Chapter 5

On that day

Junhyung's POV

 

The next morning, we were back at the hospital, in the VIP waiting room. After yesturday's incident, we only had a quick check-up to make sure that we were okay. Manager hyung cancelled all our schedules for the next few days, to get over the shock. We were in the news everywhere, and fans urgently asked us worried questions on our twitters, such as "Hyung, are you okay?!", "Omg that so shocking..." and "I might kill that man for trying to hurt our Beast!"

 

At night, the dorm was much quieter than usual. We got over the shock quiet quickly, but I knew that everyone was thinking about Sangjoon. We all had a drink that night, and we played our usual crazy games. One by one, everyone fell asleep until it was just Hyunseung and me. 

 

"Stop staring at me", I grumbled as I felt Hyunseung's piercing eyes on me. He carried on, and I looked away. 

 

"It wasn't your fault you know. It just happened." He said, but I didn't reply. 

 

-Flashback to after the incident-

 

"Junhyung, are you okay?" Hyunseung asked, as we helped the fans get out. I looked at Hyunseung. He was weird, Hyunseung, always strange and unexpecting. He was always spaced out and we called him 4D alot, but Hyunseung was the one who could always sort us out, and ask questions that we didn't know how to answer. 

 

Yoseob came up to us. "I'm going to check up on them, okay?" he told Hyunseung, who was still staring at me. He nodded, and then looked back at me waiting for an answer. 

 

"Yeah, I mean it's not like I almost got shot or anything," I said dryly, attempting a joke. Hyunseung didn't take the bait, and instead just sighed. 

 

"Sangjoon's something, isn't he." He leaned against the wall beside me, and looked at the sky. "Always the drama queen."

 

I chuckled at that. He had taken acting classes with me, and he always said that if he wasn't going to become a singer he'd like to be an actor. My face darkened though when I remembered his face, his expression as he shouted that he was going to kill me. 

 

"The same Sangjoon, isn't he." I said, half joking half being serious. 

 

Hyunseung just looked at me, almost as if he was trying to see through my brain. 

 

-Flashback ends-

 

"I don't know what your talking about." I said finally, rewarding myself another glare and taking another sip of my beer. 

 

"You should stop holding your feelings, Junhyung. You haven't talked about him ever since we left." Hyunseung said, as if he was the master of talking. Hyunseung was almost quieter than me, and when he did talk half of what he said never made sense. When he did talk, it was always honest though. 

 

"Well, everyone has secrets don't they?" I asked him, targetting the question directly at him. He just looked at me with those blank eyes and then said, 

 

"It's getting late. Lets put the others into bed." 

 

-

 

Back at the hospital waiting room, Kikwang and Dongwoon were playing a game, the most childish and youngest in our group. The fake maknae, Yoseob, wasn't in the cheerful, cute mood he always had on stage, or the crazy, laughing one he had usually in the dorm. Yoseob was in his quiet, sensitive thinking mood which he was always in, but just hid. He was sitting down next to Hyunseung, who was commenting on Doojoon's soccer skills as Doojoon bobbed the ball on his head, which was what he did when he was nervous. And me? Leaning against the wall, and just looking at our strange family. 

 

Then, the doctory walked into the room, and everyone suddenly stood up. 

 

Kikwang's POV

 

"Aish, no fair!" I yelled, but not too loud to be heard outside the room. Dongwoon just laughed, and carried out my punishment by flicking me in the forehead. 

"You shouldn't do that to someone older than you," I grumbled, rubbing my head. Everyone was back to normal, silly Dongwoon, active Doojoon, 4D Hyunseung, mysterious Junhyung and dumb me. Only Yoseob was weird, quieter than his usual self. 

 

''Still probably not over the shock,' I told myself. At that time the doctor came in and all of us stood up. 

 

"Doctor!" We all bowed, and Doojoon carried on. "How is the girl...?"

 

"She's fine, she's just woken up. Apart from being a little dizzy and hungry, she's good." the doctor smiled. Some people were scared of doctors, but I always loved them, because they were so positive and smiley. "In a few minutes, you guys can come inside to visit." He was just about to go back inside when I asked,

 

"Oh! I just realized we don't know her name... Could you please tell us her name?"

 

"It's Eunha, Park Eunha," he replied and disappeared out of the room. 

 

"Aha! So that's how I know her!" Dongwoon suddenly face-palmed himself. 

 

"You know her?" Junhyung asked curiously. 

 

"She went to my school, she's in the same year as me. I remember she won an ipod for coming first in the whole school for getting the best marks." Dongwoon blurted out, laughing. 

 

"Same year? But you've never mentioned her before..." I said to him, confused. 

 

"We weren't in the same classes, I only saw her occasionally." He said, now breaking into a smile. This had obviously been annoying him ever since yesturday. 

 

"Wow... best marks in school...I'm disappointed in you, Dongwoon." Yoseob broke out of his strange mood, teasing him. 

 

"Hyung!" Dongwoon protested, and we all laughed. At that time, a pretty nurse came in and told us that we could come inside. 

 

"Your very pretty," I told her as we past her and she blushed, something I was used to. 

 

"Now's not the time Kikwang," Doojoon nudged me. I just laughed, and entered the room.

 

Eunha's POV

 

When I woke up, I didn't expect myself to be inside a white room that felt oddly familiar, and I didn't expect myself to feel so hungry. 

 

"Ugh... where am I?" I grumbled. Apart from feeling sleepy, I felt fine, in fact better than I had in a while. Was I still dreaming? I pinched myself; ouch. Definately not. 

 

"Good morning Eunha." a man wearing a white coat and a friendly smile greeted me as he entered the room. A doctor. Suddenly I knew all too well where I was. 

