Chapter 10

On that day

Junhyung's POV

 

We were eating breakfast, still half asleep and in our pajamas when Doojoon's phone rang. 

 

"Hmm?" he looked confused, swallowing hard and then answering the phone. "Hello?"

 

I was talking to Hyunseung about the new dance routine when I heard Doojoon say, "Eunha?"

 

I immediately turned around to where Doojoon was, before realising what I'd done. In my defense, I hadn't been the only one to turn around as everyone slowly turned their attention to Doojoon, in interest. I didn't know that Doojoon had Eunha's cellphone number. 

 

"What's up?" he asked cheerfully, but his expression slowly changed until he was serious. "Are you okay? Where are you?" there was a buzzing noise from Eunha, and then Doojoon said "Okay, be there in 10 minutes stay right there." He went into the bedroom and came out carrying his jacket.

 

"Where are you going?" Hyunseung asked, while at the same time I asked, "What's wrong with Eunha?"

 

"We're going to get Eunha," he replied as he quickly put his jacket on. "The media found her."

 

Eunha's POV

 

I hung up with Doojoon, and then crounched on the ground while my teeth chattered violently. As soon I had realised what was going on, I immediately ran back into the shop, locking the door behind me and walked into the kitchen, past the toilet and to the back door. Making sure no one had followed me back, I went outside and hiding behind the bins, called Doojoon. Now that I knew that I would find some way to get home without being stalked by the media, I wondered to myself how this had been possible. There'd been hardly any people on the street when I'd arrived at Angel's Pizza, so how had so many people arrived there? 

 

My ex-boss, I realised, remembering his nervous, impatient behaviour and him calling up someone while bringing my check. Probably called them for buisness, or something like that. Plus there had been those people who had been staring at me on the bus. How could I have been so stupid?

 

I hadn't realised properly that people would know me now, even though Mr Hong had told me. The media and fans seemed like a completely different world to where I lived. It had been around three days since I saved Beast from that man, and I was already feeling as if my privacy was disappearing. I couldn't imagine how hard Beast had it, everyday. 

 

It was a while later when I heard suddenly loud shouting and talking with cameras clicking. Too curious, I slowly walked towards the main streets and was about to peer over the wall to see what was going on when a large and firm hand grabbed my wrist. 

 

Yoseob's POV 

 

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back before she went any further. "What do you think you're doing?"

 

Eunha's eyes were big as she stared at me, and then to the hand holding her wrist. Realising she might not be so comfortable with it, I let go and carried on. "If I hadn't stopped you, you would've been attacked with reporters again."

 

"I didn't realise..." Eunha could barely get her words out because her teeth were chattering like crazy. Seeing that she had goosebumps on her arms, I took off my jacket.

 

Before she could protest, I wrapped it around her and said, "Let's go. There's a car waiting for us." I walked beside her, walking slowly for her sakes, in case there was someone following us. Like yesturday night at our practice, there was a silence. There was something about Eunha and me, how whenever we were together there was this little awkward silence that never left.

 

"Are you feeling better?" Eunha suddenly asked, before her face turned pink. Her reaction made me smile, but inside I was wondering whether I had been that obvious.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked just out of plain curiousity, wondering how she'd respond.

 

"You were very quiet yesturday... I thought it might have been me..." she admitted, looking down. I looked at her and I could see what Junhyung saw in her; she was an interesting person, and had a strange beauty to her.

 

"I was a little...distracted yesturday," I found myself saying to my surprise. "There's been something in my mind, but that was just yesturday."

 

"Oh I see...I've never seen you smile properly either." Eunha was now looking down so far that I had a feeling that if she wasn't careful she was going to bang into something. "I don't mean to be rude, but you don't seem happy."

 

She surprised me by every sentence she spoke. She was right, I hadn't truely smiled in a while, and I wasn't as happy as I should have been. "It's just stress, it's giving me dark circles too." I pointed under my eyes and she slightly chuckled. We were inside a secluded carpark now, and I started walking over to a navy blue car with tinted windows.

 

"That's not the van you guys normally drive in is it?" Eunha asked.

 

"No, the rest of the guys are in that one. The shouts you heard before was them distracting the media for you. We had to borrow the manager's car." Eunha looked slightly surprised for a second, probably by what Doojoon, Hyunseung, Kikwang and Dongwoon had done for her and smiled to herself. Checking to see if anyone was around, I opened the door for Eunha to find Junhyung raging.

 

Junhyung's POV

 

"Took your freaking time, didn't you." I grumbled to Yoseob and Eunha. Eunha cheeks were pink from the cold and I saw that she was wearing Yoseob's jacket. If Yoseob could drive, I would be the one that would've given Eunha the jacket.

 

'Junhyung, calm down. You don't like this girl, remember?' I told myself.

 

"Sorry." Yoseob said, turning on the heat. "What happened to the rest of the guys?"

 

"They just came back into the guy, the media's probably trying to find Eunha now." I told him. Looking at Eunha in the back mirror, I could tell that she was still slightly frightened from the cameras and noise. You never really got over them.

 

When Eunha's eyes caught contact of mine, I quickly focused on turning the car on, and looked straight ahead of the road. I could feel my neck slightly heating up, but it might have been the heater doing it's work. What was wrong with me?

