Too Much

Ours is a Secret Love

 


Mechanic's Blog Status:

If you ask me how I'm doin'

I would say I'm doin' just fine

I would lie and say that you're not on my mind

But I go out

And I sit down

At a table set for two

And finally I'm forced to face the truth

No matter what I say

I'm, not over you

Nabi opened up her page in what seems like forever with all the events that had unfolded simultaneously. She saw one person favorited her post and immediately opened up chatbox.

Mech: You won’t believe what happened recently J.

Jb: What? You adopting a brother?

Mech: Woah, close! My mom is remarrying and my future step-dad has a son.

Jb: How do you know they’ll remarry?

Nabi was slightly taken back at the remark, he wasn’t wrong. But it surprised her that Jb would not be positive about something.

Mech: Well, that’s true but they seems pretty close.

Jb: Well you never know, but congrats ^^
Mech: Thanks.

They chatted for a couple of hours, mostly about senseless things. Nabi was the first one to excused herself as per usual to go to sleep. Has Nabi tried to meet up with ? Yes, she tried to ask for video calls, meeting up and getting coffee, but has always rejected her offer. They eventually reached a compromise where would be the one reaching out whenever she was ready to meet up.

Nabi lighted her peppermint candle and watched the flickering light as it guided her to dreamland.

---

“Yo Kookie” A crisped voice rang out from the school gates.

“Don’t call me that in public.” Jungkook smacked Namjoon’s head, disheveling his silver locks.

“ing idiot.” Yoongi laughed at Namjoon’s salty face as he rubbed his sore spot.

“How’s your girl?” Taehyung’s deep voice interrupted Yoongi hysterical fits of laughter.

Jungkook  replied with a sigh. “She’s really buying into this family charade.”

“That must .” Yoongi swung his arm around Jungkook’s shoulder. Jungkook picked up the lad’s arm and threw it back to his side.

“More than you know.”

“Introduce us sometimes, I want to at least know the face of sis-in-law.”

“In your dreams, Namjoon, you’ll end up falling for her.”

“Is she that cute?”

“To the point that it’s scary.” Jungkook stated with a straight face.

“Gross, Jeon Jungkook .” Taehyung shook his head and nudged his pal playfully.

“Jeon Jungkook?” Jungkook immediately reacted to the sweet voice that makes his heart goes round.

“Hey noona.” He responded while childishly pushing the others behind him as if that would make them disappear.

*That’s her.* Yoongi, Namjoon, and Taehyung thought in unison.

Nabi readjusted the frames of her glasses. “Are you with your friends?”

“No-”

“Yes!” Namjoon stepped up and smirked in satisfaction when he saw Jungkook shooting him death glares. “Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Namjoon .”

Namjoon extended his hand and Nabi shook it amiably. “Nice to meet you, I’m Han Nabi.”

“I’m Min Yoongi!” Yoongi bobbed next to Namjoon and made a peace sign.

Taehyung slowly moved away from Jungkook when he heard him whispered “Don’t you do this to me.” He simply looked forward and continued walking, completely ignoring the words of his friend.

“I’m Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you.” Taehyung did a little bow.

“Nice to meet you.” Nabi giggled at his cute gesture.

“And you sunbae?” Namjoon looked to the beauty standing next to Nabi. Taehyung lifted his head in time to see Hyuna sending them a smile.

*Woah.* He thought, and the thought surprised him. Why did he went “woah?”

“I’m Kim Hyuna, nice to meet you.” Hyuna waved with her fingers. “What are you guys up to?”

“We were just heading to wor-” Yoongi coughed as Jungkook socked him in the gut.

“We’re heading to Taehyung’s place to study.” Jungkook corrected.

“R-right *cough* To study.” Yoongi supported.

“Ok, have fun then.” Nabi waved and began to walk away. Jungkook ’s chest deflated slightly at the thought of her leaving.

Hyuna rolled her eyes, how could Nabi not see such obvious signs? Nevertheless, she walked along her best friend until a hand held her back. She turned around and traced it up from her wrist until she found the owner.

“Kim Taehyung, right?”

Taehyung nodded and reached behind Hyuna’s ear. He gently caressed her hair before taking back his hand. “You got something on your hair.”

