v

15 Boys, 24 Hours


“!” was the first word Doyoon said right after he got attacked. He swung the bat and it seemed to hit a solid object. Doyoon staggered away from the door, pushing Hansol away. Hansol chickened out and ran away to who knows where. Probably back to the fort with the others. Doyoon stood far away from the doorway, alert. He saw that there was human blood on his bat. Fresh blood, to be specific.

 

Doyoon stepped inside and the light, seeing three people lay unconscious on the floor. He called Hansol in but then suddenly remembered that Hansol ran away. Doyoon muttered the words “” over and over again until he decided to text Seungcheol to come quickly.

 

A few minutes later, Seungcheol came in along with Jisoo and Junghan. The three examined the unconscious bodies carefully. Doyoon studied Mingyu who was sprawled onto the floor as if he had fallen trying to crawl away. His leg looked twisted and it was awful. Mingyu's face was flat on the floor with a bloody trail behind him. It was as if he had died trying; he wasn't dead yet. Just unconscious.

 

Soonyoung looked as if he was brutally cut with the red, straight marks on his arm. The cuts were freshly made and Soonyoung seemed to be in pain. His eyebrows were arched up and he was clutching his wrist. Seungcheol removed Soonyoung's arm as he winced in pain. Someone had deeply cut Soonyoung in the wrist where his veins were. The bleeding wasn't going to stop and Seungcheol could see blood pumping out of his skin. As disgusting as it sounded, Seungcheol didn't know how he could help. His cheeks were also cut up and there was a tiny cut above his eye, as if someone had tried to stab his eyes out. Soonyoung groaned, in great pain. The older wished he could help, but he had nothing with him right now.

 

Jisoo and Junghan examined Wonwoo who thrown into the corner. There was a huge bruise on his cheek and he had been hit somewhere on the head as blood dripped down to his forehead, onto the floor. Junghan shut his eyes and tried to find Wonwoo's pulse. It was still beating. Sighing with relief, Junghan noticed, “Where's Seunggwan?”

 

“Seunggwan did this,” Jisoo declared.

 

“Now now, don't jump to conclusions,” Doyoon said, explaining his thinking of when he found Seokmin. “Seunggwan could be hidden in the closet for all we know.”

 

“But there's no closet in here,” Junghan whispered.

 

“There's.. that room..” Doyoon stared at the door. Behind that door was a small room where the members would chill in or where Jihoon or Junhui would play piano in.

 

Seungcheol crept toward the door, picking up the bat. As he swung the door open, Seungcheol swung the bat.


Hansol ran as fast as he could back to the dorm. As he ran past the dark kitchen, seeing the spot of where Junhui once stood, ran past the laundry room, and banged the door where the three were camped out at.

 

“Let me in!” Hansol shouted continously as he kicked the door. Surprisingly, the door was open. Hansol muttered, “What the .”

 

As he opened the door, the lights were on. There he saw Dongjin with the knife in his hands. His eyes were wide and blood was stained all over his face and hands. Mostly his hands. He looked up at Hansol with a terrified look on his face. Hansol was aghasted. His eyes traveled down to the body next to Dongjin's foot. He was small and his body was hidden underneath a blanket.

 

Hansol approached Dongjin and the dead body as he touched the tip of the blanket.

 

“Don't,” Dongjin said, “Or I will stab you.”

 

“Dongjin, why?” Hansol said, raising his hands up in the air.

 

“I-I don't know.. I guess.. it was out of panic..” Dongjin stuttered through several words. His voice was shaky and his eyes were in tears.

 

“Liar.” Hansol took a deep breath. “It was probably out of jealousy. You're not that irrational, Dongjin. I know that.”

 

Dongjin lowered his head down, falling to his knees.

 

Hansol removed the blanket and found a blonde boy, curled into a ball. He must have been clutching his stomach when he was alive to try to stop the bleeding, but he didn't make it. His bloody hand fell to his side.

 

Lee Jihoon was dead.

 

He wasn't moving at all and he had bled really bad. Hansol stood there, paralyzed. He was in distressed and wasn't sure if he should run away or..

 

“Look, can you keep this a secret? Hide the evidence? Burn the body? Please don't tell anyone a-and I won't kill anyone else. Please.” Dongjin begged. He nearly got on his knees. As Dongjin dropped the knife, Hansol took a step back.

 

“Can you tell me why you killed Jihoon though?”

 

“It's just that..” Dongjin didn't know how to explain it, “It's just that.. I get jealous.. of his..”

 

“His..?” Hansol waited for an answer.

 

By the look on Dongjin's face, Hansol knew that the little boy was too embarrassed to say it. It took him time to say it. “It's because.. I get jealous of his.. fair skin. There I said it okay.”

 

Dongjin turned around as Hansol stared at him with a blank face, “Really?”

 

“And how people called him cute. Isn't the youngest supposed to be cute? I'm cute, right?”

 

Hansol nodded slowly, “Yes.. you are cute..”

 

“Yes, thank you. Can you help me burn the body? Please? And hide the evidence?”

 

Hansol glanced at the clock. It was almost six in the morning. They had seventeen hours left until the day was over. Half of the members were injured, a few were dead. “No.. I can not..”

 

Hansol turned around and ran away, leaving Dongjin and dead Jihoon behind.

 

He stopped in his tracks and asked himself, “Where's Chan?”


The bat banged against the door and there he saw Seunggwan hanging from the lights. He was swinging back and forth slowly. Blood had spilled everywhere especially from his pants. A wet bloody spot stained his hands as Seungcheol looked down. He saw the worst thing that he had ever seen in his life. Seungcheol closed the door, leaving Seunggwan hanging there.