Date on the Lake

Love Chooses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 23[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Date on the Lake[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Minah walked towards the canoeing shack on the far end of the beachside. Baekhyun had asked her if she wanted to go canoeing with him, and she happily agreed.

As she neared the dock, she could see a couple preparing to head out on the lake in a paddle-boat. "Finally I get to do this," a female voice could be heard.

Minah lifted one hand to shield her eyes from the sun and squinted.

As they were about to leave, Seohyun felt a hand slip into hers. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Holding your hand, what does it look like?" Luhan replied, interlacing their fingers.

"But someone has to steer the boat," Seohyun pointed out, nudging the gear with their interlocked hands.

Luhan coughed awkwardly. "Oh, right," he smiled sheepishly, letting go.

Minah smiled as their interaction brought up memories from the past. Holding your hand, what does it look like?

Similar words echoed in her mind.

***flashback***

Minah was walking around the park near the campus, gazing at her surroundings. She had to go around and take pictures of what inspires her for a project in composition class, and Luhan was her partner.

The first place she wanted to go to was the park since she'd often go there to sit on the swing and just write in her little notebook.

She lifted up the camera to attempt to take a photo of what she called her 'safe haven,' but she didn't really know how to work the darn thing.

Luhan saw her struggling and he went up behind to help. He held onto the camera over her small hands and peered over her shoulder.

Minah was startled at his sudden action, especially since he was practically hugging her from behind, and her head was right by hers. "W-what are you doing?" she stuttered.

"Helping you adjust the focus, what does it look like?" Luhan replied casually, pressing buttons on the camera. "There," he smiled, let go of the camera and stepped back. "All you have to do is press the button on the top right."

"Alright...t-thanks," Minah muttered, lifting up the camera to hide the blush on her cheeks.

***end of flashback***

"Minah-ya!"

She snapped out of her daze and turned in the direction of the voice. "Oh, oppa!"

Baekhyun came over to her and handed her a lifejacket. "Here. This is the smallest non-kid size they have," he teased.

"Tch," Minah scoffed, taking it. "And let me guess, you're probably wearing one for girls since the male jackets are too big for a scrawny boy like you," she laughed.

"Oh, why did you squeal last time you saw me shirtless then?" Baekhyun pointed out, bringing up that incident again.

Minah flushed. "Duh, I was disgusted by your lack of muscles," she lied, slipping on her lifejacket.

"So you admit you were checking me out," Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up and let's go already!" Minah blurted, running over to the dock.

Baekhyun chuckled and followed her. Just as the resort's staff on duty was going to help her into the canoe, Baekhyun pulled her back. "Wait," he said, adjusting her lifejacket and tightening the straps a bit. "There," he smiled.

Minah stepped into the canoe with the help of one of the staff members in charge. "Thank you..." she read his nameplate, "Hyunwoo-ssi."

"No problem, that's why I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter