Chapter 7

Differences Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter Seven

  "One year's rent in advance?!"

Kris was in shock on their way to Lay&Krystal's new home. "Does he think his dad owns the place?"

"No, he does," Lay said.

"And where will you get the money from?" Kris raised an eyebrow, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I encashed my bonds," Lay confessed.

"WHAT?!" Kris yelled suddenly, startling Lay. He halted in his steps. "You saved that money to star your own restaurant," Kris grabbed his hair in frustration.

"I know," Lay sighed.

"And how is Krystal getting the money?" Kris turned to his friend.

"She's taking a loan with her salary," Lay sighed.

"I hope you guys know what you're doing. All this is happening so fast," Kris pat Lay's back, hoping to assure him.

"Are you really saying this? One afternoon you meet five girls: next morning you've married one of them," Lay eyed Kris.

"And I'm regretting it now. You don't know these girls! Firstly, their logic switch is permanently off. And if they ever switch it on by mistake, the regulator always stays on zero," Kris laughed, and Lay looked him dead in the eye.

"But that's true," Kris lowered his voice.

When they've arrived, there's Dara's voice, "Soojung, where do you want..." However, she was soon cut off when she saw Kris getting down from the car. Kris tried to avoid the girl's gaze as he walked slowly, almost reluctantly towards Dara.

Lay approached Krystal directly, almost treating Dara and Kris as nonexistent.  "Has all the stuff arrived?" Krystal looked at the male.

"Everything," Lay nodded as they carried the boxes of items to the place. As Lay was about to hang the picture of Muhammad Ali in the living room, Krystal halted and looked at him. "Is this... staying up there?"

"Yes, why?" 

"Ummm....nothing. lt's very nice," Krystal forced smile.

"You're right. I'll put it up in my bedroom," Lay was about to take the picture down when Kris yelled from outside. "Lay!"

"We are moving back together~" Dara singsonged,  now holding hands with Kris. They swung their hands as they skipped back when Kris tripped on his own feet. "Oh my God! Are you okay, podgy?" Asked Dara worriedly, concern filling her face as she helped Kris up.

"l'm all right," Kris flashed her a smile and he swiped dirt off his clothes.

"Okay. Soojung, guess what..." Dara ran to Krystal as Lay strode towards Kris.

"You okay, podgy?" Lay imitated Dara cheekily, and they both burst into fits of laughter. "So, she turned her logic switch on?" Lay asked.

"No, I turned mine off," Replid Kris proudly and Lay give him strange look.

"Thought so," Lay nodded. "So the divorce is cancelled?" 

"Absolutely. Cancel, cancel, cancel," The other grinned.

"Until when?"

"Forever. But still, please keep a room for me. You never know when she'll kick me out," Kris' voice turned into a harsh hiss.

"Sorry buddy, that's Krystal's room," Lay patted his friend's back.

"What do you mean?" Kris was confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter