas,” CL pointed out.

 

“It’s only a 6-month contract. I told Adidas you won’t do the spring promos but you’re back on board for fall/winter.”

 

“Is it okay to do that?” Top asked.

 

“Well, Jeremy’s with Moschino now. We’re changing your wardrobe, the stylists told me. Clothes for your upcoming tour will mostly be designer brands, so Adidas will only come in for one or two songs.”

 

“But I can’t wear Adidas when this comes out,” CL explained.

 

“I’ve talked a deal with them, they said you can wear both. I think they’re thinking of collaborating. I don’t know yet.”

 

“Okay,” CL agreed.

 

“Arasso,” Top said as he stood up to leave.

 

“One more thing,” YG added. “You’re gonna have to write them songs, for Adidas and Fubu. Send it to me next week.”

 

“Mwoh?” CL and Top looked at each other. Both of them were extremely busy right now that writing 2 songs on top of everything is next to impossible.

 

“But sajangnim, I’m finishing an album with the girls…” CL started.

 

“I’m filming a movie and preparing for Big Bang’s comeback…” Top said.

 

“That was the deal. Both of you will write a song for them. Filming starts in 2 weeks. Do it.“

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

Bom came out of the recording booth to find Dara slumped on the couch with Nabi on top of her.

 

“You came,” she said sitting beside Dara.

 

“Chaerin said I have to finish some songs,” Dara whispered back.

 

“Oh, noona! Did Nabi fall asleep on you?” Youngbae said perplexed. He leaned to the side and tried to take a peek of Nabi’s face.

 

“She wouldn’t let go after we found her,” Seungri said while tapping on his phone.

 

“Really?” Youngbae said.

 

“Thanks to you, idiot,” Jiyong muttered. “I’m not letting you babysit Nabi again!”

 

“What happened?” Bom asked.

 

“Seungri lost her this morning. She found me at the cafeteria,” Dara explained, her hands moving up and down Nabi’s back when she stirred in her sleep. Jiyong couldn’t help but smile at the action.

 

“Mwoh?!” Bom said surprised. “You pabo maknae! How could you lose a baby?”

 

“Yah, of all the things to lose,” Youngbae said shaking his head. “Be careful in your sleep. Jiyong might accidentally do something, yah never know…”

 

“Jiyong’s plotting his revenge, Seungri. Watch your back!” Teddy added with a laugh.

 

“Noona,” Seungri cowered behind Dara. 

 

“Yah! Get away from Dara!” Jiyong said when Seungri moved closer to Dara.

 

“Shhh!” Dara reprimanded.

 

“I would have taken your limbs off one by one if Dara hadn’t found her,” Jiyong glared at Seungri.

 

“But she’s back now, hyung. No need to kill me, neh?” Seungri said with aegyo.

 

“Tsk,” Jiyong scowled at him. His eyes softened as he turned to Dara. “Komawo, Dara.”

 

“I told you a hundred times already, it’s no problem. She was so cute eating lunch with me.” Dara grinned.

 

“Dara-yah, you’re up,” Teddy interjected looking over his shoulders.

 

“Neh, oppa,” Dara answered as she peered at the sleeping Nabi. “Can you take her, Bom-ah?”

 

Jiyong immediately stood up from his seat and reached for Nabi’s arms around Dara. Picking up his daughter, he handed the little girl to Youngbae with ease.

 

“Thanks,” Dara stood up, stretched her arms out and went inside the booth.

 

Bom pouted in disappointment as she wanted to hold the sleeping girl.

 

“She doesn’t do well waking up to people she doesn’t know,” Jiyong explained.

 

This got Seungri thinking, “So you knew?” he asked.

 

Youngbae nodded as he shifted from one foot to another, swaying the sleeping Nabi in his arms.

 

“How come you never told me?” Seungri wondered.

 

Jiyong threw him a pointed look as Bom smacked him in the head.

 

“You just lost her this morning, . How could he even trust you with a secret?”

 

Youngbae laughed. “Try getting back on Jiyong’s good side, Seungri.”

 

Seungri scratched his head. He knew it was unforgivable to lose Nabi, but he really was sorry. His eyes brightened in glee as he remembered the photo he took not long ago.

 

“I’ll give you these, Jiyong-hyung, if you let me play with her again,” Seungri said showing everyone the photos.

 

“Yah!” Jiyong exclaimed as he tried to grab the phone but Bom beat him to it.

 

“When was this?” she asked. She broke into a grin as she showed the photo to Youngbae. “Jiyong, when we said family, we didn’t mean family. Good job, Seungri!” she teased.

 

“She likes noona, doesn’t she?” Youngbae asked Jiyong astonished.

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

“Why wouldn’t she?” Bom asked handing giving Jiyong the phone.

 

“She usually doesn’t like women. Well, except for Jiyong’s mom and Dami-noona. Now Dara-noona, too,” Youngbae replied.

 

“And she whined too when I tried to take her,” Jiyong added. “I wonder what made her like Dara…” he pondered looking inside the booth as Dara’s voice started to fill the studio.

 

 

_________

 

 

 

a/n: i'm apathetic in reality so conveying emotions is a challenge.

[edit: ~~~ HEOL. whattanoob. i didn't mean to update all the chapters but since it's out, heck. all my hardwork is up already. haha. update will come hopefully next week. thanks to sandaragon for the heads up!]