 

"H-hello." I answered back uncertainly.I was still confused to why I was here, and I wanted to get out. 

 

"Good sleep you had? You've been sleeping for a while now." He smiled. I immediately got up and checked the time; 2 in the afternoon?! 

 

"Oh no! I was suppose to be at work an hour ago..." I slapped myself. My boss clearly stated that straight after the pizza delivery to come back to work. But I couldn't remember anything about the pizza delivery, or how I had fallen asleep. 

 

"We called your work, and he said that you could call him back later on." He told me, finding a chair to sit on. Something still felt weird, mainly because I had only slept for an hour yet I was feeling so great...

 

"Excuse me," I asked polietly, "But what day is it today?"

 

"Why, I believe it's friday." he told me. My eyes bulged. Friday?! Which meant I had been asleep for...

 

"Almost 23 hours, I believe." he chuckled, "but perfectly normal for someone who hasn't slept well or at all."

 

I still couldn't believe it. 23 hours?! I always thought it would be impossible to sleep for that long... but I still had a lot of questions. 

 

"Doctor, if that's what you are, sorry but why am I here?" I asked confused. The doctor however looked as if it was normal that I couldn't remember. 

 

"Ah. Memory loss. What is the last thing you can remember?" 

 

"Well... I can remember having to deliver pizza... and entering the building but that's all." I said. Suddenly, something triggered my mind. "And I can remember a man holding a gun but I wouldn't know why. Is that weird?"

 

"No, not remembering is completely normal, and the man holding a gun is completely normal too." the doctor leaned over to get the remote control for the tv which was on the wall infront of me. "Perhaps this will trigger your memory."

 

Turning it on, I saw that he had turned it onto the news, and a woman was speaking. 

 

"Yesturday afternoon, there was a life threating incident with famous boy group Beast. At their concert practice, a man whose name shall be not named impostered a staff member and entered the building with a gun. He threatened to shoot Beast, when a young woman jumped onto the man's back, surprising everyone. She managed to take the gun off him, and even made him unconcious, saving not only Beast but also others who were there. Here is a clip showing what happened."

 

A security camera, with a not very good view showed six members who I vaguely remembered on a stage and lots of fans. The camera fast-forwarded and a man from the curtains shot the ceiling, mking everyone jump and scream. He then began to talk to the six members, who in return put their hands up. Their conversation was also fast forwarded, until the man pointed his gun at another man and suddenly out of nowhere a girl jumped onto the man's back, making him point the gun somewhere else and not shooting the man. There was a lot of shouting as the six members took the fans outside and the girl and the guy fought. The girl looked oddly familiar, with her long hair and petite body but I didn't know where. She looked strangely like my sister, only with longer hair and taller. She kicked the man, and then gave him a knee strike. The man fell, and shortly after the girl fell down too. The doctor turned the tv off, and then turned to me.

 

"Did any of that look... familiar?"

 

"I'm not too sure... the girl looked sort of like my sister," I frowned, "but different. Almost like me."

 

The doctor just smiled, as if what I had said made sense.

 

Wait. Was he saying that it did make sense?

 

"Are you saying... that the girl just then was me?" I asked shocked. Sure, she did look like me, but I didn't know how to fight like that. I was the clumiest person I knew.

 

"I don't know, what is your brain telling you?"

 

"Put your hands up." I could hear a voice inside my head and suddenly I was inside a building, hiding behind the curtains. 

 

"I said put your hands up!" 

 

No. No way that was me. But all the holes in my memory came back, and I remembered the gunshot, the screams, and the calm faces of the members. I remembered the gun facing Junhyung, and then I remembered suddenly jumping onto his back and then fighting harder than I ever had. I remembered knocking the man unconsious, and then feeling dizzy and tired. The last thing I could remember was Dongwoon coming up to me, and his voice fading away as my vision grew darker and cloudier. 

 

I remembered everything.

 

'Crap,' I thought to myself, or at least I thought I did until the doctor looked at me. Oops, I hadn't meant to say it out loud. 

 

"So, I take that your memory is back Eunha?" The doctor laughed. "How are you feeling?"

 

"Fine actually, never better. So I fainted?"

 

"Yes, but you gained concious after a few minutes. However you were very tired and immediately fell asleep, which was good as you haven't been sleeping a lot lately have you?"

 

I nodded. "Then..." I asked hesistantly. "I was the one who jumped onto the man's back?"

 

"And saved not only Beast but their fans? Yes." the man nodded.

 

"I don't know how that is possible, doctor. I mean, I'm the most clumiest and cowardly person I've ever seen. I'm not a hero" I said, still in shock. 

 

"Sometimes, our mind and body reacts without us knowing. For you, it was an instinct you had, that you had to do something. Besides, I'm sure that the adrenalin helped." he said wisely. 

 

As I just sat there, my mind blank, the doctor stood up. "However, many people think of you as a hero. You even have some people who... I could say respect you." He beckoned me to look outside the window and I gasped. Hundreds of people were standing outside, holding signs reading, "Thank you!", "I love you!" and "Your awesome!"

 

A few caught sight of me, and excitedly jumped around pointing. I hesitantly waved and they all started waving their signs even more vigerously. 

 

"Did... all these people come for me?" I asked in disbelief. The only people who had ever supported me, or respected me had been my mother, sister, a few friends and teachers. Not hundreds of people. 

 

"It seems like it, a lot of people respect and admire what you have done. Their cheering might also be coming from B2uties, because Beast is here."

 

'B2uties? Beast? Oh, the people I was suppose to give the pizza too,' I thought to myself. 

 

"That reminds me, you have a few guests that want to see you," he said, sending out one of the nurses out. 

 

'Who could it be?' I wondered.