Chapter 13

On that day

Eunha's POV

 

We were sitting down on the steps, the only warmth inside our hands that were holding each other when suddenly a large gust blew and I shivered violently.

 

Immediately Yoseob got up, and let go of my hand. "You must be freezing! I'm sorry for keeping you out here for so long. We should go inside, the others will probably be wondering whether we got stuck inside the rubbish bin or something."

 

"Good i-i-idea," my teeth chattered, and we quickly went inside. After we entered the elevator, Yoseob quickly said, "I hope I didn't talk too much..."

 

"Oh no, I enjoyed listening to you." I admitted. "Oh wait! Not that I enjoyed listening to your disagreement with your family... I meant it like I just overall liked listening to you."

 

"I'm just going to pretend to know what you mean," he winked and I felt that angry and sad Yoseob was gone. "And if you ever need to talk to someone, or need help you know who to call."

 

"I'll definately think about it. Oh, I don't know your phone number...Could I have it please?" I handed him my phone and he added his number in, under the name 'Yang Yoseob'. "Thank you... by the way, have you told the rest of Beast about meeting your sister?"

 

He hesistated, and then shook his head. "I was going to but... they know how much trouble I had with my family. When Jieun texted me, I thought that they would try to persuade me not to go and at that time I did want to go see her. However I'm going to tell them tonight what happened, so that there's no confusion and secrets." The elevator door opened, and we walked to the door slowly.

 

"I'm glad; that seems like a smart choice from Mr Yang," I said, and before he opened the door, Yoseob looked at me.

 

"You know Eunha, I'm glad you came here to live." he said and those words stayed with me for the rest of the day.

 

Junhyung's POV

 

Yesturday night right before we were about to go to sleep, Yoseob told us the real reason why he'd been acting so strange in the last week. He told us the whole story beginning from his sister's birthday to when Eunha found him and Jieun talking, which probably meant Eunha knew. She must have known something before too, or otherwise she wouldn't have asked me who Jieun was.

 

However, Yoseob didn't tell us why him and Eunha were so late coming back up which probably meant that something happened. Then I remembered thinking that the reason why Eunha asked if Yoseob had a girlfriend was because she liked him, but it turned out she only asked because she thought Jieun was his girlfriend. Maybe I was overreacting on this one too.

 

All of Beast knew about Yoseob's family problem. Although we all had our own history, Yoseob was the one who came from the most difficult family. I remembered how quiet Yoseob used to be, the first him I had seen him. He was much better and happier now, and I couldn't help feel almost like a proud father.

 

We had quite a serious and raw talk that night with everyone. Afterwards, everyone fell asleep until it was once again Yoseob and I.

 

"Do you miss your family?" Yoseob asked me quietly.

 

I thought about it. I had my parents and a younger sister who was Eunha's age. "I guess so. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Do you miss yours?"

 

There was a silence, and I could almost hear the clockworks in Yoseob's brain tick away. "Yeah," he confessed. "I do miss them."

I sighed. Yoseob's family was a major confusion- I knew that Mrs and Mr Yang had to love Yoseob yet their behaviour towards him was so... harsh. Humans were weird sometimes.

 

I had another question. "Yoseob...how can you tell when you like someone?"

 

I heard Yoseob sigh this time. "I am I suppose to know this? I'm no Romeo." Oops. I had forgotten that Yoseob had never had a girlfriend.

 

"Haven't you ever liked someone? At least one person?"

 

"...there was a girl I did like in kindergarden. And I think a girl when I was like 15... but that's basically it. How many people have you liked?"

 

"Tons, so many that I probably can't count. But I've only loved two people so far."

 

"How does love feel like?" Yoseob suddenly asked. I thought of those light browns eyes and blushed. Thank gosh it was dark.

 

"Wasn't that what my original question was for you? I don't really know how to describe it, that's why I asked you!"

 

"Oh. Does that mean you've...kissed someone?"

 

Sometimes Yoseob was as innocent as a little kid. "Yeah... just a few times though..."

 

"How did it feel?"

 

I suddenly got up. "Are you saying you've never kissed someone?"

 

"Shhh! You'll wake them up!" Yoseob hissed, as someone from the bottom bunk moved.

