Chapter 14

On that day

Eunha's POV

 

The next morning I woke up at 5:15am, and immediately remembered what day it was.

 

"Doojoon, Junhyung, Kikwang, Yoseob, Hyunseung and Dongwoon-ah! Today we're going to the amusement park!" I opened their bedroom door happily, only to find six sleeping boys. "Guys, wake up! Your manager said that we had to wake up early so that we would get to the amusement park early." No response. "If we're late, there's going to be a lot of people which means less time to go on the rides!" Still no response. It was like talking to a wall. "Guys! If you don't wake up, I'm going to post a photo of you guys onto my twitter with you guys like this!"

 

Finally, I heard someone grumble. "Just five more minutes..."

 

"Sorry, but you guys really have to get up now. Please?" I begged, but they only just moved around in their beds, ignoring me. "Oh, I see it's like this. I didn't want to do this..." I went over to Doojoon, who seemed the most awake, and then suddenly grabbed his blanket so that nothing was covering him.

 

"What the-EUNHA!?" He yelled, grabbing onto thin air. "It's freezing cold!"

 

"I'm sorry, but the manager told me to do this if you didn't wake up," I apologised, feeling a little guilty. However I couldn't stop laughing at Doojoon who was trying to grab onto the blanket and instead looking like he was doing a weird dance. "If you sleep more, we won't get as much time at the amusement park."

 

Finally, Doojoon reluctantly got up and climbed from his top bunk to the ground. "Thanks for waking me up," he wearily said, rubbing his eyes. "I'll wake up the rest of the guys while you get ready. Make sure you wear something warm and comfy."

 

I nodded, and then quickly ran to my bedroom, wondering what to wear. I ended up choosing the jeans the coordi woman had chosen me and a random t-shirt I found in the wardrobe. Carrying a sweater in case it got cold, I did my daily bathroom routine and walked into the living room feeling excited. My stomach had little butterflies in them and I couldn't stop smiling.

 

I could tell that not everyone else was feeling how I felt. Although Doojoon, Yoseob and Kikwang were looking pretty decent for people who had woken up 30 minutes ago, Junhyung, Hyunseung and especially Dongwoon were looking tired, half asleep and sick.

 

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, worried. Dongwoon was slightly green, and Hyunseung stumbled, having fallen asleep.

 

"They're okay; they just can't wake up properly early in the morning. They'll be awake when we get there. On the other hand, Dongwoon is scared of the rollercoasters."

 

"I am not!" Dongwoon mumbled, going red as we entered the elevator. "I just don't... like them."

 

"Whatever. It's okay to be scared of it Dongwoon, you don't have to ride it." Kikwang kindly said, which only made Dongwoon go redder.

 

"I told you guys I'm not scared!" They were still bickering by the time we got in the van. I looked outside; the sky was still dark and there were almost no people on the streets. If I looked hard enough, I could see a few stars.

 

"You're so cute, Dongwoon," Hyunseung linked arms with him. "Don't ever go all grown up and manly on us! You have to be our maknae forever!"

 

FInally, after thirty minutes we arrived at the amusement park. We got out of the van, and I gasped. The amusement park was a lot bigger than how it looked in my head, and it was colourful and bright. It was all crazy and complicated, and there were attractions everywhere. I felt a little afraid at how big the attractions were, and planned to stay as near as Beast as I could in case I got lost.

 

Junhyung, seeing my reaction chuckle. "You act as if this is your first time here."

 

"Maybe because it is," I poked my tongue at him, and then carried on looking in awe at the amusement park. We were standing in line to pay and I peered around to see only a few people on the rides. No wonder the manager had wanted us to come so early; less people meant more freedom and privacy for Beast.

 

Junhyung looked at me in surprise. "Haven't you ever gone to one with your family or boyfriend? Everyone has!"

 

'We had more important issues to worry about rather than go to the amusement park,' I thought to myself. To Junhyung, I scoffed. "What makes you think I had a boyfriend?"

 

"I guessed. Did you?"

 

"Maybe, maybe not. The point is, this is the first time being here and I want to enjoy it as much as I can!" I couldn't hide my excitement and I began to smile. We were inside the amusement park now, and as it was still dark the lights on the attractions were lit up, with all different kinds of colours. If I spun around and around, all I could see was a blur of colours.

 

"Hey stop that, you're going to get sick and you need to save that for the rides," Yoseob teased, gently stopping me from spinning. "What do you want to go on first?"

 

"I'm not sure... they all look so fun!" I looked around, each attraction looking so appealing.

 

"We'll start with something easy, like the bumper cars." We paid the man, and then we got into the small red and yellow cars that had no wheels. I sat down, and then pulled the belt over me. A few seconds later, it began slowly but then sped up. I heard myself and the rest of the others shout as we bumped into each other, and felt my body forwards, then backwards and forwards again. When it was over, I jumped up and down.

 

"That was so much fun!" I smiled, and the rest of them laughed at me. "Can we go on something more extreme next?"

 

"Like the rollercoaster there?" he pointed to the smallest one. While it was the smallest, it was still quite complex and had a few bumps. I nodded.

 

"Everyone, make sure you are fastened into your seats." The man told us, checking to see if everything was safe, and then carried on. "The rollercoaster is about to start in a few seconds; I hope you enjoy the ride."

 

He then pulled the trigger, and the car began to move slowly. I was at the front with Doojoon, and grabbed the handle bars nervously. Would it be scary? Before I had time to react, the car swooped down and I began to scream. The rest of the ride was a blur, as we turned left, right, down and up. Almost too quickly, the ride had ended and I got out of my seat dazed.

