vii

15 Boys, 24 Hours


“His got chopped off too, and don't you dare laugh in this situation,” Seungcheol shot a look at Jisoo who was trying to keep a straight face.

 

“The next thing you know Chan is dead too,” Hansol sobbed.

 

“Don't think that. That dense kid is probably hiding somewhere,” Doyoon muttered.

 

“Let's just hope he isn't the one killing.”

 

Everyone looked at Seungcheol. He was in deep thought. His eyes were focused onto the tiles of the floor and he seemed frozen. The members hung out in the infirmary for an hour or two, before they realized they were hungry and tired. They waited for Mingyu, Soonyoung, and Junghan to recover. After that, they would try to catch Wonwoo.

 

“We can't sleep. It's too risky,” Seungcheol said after a while. He glanced at Hansol who was still wide-eyed in the corner; he looked glum and lifeless. Seungcheol scanned around the room. Everyone was quiet and thinking. “What time is it now?”

 

Seungcheol was expecting Jihoon's voice to answer but then he remembered that he was dead. A gloomy feeling washed over Seungcheol, making him overwhelmed.

 

“It's eight in the morning. I'm hungry. I want to go outside.” Jisoo complained.

 

“I need to check on Seunggwan,” Seungcheol said, standing up. Doyoon followed him outside.

 

“I'm coming with you, just in case if Wonwoo decides to attack.”

 

The two adults walked silently to the practice room, being full-on alert. Every tiny noise they heard, they had turned around with wild eyes, in search for a dirty blonde Wonwoo.

 

No sign of Wonwoo anywhere.

 

They opened the door to where Seunggwan had been hung. The lights were turned off so Seungcheol placed his hand on the wall and tried to find the light switch. When the light flickered for a moment, the body was nowhere to be found. The only thing was the pool of blood of where Seunggwan had been hung.

 

The body wasn't in there.

 

"He can't just walk off.. he's dead," Doyoon's eyes enlarged.

 

"Unless Wonwoo dragged him away when we were gone," Seungcheol whispered. 

 

The two friends looked at each other once, then ran away.


“How are you feeling about Seunggwan's death?” Jisoo asked Hansol.

 

Seunggwan's name coming out of Jisoo's mouth made him shiver.

 

“I hope he's in a better place,” Hansol muttered.

 

Jisoo placed a hand on his shoulder, “He is, trust me.”

 

Hansol watched as Seungcheol and Doyoon dragged the dead bodies away, into the shed along with the others who have died.

 

When everyone went back into the dorm, Dongjin, Wonwoo, and Chan were nowhere to be found. The members went to investigate on the “cases” that they were assigned to do, even the ones that were barely recovering.

 

Hansol decided to go back into the laundry room where they had found Seokmin's corpse. This time, he went alone. Seokmin's body had been removed by Seungcheol and the others, thank goodness. All there was were a pool of blood in the machine and..

 

That note that Seokmin wrote.

 

With shaky hands, Hansol picked it up. His eyes widened as he read

 

“Doyoon was the one who killed Junhui.

 

I killed Mingming because he was being an annoying brat. He wouldn't shut up about Junhui and everything. I knew that I would become a murderer the moment I plunged that weapon into Mingming's chest. I knew I would die as a murderer too.”

 

“Doyoon was the one who killed Junhui”

 

Hansol exhaled deeply, slipping the note in his pocket. He would confront to Doyoon later, making him guilty as charge. For now, he would keep silent and pretend to be unaware of things. As Hansol exited the laundry room, he nearly bumped into Doyoon. Hansol's heart jumped a little, making him frightened. He clutched the note that was inside of his pocket as he told him, “The only thing in there is a pile of blood.”

 

“Oh, okay,” Doyoon said, glancing nervously back at the laundry room.

 

“So are the bodies thrown in the shed?” Hansol tried not to sound different.. he tried to not sound afraid.

 

“Yeah. Everyone's giving them a small funeral right now, you should come.”

 

“Yeah, hold up one sec,” Hansol said, rushing to the living room table. He grabbed the pencil that was laying there and opened up Seungcheol's little journal of where he kept records of who killed who. Hansol stared at the first two lines, unsure of what he was about to do.

 

Next to “murderer” underneath Junhui's name, Hansol wrote “Doyoon”.


At the shed, Seungcheol announced Seunggwan's disapearence. "We don't know who dragged his body away but—"

 

"It's obviously freaking Wonwoo! You guys witnessed him harm Junghan! Isn't that enough evidence?" Hansol shouted, making the shed completely silent.

 

"It could be Chan too," Doyoon suggested.

 

Hansol darted his eyes at the older boy, glaring at him. "Don't you even dare.."

 

"Dongjin killed someone, so why can't he?"

 

"Chan is six hundred percent innocent! There is no way that he could even hold a knife!" Hansol defended.

 

Doyoon shrugged, "You don't know that."

 

Hansol balled his fists up and squeezed them till his knuckles turned white. "It's not Chan. I know it."

 

"Whatever you say," Doyoon said.

 

"Well at least I didn't freaking kill someone!" Hansol shouted.

 

In that moment, thunder rumbled in the sky as it started pouring. Jisoo checked the time and told everyone that it was nine in the morning. Nobody bothered listening to Jisoo because they were in shock of how Hansol accused Doyoon of such a thing.

 

"No.. why would Doyoon do that?" Seungcheol asked, in disbelief.

 

"He did! It said on the note that Seokmin wrote!" Hansol said, digging his pocket for the note.

 

"No I didn't! I helped all of you! I led all of you when Seungcheol was gone! Why would I kill someone?" Doyoon spat out.

 

"You want to see the proof? Do you want to see the ing proof?" Hansol waved the note in the air. Opening it quickly, he read aloud with his loudest voice, "Doyoon was the one who killed Junhui.."

 

After he was done reading the whole note, Hansol shoved it in Seungcheol's face. The elder grabbed it, opening it to read it himself. His eyes widened as he stared at it. Passing it around to the others, Seungcheol's expression became very angry. "I thought I trusted you."

 

"I-" Doyoon faltered.

 

"I trusted you, you murderer."

 

The word "murderer" coming out from Seungcheol's mouth crashed into Doyoon like a bullet, hitting him in the chest. "I had to kill him, okay! I too, was jealous!"

 

"Of skin?" Jisoo called out.

 

"No! He's always in the kitchen, working. That stubborn dip wouldn't even let me help cook! He had the more mom-role in him than me! I want to be like the mother, not him! After I heard that it was legal to kill on the news, I took advantage of this opportunity and killed him while you were all in shock! I thought that.. after the day was over.. I could have the mother role all to myself. But no! That Seokmin just had to.." Doyoon started cursing under his breath. 

 

Everyone grew silent, not knowing what to do with a murderer in the shed. They all stared at Doyoon, making him feel uncomfortable and nervous. Doyoon had to choice but to flee out of the shed.

 

Doyoon ran far, far away, and no one knew where he went.