 

We soon arrived at the apartment, but I quickly realised that I had to take the car back to manager hyung's house, and then ride back home in the Beast van. Cursing myself inside my head, I told Yoseob and Eunha, annoyed, "You two better get out of the car now and walk back to the dorm since I have to go back to manager hyung's house." They nodded and I stopped for them as they got out. Yoseob poked his tongue at me and Eunha smiled, giving my stomache a little flip.

 

Stupid, stupid, Junhyung.

 

Sora's POV

 

I waved at Junhyung until all I could see was a little dot, and then walked with Yoseob. Junhyung was a little twitchy in the car, and when I found him looking at me for a second he quickly pretended that he hadn't been. It was actually kind of cute, to see mysterious Junhyung act like a child.

 

Deep in my thoughts, I hadn't realised that Yoseob had stopped walking. I stopped, and turned around to see Yoseob staring infront of him. Trying to see what he was looking at, I turned around again to find myself looking at the front entrance of the apartment, where a woman was standing. I couldn't exactly see how she looked as we were quite a distance away from her, but I could tell that she had short black hair, tall and was in her twenties. She was looking inside the glass door, then walking away from it, and then looking once more at the glass door. She must've felt someone staring at her, because she turned around and looked at Yoseob for a split second, before turning around and walking away, not returning this time.

 

"Jieun-" Yoseob stopped, and then just stared at where the woman had been standing. His eyebrows were wrinkled in frustration, and he was absent-mindedly biting his lip.

 

"Yoseob, do you know her?" I asked.

 

He stared a little more, before answering me. "No, I thought I did though. Let's go inside, it's cold." He began to walk again without waiting for me, and I quickly followed him from behind. I knew that he hadn't been honest, but it wasn't any of my buisness to ask him questions. The elevator trip was silent, and only the sound of our footsteps was breaking the ice. After he entered the password, we entered the dorm which was warm and nice.

 

"Well I'm going to take a nap, you can do whatever you like Eunha." Yoseob told me, while he tidied up the shoe pile. "Just don't go outside, in case there's more media people wanting to talk to you. Oh, I just remembered. We were wondering if you wanted to eat dinner with us tonight, because tomorrow we have to go to Japan." I suddenly remembered Doojoon telling me last night while I was still half asleep about how they were going to go to Japan for a few days so that I could do whatever I wanted to in the house. "It won't be anything special," he quickly added in case I misunderstood, "maybe pizza take-away... or maybe its black noodle night tonight..."

 

I laughed at his pondering, and he looked at me quizzed. "I would love to. Have a good rest Yoseob." He nodded, and then walked to his bedroom. Suddenly wanting to say something else, I shouted, "Yoseob?"

 

"Mmm?" Yoseob poked his head around the edge of the door.

 

"I had a good time talking to you today, I hope we can become friends." I blushed once again, punching myself inside my head for saying something so cheesy once again. Yoseob however nodded and faintly smiled, before replying, "I hope so too."

 

-

 

It was 8'oclock at night now, and I was talking to Mina on my computer which was in my room. Using a computer for the first time in ages, I was now addicted and laughing at something Mina had said when there was a knock in my room. I turned the computer screen off, and asked, "hello?"

 

Opening the door was Dongwoon, who forehead was now a stunning red colour. After the rest of the boys had came home, they had gone straight to practice and after that, had been playing games non-stop to which Dongwoon kept losing to and being punished for. Noticing that I was looking at his head, he covered it with his hands and blushing said, "We're ordering pizza now, is there any time that you like?"

 

I shook my head. "I don't mind anything."

 

"Well then just come out in 5 minutes to eat." After Dongwoon left, I told Mina I had to go and then turned the computer off. Going into the living room, I found Kikwang and Hyunseung laughing at something on tv, while Yoseob was punishing Dongwoon again. Going to the kitchen, I asked Doojoon whether there was anything I could help him with.

 

"If you got the cups and drink that would be nice," Doojoon told me. Glad to help, I picked up 3 cups in each hand but accidentally knocked over the coke bottle.

 

'Oh ,' I thought to myself but suddenly Junhyung was there, with it in his hand.

 

"Careful," Junhyung scolded me as he took three cups from me. "Your very clumsy."

 

I poked my tongue at him, and then grabbed a extra cup for myself. Junhyung was looking at what I was wearing and told me, "Your still wearing Seobie's jacket."

 

I looked down; he was right. "Oh, I forgot. I should return it to him."

 

"You still haven't returned mine, you jacket thief." he teased and I looked at him in confused. "You know, the one I gave you yesturday night at practice?" Oh, the one I had slept with.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll return that as soon as I find it in my wardrobe." I apologised, to which Junhyung just laughed at. We returned to the table and began to eat the pizza which had just arrived.

 

"I would like to make a toast; for Beast to have a safe trip to Japan tomorow, and for Eunha's second day here!" Doojoon raised his cup of coke.

 

"Here here!" The rest of the members of Beast chanted, and then drinked it all in one go, pulling a face afterwards. While they were talking I decided to give Yoseob his jacket back when I felt something inside his pocket. Pulling it out, I found that it was his cellphone which I had accidentally opened. Before I could stop myself to read what was on the screen, I saw that he had a message with nothing on it but was addressed to someone called 'Jieun.' Quickly putting his phone back into his pocket, I gave Yoseob his jacket back to which he thanked me, before talking to Junhyung again. I bit my lip, and then looked at Yoseob.

 

Who was this mysterious 'Jieun'?