Hyuna looked at the brown leaf that had supposedly landed on her.

“It is fall after all.” She smiled brightly and brushed her hair behind her ear. “Thanks.”

*Woah.* Taehyung thought again and stood there as Hyuna caught up to Nabi.

“Taehyung, she’s not your little sister so check yourself.” Yoongi advised and clicked his tongue.

“Does she resemble her?” Taehyung scratched his head in thought. “Sweet.” Taehyung mumbled when he remembered Hyuna’s faint fragrance.

Namjoon sighed and shook his head. “Let’s go, we’ll be late otherwise.” Namjoon herded the three cattles toward the bus.

When the guys were busy dragging each other towards the bus, a pair of eyes landed on one specific member.

*Kim Taehyung huh.* Hyuna thought.

“Hyuna, you coming?” Nabi called from the bus stop. Hyuna turned around and saluted.

“Yes ma’am.”

---

Jungkook came home late again, and once again he flopped to his bed. The smell of coffee beans hastily filled the room and Jungkook too fell fast asleep.

“Mom, don’t leave!” A fourteen years old Jungkook cried out. “Please don’t leave me!”

He continuously shouted. A figure veiled in white turned back to look at him. There were no details to her face, as if he couldn’t remember them. The figure turned and floated away from him. Jungkook cried out again.

“Mom don’t leave!” Jungkook sprung from his bed, sweats streaming down his face and body. He exhaled and inhaled deeply in an attempt to catch his breath. After a few seconds, his consciousness stabilized and he realized that he was holding onto something. His eyes widened when he turned his head to the right.

“Nabi noona?” Jungkook immediately let go of Nabi’s arm and burrowed his face in his left hand. “Why are you here?”

“Well, my mom thought it’ll be nice to visit, and they’re also discussing moving plans.”

“Why are you here, and not down there with them?” Jungkook looked up and faced Nabi.

“They’re in their own world, it’s awkward, you know.” Nabi placed her hand on Jungkook’s forehead and the heat from his skin seeped through to hers.

“I’m glad I came up though. I’ll go get a cold towel.”

Nabi walked to the door and turned her head back. “Which way’s the restroom?”

“To your left.” Jungkook drew lazily.

Nabi headed left and Jungkook heard a small “found it” followed by the sound of the door opening. He shook his head and lay down only to be awakened a few minutes later by a cold sensation on his forehead. The touch lingered for a few seconds before disappearing. Reappearing, disappearing, and then reappearing again.

Jungkook eventually opened his eyes and let them fall upon the girl in front of him, the girl who was earnestly dabbing his tiredness away. If this was a dream, then he’d like it to last much longer. But it wasn’t, and he was fine with that too. He couldn’t touch her if it was a dream.

“I’m fine.” Jungkook placed the towel Nabi was holding back in the water bucket she had brought. He then took her hand and gently traced her fingers.

“Your hand is all wrinkled. You might want to look into anti-aging cream.”

He stared at her as she brushed her hair behind her ears, a wide grin spread across her face.

*She must be thinking that this was how siblings say thanks.*

Jungkook felt a strong urge to push her down. He couldn’t do that of course, she’d run away. Instead, he bent down slightly and touched his lips to the palm of her hand. He opened his eyes and looked longingly at Nabi. His temperature rose and Jungkook hoped that she couldn’t hear his deafening heartbeat.

“You must still be tired.” Nabi pulled her hand away and placed it on Jungkook’s forehead. “Lie down and get some rest, I’ll go down and inform Mr. Jeon.”

As he lay down, Nabi pulled the blanket over Jungkook and waved goodbye. When she left, Jungkook let out a huge sigh and buried his face in his hands.

*Han Nabi, you’re really too much.*

---

Nabi closed the door behind her and her legs immediately gave in. She sunk to the floor and gripped her shirt tightly. She tried but failed to steady her breaths, her cheeks were dyed a shade of deep pink and her head grew dizzy. Nabi pulled out her phone with shaking hands and barely pressed “Call.” The line rang for a strangely long two seconds.
“Hello?”

“Pika” Nabi whispered.

“Hon, why is your voice so shaky? Are you crying? Which do I need to kill?”

“It’s not that, just, can I come over?”