Next Door

Ours is a Secret Love


Like the tides my heart is broken

Like the wind my heart is shaking

Like the smoke my love faded away

It never erases like a tattoo

I sigh deeply and the ground shakes

My heart is full of dust (say goodbye)

Jungkook hugged his pillow to his ears in an attempt to drown out the noise. He loved Big Bang, don't get him wrong, it was just a little too early for his brain to be checking in for work. He reached for where he had expected his phone to be and felt greatly disoriented when his limb lifelessly caught the air. Jungkook's eyes struggled open and the bright bars of light filtered through the curtains pulled him awake. After a few minutes of searching for his phone and simultaneously examining his room, Jungkook flopped back onto the doughy bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Right, I moved.” He buried his face in his pillow and a happy chuckle greeted the music notes engraved onto its sheets.

I can bear it in some way

I can stand it in some way

You should be happy if you are like this

Day by day it fades away

Oh my girl, I cry cry

You’re, my all

Say goodbye

Eventually, Jeon Jungkook allowed the music notes to carry him off his bed and out the door. Seconds later (literally) he found the source of the music. Jungkook bit on his lips to keep a lurking smile from breaking free and knocked on Nabi’s door. The music stopped and Jungkook felt his heart hastened to match the rate of those approaching footsteps. The door pulled away from Jungkook to reveal a slightly disheveled Han Nabi. Her flushed skin after what Jungkook assumed was a face wash highlighted Nabi’s hazelnut eyes. They twinkled playfully from the light now that those frameless glasses weren’t hiding them anymore. Her hair was neatly kept out of her face in a, well, messy bun. A few baby hair here and there outlined her forehead and behind her ears. Jeon Jungkook didn’t even want to get started on her coral lips, still moist from the water as well as her enticing nape that was made visible with her hair tied up. Jungkooks’ thoughts were going down a rather dangerous path when he spotted her rather adorable VIP t-shirt and her black PJ pants.
*Anything she wears seems cute to me.* Jungkook admitted defeatedly to himself and took notice that his heart was still racing to cross a nonexistent finish line.

“Jeon Jungkook, what’s up?” Nabi hoped that the casual question had masked her surprise.

“Well, I was just admiring your deafening music and wanted to rise from my oh-so-comfortable bed to come and tell you this.” Jungkook stressed every other syllable and his lips curved into an adoring smile when he saw Nabi scrunched up her nose at his statement, which was by the way dripping heavily with sarcasm.

“I’m sorry, I still haven’t gotten used to someone being in there.” Nabi motioned her head toward what used to be her dad’s room.

“I’ll keep it in mind from now on. But if you don’t have anything else, I’m going to get ready for school.” Nabi waved goodbye rather enthusiastically and it made Jungkook wanted to , even more than usual. He reached out his left arm and halted the unwelcoming door.

“Noona.”
“Yeah?” *Why isn’t he leaving? I look like a mess right now so stop staring!*

“Who’s handsomer between G-Dragon and m-”

“G-Dragon.” Nabi answered in half a heartbeat and tried again to pull the door close. Jungkook used a little more strength to keep the door open halfway.

“Who’s cuter between Daesung and m-”
“Daesung.” Another swift answer.

Jungkook gaped at Nabi’s undeterred tone of voice and decided he lost this battle, as with every battle with this girl. He shook his head and rested his face in both of his hands before gliding his right through his unkempt hair.

“Guess I should get ready for school too.” He treaded back to his room and couldn’t help but grin at the music that started again, though a little quieter this time.

---

“How can someone be so cute? Shouldn’t there be a limit? I bet there is, she’s just special.” Jungkook drew out each phrase lazily and Yoongi kicked away the broom that he was using for support. Jungkook lost balance for a brief moment before he could plant his two feet firmly on the ground.

“Yah Min Yoongi!”

“Stop drowning yourself in the other dimension and transport yourself back to earth please.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and poked his right cheeks with his tongue.

“Did anything special even happen?” Taehyung appeared suddenly with a second broom and dusted the floor space between Jungkook and Yoongi.

“You don’t know, it might have.” Jungkook defended his fantasy.

“As if, you’ve been in love with the girl for what, a year and a half now? Nothing happened.” Taehyung stated matter of factly and Jungkook socked him in the stomach for that.

“Our situation is too precarious, I have to take it slow.”

“Slow my , as this rate nothing will ever happen.” The three boys jumped in three different directions when Namjoon popped in between them unnoticed.

“Learn from Taehyung, he already the girl’s number now all he has to do is make a move.” Namjoon winked in Taehyun’s direction and he returned it with bewildered eyes. Jungkook and Yoongi leaned in closer, excited to be learning new information.

“Whose number did he get? When? How come I don’t know about it? Does he like her?” Yoongi questioned desperately. Again, Kim Taehyung had no idea what these strings of words were trying to imply.

“Name’s Kim Hyuna, she’s the pretty friend of our precious Kookie’s object of affection.”

Jungkook felt the impulse to defend his girl. “She’s not an object.”

Namjoon and Yoongi gagged, can this child be any cheesier?

“How did you know I got Hyuna’s number.” Taehyung redirected the topic toward himself.

“Hyuna? You’re on a first name basis already? Been less than a week man.” Namjoon giggled and elbowed Taehyung’s ribcage in a suggestive manner. “You move fast.”

“I guess, she said calling her Hyuna takes less work.” Taehyung replied modestly. Namjoon facepalmed himself before giving Taehyung gentle pats on his shoulder.

“Go check with the doctor and make sure your skull isn’t thicker than an average person.”

“Wait, wait.” Jungkook grabbed the attention from Taehyung and targeted it toward his own situation. “You got Hyuna noona’s number? Does she say anything about Nabi saying anything about me?”
“There was no transition between those two topics.” Yoongi pointed out with sarcasm drier than the Sahara. Jungkook used his palm to effortlessly pushed Yoongi’s face away from their four-person circl, not even bothering to look at his pale friend.

“Well?” Jungkook urged.

“Nothing really, I don’t think we talk much at all.”

“Why, disappointed?” Jungkook joined Namjoon in mocking their alien.

“Yeah.” *Not really.*

Kim Taehyung stopped sweeping the floor and looked up, his face filled with the lightest shade of pink.

“You just switched your internal and external monologue didn’t you.” Jungkook, Yoongi, and Namjoon stated the obvious. Taehyung ducked his head and retreated.

“Wah, first name basic within a few days and I’m still here struggling in finding the right time to call her Nabi.” Jungkook chewed on his lower lip in jealousy.

“Kim Taehyung amazes me sometimes.”

“The existence that is Kim Taehyung is in itself an amazement.” Yoongi chimed in and Jungkook nodded his head in agreement.

---

Author's Note:

Sorry for the rather boring chapter, I just wanted more substance to the story instead of rushing through the romance (or I'm just busy and unmotivated but you know potatoes potatoes).

Love you guys!