Day’n Night

Writings

Day’n Night

-

Why is Baekhyun back?

 

Chanyeol just stands there in a flood of shock and surprise and anger, and he stares at the pretty young boy who stands in front of him, smiling as if he had never left at all. Chanyeol, though, won’t forget his sudden and heartbreaking departure as easily, and he grabs Baekhyun by the collar, pushing him roughly against the wall. But Baekhyun still holds that strange type of power over Chanyeol, and soon (Chanyeol really doesn’t know how it happened), somehow, he is giving Baekhyun his old room back and, somehow, Baekhyun has slipped through all his questions.

 

He questions this reappearance, of course, but what can he do? Baekhyun is back, and with his arrival any free will Chanyeol might have had. It’s not Baekhyun’s fault - no, not at all. But Chanyeol finds himself a willing and obedient slave when Baekhyun calls, and he is helpless in doing whatever Baekhyun wants in an instant.

 

The day Chanyeol thinks he might finally have Baekhyun back for good, they are shopping in a small street when a gang materializes from a side alley and corners them. This gang, Chanyeol knows them, and they’ve been after him for years because of an offense his father committed long ago. His father might be dead now, but his son, they reason, is always around to pay the price. Chanyeol thinks only of Baekhyun, and pushes the slight male behind him. Baekhyun, though, only shakes his head and then steps back out.

 

“Chanyeol, no.”

 

And he walks away, towards the gang, and then right through the gang, who has cleared a path for him, and he doesn’t look back. The gang leader pats him on the shoulder and hands him a briefcase, filled with probably all sorts of riches Chanyeol can only imagine.

 

“Baek...”

 

And finally, Chanyeol understands. Stupid, Chanyeol. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Without a second thought, he had let Baekhyun slip back into his heart and take control, and now he’s paying for it, he’s paying for being so open, so needy, and so vulnerable.

 

When the terrible lash of betrayal hits, it is nothing compared to the pain of the second heartbreak; heartbreak for the same person.

 

So when the gang turns to Chanyeol, he doesn’t resist, because all that’s left of him is Baekhyun in his head, swirling round and round and round and round...

 

The day Chanyeol thinks he might finally have Baekhyun back for good, he slips away again.

 

-