 

"Was that too extreme for you?" Junhyung asked me, looking bored. I slowly shook my head, and then looked at him with big eyes.

 

"That was awesome! Can we do the next one?"

 

And so we rode the next rollercoaster, and then the next harder one, and then next until it was the most scariest one. This one had loops everywhere, and turned upside down. It had steep mountains, and was a bumpy ride as I found out. However, I had never felt so adrenalin apart from the day I had met Beast. As soon as that ride ended, I jumped out of the seat with lots of energy.

 

"This is one of the best moments of my life! Are you guys having fun too?" I asked to a group of tired members, who nodded reluctantly.

 

"I think we should join Dongwoon and buy some food for a little while." Hyunseung bleakly said, and we walked over to a much better looking Dongwoon. Dongwoon had stopped riding the rollercoaster with us after the second one as he had started to look green and about to throw up. We ordered candyfloss, popcorn, hot-dogs and every kind of food there was. They told me not to each too much, but I was suddenly so hungry so that I couldn't help but eat everything.

 

We rode a few other rides after that, such as the Ghost train which I found gave Kikwang the creeps, the Water Ride which soaked everyone and Teacups which was basically big teacups which spun round and round. After we got off that, the manager told us that we only had enough time for one more ride. There were a few more people at the amusement park, and the sky was growing lighter.

 

I looked around and then something big and round caught my eye. It glittered with lights and was something I'd never seen before. I pointed at it.

 

"Can we ride that?"

 

Junhyung's POV

 

I looked to see what Eunha was talking about. Out of all the rides, Eunha had chosen the ferris wheel, the most boring one. "Do we have to do that one?" I asked.

 

Yoseob nudged me. "Hey, this is your like 100th time while this is Eunha's first go. Let her ride it."

 

"Fine." I reluctantly agreed, and then paid the man. We sat down onto the old, unstable seats and the man pulled the handle in front of us. To my surprise, the rest of Beast just stood there, smiling.

 

"Aren't you going to ride with us?" I asked.

"No, we're a little tired. You guys go have fun," Doojoon slyly said, and I mentally cursed him. Of course they would put only me on my least favourite ride.

 

"Why do I have to be riding this then? I'm tired too!" I complained, seeing Eunha's amused face.

 

"Well someone has to go on with Eunha to give her help and you've been here the most. Enjoy!" They waved at us and before I could get out, the ferris wheel began to move. Sighing, I sat back down and tried to enjoy it.

 

We were quite high up in the air by now, and I had to admit that the scenery was beautiful. We could see all the buildings and city lights, and I could see why couples always came here.

 

"It's pretty isn't it." I tried to say something. Eunha hadn't said a word since we came on, and the silence was killing me. "The scenery, I mean." When she didn't respond, I turned to look at her to find her closing her eyes. She had a concentrated expression on her face, and I saw that her hands were wrapped around the handle bar, firmly.

 

"Why are you closing your eyes?"

 

"It's-it's kind of higher that I'd thought it would be." Eunha said quietly.

 

"It's not too bad actually, open your eyes." Eunha slowly did, and froze. "It's nothing to worry about, look down. See? Not too bad."

 

I'd thought that this would relax her but when she looked down her eyes went huge, and her grip tightened.

 

"Junhyung," she said as calmly as she could but I could hear her voice waver. "How long will this ride be?"

 

"Not too long, we're almost at the top right now." she relaxed at these words but suddenly the ferris wheel stopped, jerking us forward. The seat wobbled and I felt Eunha's hand grab my arm.

 

"Wh-what's going on?" she asked me shakily. I could tell that Eunha was truly terrified, her hand was shaking and she had her eyes closed again.

 

"The ferris wheel sometimes stops at the top; it'll be moving soon." I looked Eunha who was now looking pale. I began to grow anxious. "Are you okay?"

 

"I don't think so." she admitted, her nails starting to dig on. I winced, but let her pinch me.

 

"I don't get how you were fine on the rollercoasters, but this scares you." I mumured.

 

"This is different. The rollercoaster's so fast you can hardly tell you're high in the air. With this, your not only high in the air but your also up in the air for ages. I could drop right now, and there'd be nothing supporting me. We're like hundreds of feet off the ground right now-"

 

At that moment, the ferris wheel gave another bump and this time Eunha's other hand grabbed my hand. It felt as if I had been electrocuted; my hand tingled like crazy and my heart began to speed up.

 

"Ummm... we're moving down now." I looked down at Eunha to see that she was leaning into me, her head down. She was shaking, and I could feel her grip get tighter and tigher. My hand was so big in comparison to hers; she had tiny hands, that was swallowed up by mine. I felt a flutter as I saw this, and all I could think of was how small and close she was to me right now. Could she feel how fast my heart was beating?

 

She didn't answer but just stayed like that. We stayed in the same position the whole time the ferris wheel was going down, and it felt like hours were passing by as we just sat there. It wasn't until a few seconds later that I realised we were on the ground again.

 

"Eunha." I gently shook her. "We're on the ground now."

 

She slowly looked up and then immediately stood up, swaying a little. The rest of Beast came up to us, worried.

 

"Eunha, you don't look good.," Kikwang said concerned, frowning.

 

"Are you okay?" Doojoon asked, helping her out of the seat. As she got out of her seat dizzily, her hand slipped away from mine.

 

"I think so-" those were her last words, before she covered and began to throw up.

 

As the rest of the members rushed to her to help I stayed where I was, still sitting down in the seats. The hand she had held was still tingling, and I felt little hiccups in my stomach. I pulled my other hand to my cheeks which were burning up. I had never felt like this before.

 

What was this strange thing I was feeling, and why?