ix

15 Boys, 24 Hours


"Oh crap," Jisoo clutched his heart as it beated faster.

Junghan felt faint as he fanned himself with his hand.

"Hey!" Seungcheol tried to run after the boy, but he was too fast for him. Dongjin ran and turned the corner, never to be seen ever again. The older one's chest heaved up and down. "Dammit."

"What do we do now?" Soonyoung asked, wildly looking around.

"We follow him, obviously." Seungcheol began jogging toward the direction where the boy had fled.

The other members followed Seungcheol, not knowing where they were being led to.

"Where are we—"  Mingyu began.

He was interrupted by a scream from behind. Mingyu unexpectedly whipped out his knife and plunged it in whoever was behind him in a split second. 

Wownoo froze as the knife slowly pierced through his neck.

Mingyu and Wonwoo made eye contact, as both of their eyes widened, both of their mouths were gaped open.

The rest of the members gasped as Mingyu threw the knife, along with Wonwoo's body against the wall. He looked down at his hands, which were stained with Wonwoo's blood. Shaking, he slowly fell to his knees. "What have I done.."

Soonyoung was about to make a witty remark but Seungcheol asked, "Why did you have that knife in your pocket in the first place?"

"Self defense," he muttered.

Seungcheol looked him in the eye for a long, long time. Breaking away, Seungcheol quietly said, "Okay."

"You guys think it was my intention to kill you guys, right? I wasn't planning to kill you guys!" Mingyu spluttered out.

"No," Junghan and Jisoo shook their heads at the same time.

"Of course not. If you hadn't brought the knife, we'd be all dead," Soonyoung pointed out.

Hansol was still looking over at Wonwoo.

Seungcheol didn't say anything.

Mingyu stared at Seungcheol, his eyes begging, trying to persuade the older boy that it wasn't his intention to murder.

"I guess Wonwoo's dead now," Soonyoung looked over at Wonwoo with the knife still in his throat. There was a huge pool of blood around him. His clothes and skin were stained with his own blood.

"I'm sorry," Mingyu whispered, fighting back the tears.


Junghan seemed uneasy through the journey of finding the murderers. The remaining murderers were the two youngest members and one of the oldest: Chan, Dongjin, and Doyoon.

"That boy who was selling food during a day like this," Jisoo shielded his eyes from the sun.

"What time is it?" Soonyoung asked.

"About one in the afternoon," Hansol said.

"And we're still alive! Woohoo!" Mingyu attempted to cheer up the crowd who was still not over Wonwoo's death, and obviously the other deaths. 

"Junghan, you okay?" Jisoo glanced over at his friend who had a worried look on his face.

The friend darted his eyes at the road, "Oh, yeah. I'm just.. scared."

"We all are," Seungcheol said, looking everywhere, even in the smallest places where Chan may be hiding in. 

After looking around some more, they decided to stop. Seungcheol grabbed the tiny notebook out from his pocket and handed Junghan the pen, along with the notebook. "Hey can you write that Wonwoo died and who killed him?"

"W-why me?" Junghan stuttered.

"Just write it," Seungcheol felt his pant pockets for something as Junghan started writing as fast as he could.

"Damn I can't find it," Seungcheol muttered. He grabbed the notebook from Junghan and smiled, thanking him. He then handed it to Hansol and told him to confirm the deaths and murderers. As soon as Hansol got down to the last pair, Mingyu shut his eyes, waiting for his name to come out of the younger's lips.

But it never came.

Stunned, Hansol's mouth gaped open. 

"What?" Junghan rested his chin, reading the names. He suddenly realized as he looked up at the pair above, then at the one that he wrote. Slapping it down, Junghan muttered cuss words.

"Exactly," Seungcheol folded his arms over his chest.

"Exactly what?" Jisoo asked.

"It wasn't.. Chan who killed Seunggwan.." Hansol began.

"It was Junghan." Seungcheol comfirmed.

"What? No!" Jisoo defended.

"Let me explain," Seungcheol said, clearing his throat. "Look.. I've been looking around the dorm.. practice room.. everywhere. Let me tell you, I saw old essays from Chan back in the first year of secondary school. I saw various crumpled pieces of papers, index cards, any kind of material that you can write on sprawled around it. Junghan was trying to forge Chan's writing. He must've gotten used to it because he wrote exactly like Chan, blaming the boy that he was the murderer."

"He was with me the whole time!" Jisoo cut him off, "He couldn't have hung Seunggwan!"

"You didn't let me finish." Seungcheol dragged his eyes, looking at Mingyu square in the eye, then Soonyoung. "He couldn't have hung him.. because.. he had someone to help him. And the only people who are alive right now that went to the practice room with Seunggwan are.."

"Mingyu and Soonyoung," Hansol finished off, in shock.

"What if Wonwoo did it? You know.." Jisoo said quietly.

Junghan shot him a glare as he quickly hid behind Seungcheol.

"No.. Wonwoo was aiming for someone else.. not Seunggwan." Seungcheol glanced at Mingyu, then back at Soonyoung, and then back and forth.

"I was almost dead, okay?" Soonyoung raised his hands in the air, showing off his bandages.

"And that's why.. the person who helped Junghan kill Seunggwan is.. Mingyu."

Everyone's eyes landed on the tall boy.

He had his hands raised up in the air, with a knife in his hand. 

Jisoo darted his eyes at Junghan. "Why? Why did you make Mingyu kill Seunggwan? That isn't fair, man."

"I too was jealous," Junghan admitted, "I was jealous of his.. vocals. Seunggwan was always a loud kid, gifted with such a beautiful, strong voice. My voice? It's not that great compared to his. It's weak, quiet, and just horrible. Seunggwan would always be hogging lessons with the vocal teacher, since my lessons are right after his. He would always make me wait, getting the more practice and everything. I hated it. There were at times when I thought of choking him with my bare hands. This, as the others have said, was a great opportunity to get revenge."

"Revenge won't feel that good afterwards," Jisoo pointed out.

"I know and I understand," Junghan nodded. 

"To be honest, I kind of agree with Junghan. Seunggwan does hog the lessons with the teacher. He'd always come super early when I'm in the middle of my lesson, demanding me to get out," Soonyoung frowned. "But I wouldn't kill him for that."

Junghan lost it. "You guys don't understand! You imbeciles! You.." 

The older one started cussin, mixing cuss words together, not making sense at all. Jisoo had a worried look on his face.

"He's as mental as Wonwoo," Jisoo whispered to Seungcheol.