 

"They'll never wake up, especially Hyunseung," I disagreed, but lowered my voice anyway. "So you haven't had your first kiss yet?"

 

"...Yeah but don't laugh. Besides, I can wait, until I meet that one special person."

 

"Awh, little Yang Yoseob believes in first love." I . "And destiny."

 

"There's no such thing as destiny," he said seriously. "Destiny is just luck, when you be lazy and let something just happen which in my words isn't really romantic. I think that we have to make our own choices, and choose our own paths for it to be true love."

 

I was stunned. "You know, for a kid who claims to have no knowledge in love you sure think you know a thing or two."

 

If I could see Yoseob's face, I reckoned he was smiling right now. "I like to try."

 

Yoseob's POV

 

The next few days, we had hard out practices, some so tiring that as soon as we came home we fell asleep on our beds without getting changed. I didn't get to talk to Eunha a lot as we were inside the practice room most of the time dancing but I made time to text her.

 

What you doing? I'm still practicing with the rest of the guys... it's really tiring sigh. Can't wait to go to the dorm...

 

I'm trying to work out how to do twitter...Junhyung taught me last time but I forgot.... Goooo Beast! Beast Hwaiting!

 

Hahaha thanks! I've got a twitter; follow me and I'll follow you: mine's helloimys.

 

...1...2...3... followed!!~ Mine's Park_Eunhaha... I couldn't think of something original.

 

I followed her, and then immediately found a new tweet updated by her 10 seconds ago.

 

Park_Eunhaha

My twitter is activated... tweet tweet!

 

I laughed, and then commented on her tweet asking, "are you a bird or something?" When I sent that, I noticed that she had already gotten a lot of followers, most who I recognised as B2uties. It made me happy to know that she had a lot of fans.

 

"What you smiling at?" Junhyung asked before taking a drink of water. He peered over my shoulder and his eyes widened. "Eunha's on her twitter? Give me her username!"

 

"What if I don't want to?" I teased, turning my phone off quickly so that he wouldn't read what her username was.

 

"Yoseob that's unfair! Just give me her damn username!" he lunged for my phone but I dodged.

 

"If you want to know that badly, just go ask her!" I nudged him. I knew that Junhyung didn't want to, but in the end he had no other choice to. His face beamed when he received her text message and he posted his tongue at me.

 

"I'm following Eunha's twitter now!" he boasted to Doojoon, who pretended to look jealous.

 

"I want to follow her twitter!" By the time our break had ended, all of us were following Eunha's twitter and vice versa.

 

"Is this a PC room or is this a practice room?" Our teacher yelled, and we immediately ran to our places. "If I catch one more person on their phones again, it's one extra hour of practicing!"

 

None of us dared to groan, but I could almost hear the one word everyone was thinking: crap.

 

Eunha's POV

 

They came to the dorms later than usual today, at 10:00pm.

 

"We told you to get off your phone, Hyunseung-ah!" the rest of the members were groaning, as Hyunseung guiltily apologised.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked them as they massaged their tired muscles.

 

"Nothing, we just had to dance an extra hour because of someone..." Junhyung grumbled.

 

"I said I was sorry!" Hyunseung shouted earnestly.

 

"Shhh, manager hyung's calling!" Doojoon hissed, and then picked up the phone. "Hello?"

 

We waited patiently for Doojoon to answer the phone call. He looked serious when he hung up, and I couldn't help feeling worried.

 

"What's wrong?" Dongwoon asked.

 

"The president...is giving us a one day holiday tomorrow!" he suddenly grinned, and everyone wooped.

 

"You gave me a fright, Yoon Doojoon," Yoseobe exclaimed, his hand over his heart.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"To the ice-skating rink?"

 

"Beach?"

 

"Narnia?" Everyone turned to look at Hyuseung. "What? It could be Narnia."

 

"Close, but not quite." Doojoon smiled. "We're going to the amusement park!" Everyone began to celebrate, by dancing around and singing and I couldn't help burst into laughter at the six silly guys that we're supposedly 'beastly.' However, I was excited. My first time going to the amusement park, and with Beast.

 

I couldn't wait till tomorrow.