vi

15 Boys, 24 Hours


“Bu Seunggwan is dead,” Seungcheol announced.

 

Just as soon as he said that, Wonwoo, who in the corner of the practice room, lunged toward Junghan and stabbed him in the shoulder. Everyone saw, especially Jisoo, who was right next to him. It was so sudden, so shocking. Junghan fell down as Wonwoo ran away, screaming about something about love.

 

“Something has gotten into his mind,” Doyoon said after regaining his breath.

 

“We have to take him to the hospital,” Jisoo quickly said, about to dial the number.

 

Seungcheol lowered Jisoo's phone down. “Don't.”

 

“Why? He's hurt here!”

 

“Soonyoung's even more hurt, if you didn't notice. And no one will help us. They locked themselves up because of the freaking drunk president making this new years gift for us.”

 

“You're right,” Jisoo admitted, “Then what do we do?”

 

“We leave them there. Let their body heal them or something. We have to.. care for our own health. Our lives are on the line here.”

 

“No, you don't understand. I rather end my life than have Junghan end his life. I just.. I.. want to help. I don't want to care for myself. If I die, that's great. If I live, that's great. It's a win-win. I just.. don't want Junghan to die.”

 

Seungcheol rested his hand on the younger one's shoulder, “I understand, Jisoo. But you gotta leave him be.”

 

“Can we just try to help him? Them?” Doyoon asked, worried.

 

Seungcheol took a deep breath. “Fine.”

 

The next thing they knew, Seungcheol had Mingyu 'draped' on his shoulder; Doyoon was dragging Soonyoung, not daring to touch his fresh wounds, and Jisoo and Junghan walked together with the older leaning against the younger for support. They reached to an infirmary inside the building where people could get taken care of if the hospital was not available or if they had minor injuries.

 

Doyoon laid Soonyoung on the bed as he shifted Soonyoung in a position where he was laying down straight with his arm stuck out a bit. Soonyoung had fallen unconscious and was most likely about to die. Doyoon quickly grabbed a towel, soaking it with cold water. He draped it over Soonyoung's wounds as goosebumps started forming on his arms and legs. Doyoon sensed that Soonyoung was shivering a little bit, which meant that he was probably going to be okay. He worked on cleaning Soonyoung's bruises and cuts on his faces by cleaning it, putting medication on it, and finishing it off by putting bandages over them. He then removed the huge towel that was now soaked in blood and dried off, noticing that the bleeding had stopped. There was still a little bleeding near the wrists but it stopped as soon as Doyoon dabbed some alcohol on it. He repeated the same process with the bruises and cuts on his face but just added a huge amount of medication on it. Doyoon ended up wrapping Soonyoung's entire arm in a bandage that looked like a cast.

 

As for Seungcheol, he didn't know how to take care of Mingyu. He wasn't a certified nurse assistant like Doyoon's mom, grandma, great-grandma and beyond that who were one. What he first did was clean the blood with water. He had watched from various dramas and movies which helped him gain experience on how to treat a wounded one. Seungcheol then sanitized the wounds using that alcohol that he had seen Doyoon use.

 

Jisoo did the same as the older were. He cleaned the wound, sanitized it, examined it, and found the right medication thanks to Doyoon to treat Junghan's wound with. In the end, a bandage covered the wound and Junghan was okay.

 

“Thanks for not leaving them behind,” Jisoo said as they were all finished.

 

“You're welcome. I'm sorry for being selfish and everything.” Seungcheol had his sleeves rolled up and he was into deep thought.

 

Seungcheol was sorting out who had died. He grabbed a tiny notebook from the side and grabbed a pen. Seungcheol traced back his steps to midnight. The time when the president had announced his stupid gift and when Junhui got killed somewhere right after that.

 

Died: Junhui

Murderer:

 

Seungcheol didn't even know who killed Junhui first of all. The only people who knew were Junhui, the killer, and possibly Jihoon if he had seen him. Seungcheol was planning to ask Jihoon later for details.

 

Died: Mingming

Murderer: Seokmin

 

Died: Seokmin

Murderer: Seokmin

 

Doyoon peered over and asked, “Uhh.. what are you doing?”

 

“Writing down who died and who killed who,” Seungcheol explained, as he spun the pen between his fingers. Doyoon drew back and said, “That's not necessary. We have it planted in our minds for Pete's sake.”

 

“It's more organized and requires less thinking, though,” Seungcheol pointed out. He conintued writing

 

Died: Seunggwan

Murderer:

 

“Who's the one that killed Seunggwan?” Seungcheol asked aloud.

 

“That mental kid, Wonwoo,” Jisoo cursed under his breath.

 

“It seems like it. He pretended to be unconscious and almost killed Junghan,” Doyoon said, planning to re-investigate that room again.

 

“Let's leave it unknown for now.”

 

Just then, the door burst opened, seeing Hansol out of breath. Sweat dripped down from his hair. Hansol looked like as if he had seen a ghost, which was not a good sign.

 

“What happened?” the members asked as Hansol locked the doors behind him.

 

Hansol started speaking fast so Seungcheol told him to slow down.

 

“Dongjin.. killed Jihoon because jealousy..” Hansol said, through deep breaths, “I don't.. know where.. Chan is.”

 

Everyone gasped, finding it hard to believe. A fourteen year old kills a seventeen year old? Was that even possible?

 

Hansol's eyes trailed over at the three bodies laying on the bed.

 

“Are they dead too?” he asked, his skin turning pale.

 

“No, they were just wounded.” Seungcheol stated, writing down more information that he had gotten from Hansol.

 

Died: Jihoon

Murderer: Dongjin

 

“Seunggwan is dead. Wonwoo supposedly killed him.” the older one said, looking up from his small notebook.

 

“Seunggwan.. dead..” Hansol choked through his words. He fell to his knees.

 

And cried.