Chapter 3

Differences Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter Three

  "Obviously you're not gaping like that at my food, right?"

Lay asked Kris when he saw his friend looking at the bridesmaid in the wedding. Kris was staring at them with an intense gaze, almost drooling actually. They're finally at the wedding and the wedding was simple yet still beautiful. With pink and white colors with the blue sea behind them, it matched with the beautiful bride and cute groom perfectly.

"My palm is itching. I have a feeling that the line of romance is finally emerging," Kris commented, still looking at the bridesmaid.

"Congratulations. Who've you fallen for now ?" Asked Lay while arranging the food.

"All five. I'm going to try for all five of them. I'll drop my handkerchief and pick it up saying 'Excuse me, I think you dropped this.' and give it to them." Kris smiled proudly.

Lay looked at Kris with a strange look and said, "Kris, it has your name on it."

"Damn it!" Cursed Kris, but (still) he continued, "Yes! Then I'll drop it, pick it up and say, 'It's mine, would you like to keep it?" And the tall boy smiled proudly again. 

Lay gave him another "WTF" look before turning away from him. "Okay, well I have a lot of work to do now." He was just about to return to his job, when a child snuck up on the table, taking a bread from his decoration.

"Oi! Drop that!" Yelled Lay, glaring at the boy.

"Why should I?" Asked the naughty child.

"Because it's not lunch-time yet. And you're spoiling my arrangement," Said Lay, frustrated.

"Buzz off." The child rolled his eyes and ran away.

"You..." Lay began, but his hand was pulled away by Kris.

 "What're you doing? He's just a little kid." Said Kris.

"That's the problem. Why do people have kids? Why can't we just be born adults? Irritating little creatures," Lay gave a disgusted face.

After Kris left to do his 'lover-finding' mission, Lay busily wandered around to check that the food was okay. As he continued his job, he saw a girl, one of the bridesmaid, and he just couldn't stop looking at her; the girl with her icy look and big hazel eyes. When Tiffany threw the bouquet, she didn't catch it, but she just smiled. 

Meanwhile, Kris was busy talking to a Japanese girl.

 "Hello," Said Kris and the girl bowed, and Kris bowed, and the girl bowed again, and Kris bowed again while murmuring "She's going to break my back." Before he straightened up, she left. So Kris went back to Lay again.

"Any luck ?" asked Lay.

"Lesbians. The first one said we've never met before, the second one said the handkerchief wasn't her's, the third one said 'Thank you' then took it and left. And lastly, the Japanese girl. First she bowed, then I bowed, then she bowed again, so I bowed again. But before I straightened up, she was gone," Kris huffed.

Lay laughed hearing his bestfriend's stories "Mind-blowing. So who's left?"

"That Korean girl," Pointed Kris to the girl that Lay was looking at. The pretty girl was now dancing with her friends. And that girl was....... Krystal.

"She's quite hot," Lay nodded.

"Yes and very smart. She's studying to be a surgeon. She's in college with Tiffany." added Kris.

"You've obviously done your research," Lay inquired.

Kris nodded and said "Especially her. Because you've been staring at her for so long."

"I don't know dude, there's something about her. There is, there is..." said Lay, while staring at her.

"Why don't you ask her for a dance?" asked Kris.

Lay looked at him, "Really?"

"You must. Go for it," said Kris again, but after Lay left suddenly Kris asked. "Oye... chef or architect?"

"I think chef's cooler." Replied Lay, but Kris shook his head.

"She's going to be a surgeon."

"Architect then."

"Good choice." said Kris and gave him a thumbs up.

Lay went to Krystal who was bringing some drinks and smile, "Need some help, missy?" Smiled Lay, his famous dimples showing.

"I give a very good foot massage, you know. Really, I have like a black belt in foot massaging." Lay tried again as he was ignored.

Krystal looked at him and took the drink. "Really? And how many girls have you tried that line on?" She asked with a smile.

"We're all born with certain qualities." said Lay and took the seat next to her. "You're beautiful, and I give good foot massage. Nice dodge of the bouquet, by the way." said Lay.

"You noticed?" Asked Krystal, her eyes widening.

"Quite impressive. They say that if you catch the bouquet, you're next in line to get married though."

"I know. That's why I didn't take the chance," Replied Krystal with a chuckle.

"You have a problem with marriage?" asked Lay in surprise.

"Just a small one." said Krystal.

"What is it?"

"Husbands," Whispered Krystal and then she laughed.

"So you're going to be a surgeon?" Asked Lay, trying to lead her away from the conversation

"Is the news out already ?" Asked Krystal.

"My friend over there... Kris," Lay pointed to Kris and Kris gave them awkward smile before waving at Krystal. "He keeps a tab on all the pretty girls."

"You're trying to give me a compliment?" Chuckled Krystal.

"You noticed? Quite impressive," Lay then he stood up and give his hand to Krystal. "You wanna dance?"

"I'm sorry, my shoes hurt," Krystal refused with a smile.

"So leave them here."

"Don't be silly," said Krystal looked at Lay with strange look.

"No, I'm serious. Come on, I'll take mine off as well." and Lay took off his shoes and give his hand to Krystal again. "Come on." Lay smiled as this time, his hand was accepted.

While dancing, Krystal said, "A friend of mine keeps tabs on all the handsome boys too. Funny, she never mentioned someone like you. What's your name?"

"Lay," And Krystal suddenly stops dancing.

"Why? It's a nice name." said Lay, defensively.

"And, what do you do?" asked Krystal.

"I'm an architect." replied Lay.

"Architect?" Asked Krystal, still unsure.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter