viii

15 Boys, 24 Hours


"I'm scared," Junghan muttered, walking behind Jisoo. The memebers were now pacing around the room, being alert on almost everything. 

"You're not the only one," Seungcheol muttered. He was stressing over about how Doyoon was the first one to kill a member. His best friend, his brother, Doyoon is a murderer. Seungcheol planned to write it down in that small notebook that he had found in the infirmary, but turns out, someone had already written it there. But who? He couldn't recognized the writing. For now, he was just going to leave it unknown.

Flipping through the pages, Seungcheol scanned through his list:

Died: Junhui
Murderer: Doyoon

Died: Mingming
Murderer: Seokmin

Died: Seokmin
Murderer: Seokmin

Seungcheol's eyes enlarged, making him scream at the other members, frightening them. "Alright, who put Lee Chan as the murderer for Seunggwan?!"


All the members gathered around the small room in the practice room, where Seunggwan had died. Jisoo and Junghan had courageously scrubbed the blood off and cleaned any bloody marks on the wall. 

"I feel like Seunggwan will haunt this room," Junghan whispered.

"Don't get paranoid," Jisoo warned.

The room could surprisingly fit six people in there. Seungcheol, Soonyoung, Junghan, Jisoo, Mingyu, and Hansol surrounded Seungcheol with the door behind him, locked.

"Can we just stay in here like, forever?" Mingyu asked. 

"What time is it?" Seungcheol asked quickly, peering over the door to see if it was locked.

"Almost noon," Soonyoung answered immediately.

"Okay, so who wrote that Chan was the one who murdered Seunggwan?" Seungcheol asked.

No one answered.

"Whoever tells me, I promise you will not get punished."

Silence.

"It can't be Chan! He's gone missing!" Hansol blurted out.

Junghan shouted, "It's Wonwoo. He even stabbed a damn blade into my shoulder!"

"It's definitely Wonwoo." Jisoo nodded along.

"You know.. Chan has gone missing.. and well.. we don't know about his whereabouts. Maybe him and Wonwoo joined forces and—" Mingyu began.

"Would you should up?! My best friend, Seunggwan had died! And my other best friend, Chan, is accused of murder!" Hansol began tearing up.

"Exactly. That's it," Soonyoung said.

"What's it?" Junghan turned toward Soonyoung.

Seungcheol, on the other hand, was rubbing his temples. 

"That word. 'Best friend'," Soonyoung said.

"I think I know what you're thinking, Soonyoung," Seungcheol tapped the side of his head, "Continue on."

"Maybe.. Chan killed Seunggwan because he was jealous of the relationship between him and Hansol. You know, just like Doyoon and Dongjin, they were jealous of something."

"Soonyoung shut up."

"Okay."

"No, I have a feeling Soonyoung is right." Mingyu added, "You have too many best friends."

"Shut up!"

"No, it's Wonwoo." Jisoo and Junghan said in unison.

"Shut up!" Seungcheol barked, making the other members silent. He turned the notebook around so that everyone was leaning their face into it. "Who's writing is this?"

"Don't know," most of them replied. The only person who didn't say anything was Hansol. He had his mouth gaped open.

"It's Lee Chan's handwriting, right? Lee Chan is a murderer." Seungcheol stared straight into Hansol's eyes.

All Hansol could do was nod.

"Now," Seungcheol cleared his throat, "Is any one else a murderer in this room?"

No one raised their hands.

"Are you sure?" Seungcheol asked, raising a brow.

"We're sure," Mingyu confirmed.

"I believe you," Seungcheol stood up and unlocked the door. He turned around to the members with a devilish grin on his face, "Let's find the run-away murderers."


The hallways were empty and seemed haunted.  All the scared members clung into Seungcheol's shirt or arm.

Mingyu whispered, "Isn't that.. a bit risky?"

"What are we going to do with them when we get them?" Junghan asked from behind Jisoo.

Seungcheol replied, "We'll see. They might kill us first."

Soonyoung and Hansol gulped.

The six members went outside and was greeted by dark clouds rolling in.

Seungcheol looked up at the sky, "They said it's going to rain soon."

The stentch of rotting bodies and blood filed the air. There were dead, blood corpses laying around the streets, sidewalk, and even tied to the lamp posts. They heard shouts coming from mostly female voices.

They passed by a teenager who had a knife in her hands and stared down at the corpse with no sympathy at all. 

"Nice way of killing you got there," Junghan said, as he passed by. 

"Thanks. I killed my twin sister," the mysterious teenager eyed the broken glasses besides her.

"Oookay then.. I did not need to know that," Junghan said, rushing to Jisoo's side. They left the girl muttering something about killing her twin sister's friend.

The six passed by a brick wall that had something written on it with blood. A brick wall that grabbed their attention, that is.

On the brick wall, there rested two dead girls. As Junghan and Jisoo tried to find their IDs, Seungcheol rested his hands on his hips and read aloud what it said on the wall. 

"Jeon Wonwoo was here."

"Nice," Soonyoung clucked his tongue. 

"Who are those people?" Seungcheol questioned, eyeing the two dead females.

"Probably his ex-girlfriends," Mingyu said.

"Don't you even care that Wonwoo is a murderer, by the way?" Soonyoung said, turning toward Mingyu.

Mingyu shrugged.

"Their names are 'Cell' and 'Alice'. Their first names of course. They aren't native Koreans." Junghan and Jisoo reported.

"Yep. His ex-girlfriends. He also had any ex-girlfriends like Anh, Tani, and more," Mingyu confirmed.

"Instead of killing us, he goes and kills his exes. Alright then," Seungcheol huffed.

"He stabbed me in the shoulder once," Junghan reminded.

"Shut up, that was like, a couple hours ago." Hansol retorted.

"I wonder where's Doyoon." Seungcheol spun around three hundred sixty degrees and scanned the streets for Doyoon.

"I wonder where's Chan," Hansol muttered, doing the same.

"I wonder where Wonwoo is," Mingyu asked, copying the two.

"What about Dongjin?" Jisoo asked.

"Probably in murder land," Junghan said, getting nudged in the ribs by Jisoo.

The six members left the dead bodies there and strolled around the streets in search for murderers who were teenagers-close-to-adulthood (except for Dongjin and Chan).

"I'm hungry," Junghan rubbed his stomach.

"Me too," everyone else agreed. 

Instead of finding murderers, they decided to go look for street food.

"There's no streetfood. There's no nothing," Jisoo spoke in English, feeling frustrated.

"There's one over there!" Junghan pointed, as all the members rushed towards it.

Mingyu peered closer and read the sign, "What are they selling?!"

"I don't know. It's in this weird language. But the food smells good," Junghan stepped up and was about to order until he saw the guy who was serving the food.

"Dongjin is that you?"

It seemed as time had froze. Junghan looked down, trying to detect Dongjin's face underneath that cap which was covering his eyes. "Dongjin?"

The skinny boy fled.