Chapter 19- Planning

Romance in High School

"Hope that was enough to fill all you piggy bellies! Anyway, our second activity today will be...." Mr Yang paused for a while.

"Erm hope you guys aren't too tired but we will be having a competition! A singing competition in fact! Form your own groups and sign up on this form here! Every single person over here must join do you understand me? Tonight you guys will use this time to plan and practise, and we will hold the competition tomorrow after dinner! Good luck and have fun~" Mr Yang finished before passing the form to one of our classmates, asking her to pass it around. 

"GIRL POWER GIRLS COME ON LET'S FORM A TEAM TO CHALLENGE THE GUYS!" Bom announced as we all laughed.

"YEAH BOM! We girls are going to rock the stage okay." CL added with that fierce charisma of hers. 

"Come on let's go sign up now!" Dara pulled her little group towards wherever that form was while we were just standing here trying to make sense of everything. 

"Wait so they're challenging us? Pft such an unfair fight. We'll win of course that goes without saying." Taeyang commented while Daesung nodded.

"Come on guys we need to win! I'm not called Seungri for no reason!" Seungri added while we rushed to fill in the form, feeling all pumped up and ready to roll. 

DARA'S POV:

"Okay so...." CL sat us down while we started to discuss on which song to do for the competition.

"I figured we should do an original song that no one has ever heard before. So that means we shall write our song!" CL exclaimed excitedly.

"but we only have tonight to practice and rehearse!" Bom reminded CL of the time limitation.

"Not a problem I've written a song that you guys and only you guys heard before! And I have the music right in my phone! i wrote it! you guys probably don't remember but does 'gotta be you' sound familiar?" CL raised an eyebrow looking for our reactions.

"OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT SONG YESH. that's the best song I've ever heard, Chaerin-ah! You are the best composer everrrrr!" Minzy hugged CL tightly while Bom and me nodded our head enthusiastically.

"Okay so here's the plan..." CL started while we leaned our heads in to listen.

TAEYANG'S POV:

"Hey let's do Justin Bieber's baby!" i suggested, earning shakes of the head from the group.

"NO WAY!" GD dismissed my idea before he started to lead the group.

"I was thinking that we should do something original that matches our style and our voices... And remember that song that me and TOP wrote before? 'Bad boy'? sounds a teensy bit familiar?" GD did a tiny little hum before he stopped while Seungri clapped his hands and confidently said that he knew it.

"erm... can you sing it for us again?" I asked while Daesung nodded.

GD started the song while we just went with the flow and finished the song as the lyrics were refreshed in our minds.

"good choice Ji!" Daesung patted his back while GD beamed with happiness.

"hmm how about our group name?" TOP asked while we all scratched our heads.

"Big Bang? like you know, cus we are gonna leave a mindblowing image of us after we finish and we will leave a big 'bang' on the stage?" Daesung suggested as he scratched his head. 

"just an idea guys haha it's a bit weird but I think it's okay. i think." Daesung continued.

"that's a great name Dae!" all of us agreed immediately. 

"okay so now let's get to work." 

AUTHOR'S POV:

Whispers can be heard everywhere as everyone busied themselves with forming a group and planning their competition item.

"Okay I've thought of some moves for the song! so you sweep your arms to the right then to the left for this part!" Minzy could be heard explaining to her group members the steps she choreographed.

"Try it a pitch higher." GD could be heard training his group's vocal cords.

"no no no it's not like that!" Gummy could be heard at a side correcting her group members.

Mr Yang watched his class get busy while he made a call to some managers.

"Yoboseyo?" The person on the other line answered the call.

"Annyeong! YG here, this is a reminder that the performance will be at Jeju Islands tomorrow at 7pm. Alright! Yup! Some of these young teenagers are really talented, I promise! Thank you for making the effort to come!" YG ended the call, smiling to himself as he thought of the lucky few that might get selected.

BOM'S POV:

Oh my god. What is this step. I'm such a big dork when it comes to dancing. 

"Come Bom! It goes like this!" Minzy taught me patiently while I tried to catch the steps, at the same time Dara and CL were dancing like pros at the side, singing in the meantime.

What if I bring my whole group down? What if. I make my whole group fail? What if. I forget my steps and lyrics? 

I want Mr Yang to give us at least a day to plan this! I mean like, only tonight and tomorrow morning? It's so little time to put together a competition piece!

"I want Mr Yang to postpone the competition till night time." I blurted out while my group mates stared at me.

"Why, Bommie?" Dara glanced at me with a questioning look.

"I can't perfect the dance steps, I can't hit the right note, I can't do anything right! I'm so scared I'll bring you girls down with me..." I told them, almost breaking into tears.

"Bommie! Don't worry about bringing us down or what not! You're an amazing singer! You always hit the right note! And dance is just an extra thing! The most important thing is we enjoy ourselves on stage!" CL exclaimed as she tried to comfort me.

"True words spoken by a great leader." Dara nodded her head and Minzy just nodded her head vigorously.

"Are you guys sure?" I asked, drying up the tears with my hand.

"Never have I been so sure, Bommie-ah." CL said as she pulled me in for a group hug.

"Come let's keep trying okay Bom?" Minzy led me while I followed.

"Yeah that's it! You got it!" Minzy exclaimed as she clapped her hands excitedly as I grinned.

"We gon rock the stage gurl!" I said, as I teasingly made a 'swag' hand sign that made the rest laugh.

We are so going to win those guys. HA.