iii

15 Boys, 24 Hours


“Oh my god,” Doyoon repeated again. All the members rushed toward the shed and peered inside. Their first thought was that it stank. It smelled like dead bodies.. most importantly because there was one inside the shed. Everyone gazed at the corpse with Doyoon rushing over to get a closer look at who was lying on the ground. His knee accidentally made contact with the blood on the ground; it was cold as ice. The person must have been killed a while ago.

 

And the person was Mingming.

 

“This doesn't make sense. Why the would Seokmin kill Mingming? Shouldn't it be vice versa?” Jisoo asked, squatting down next to Doyoon. The people who wanted to see the dead body took several steps closer, and the people who didn't want to see took several steps back and lined themselves up against the walls of the shed.

 

“I don't even know,” Doyoon shook his head. He turned back to the little boy, “Jihoon, what time is it?”

 

Jihoon checked his watch, the bright blue glow lit up his face, revealing a scared expression. “It's almost 1 in the morning.”

 

“Twenty three more hours to go,” Doyoon groaned, “We better stay alive.”

 

“We can't because there's a murderer running around here,” Junghan whispered, indicating that Seokmin was a murderer.

 

Doyoon nodded staring at the door. All of a sudden, the doors slammed shut.  Dongjin, who had came back from his hiding place, dug his nails into Chan's skin.  Jihoon let out a dolphin pitched squeak as Chan, Dongjin, and Jihoon huddled to a corner in the dark. The only light sources were the tiny cracks from the shed, the light from their phones, and the light from Jihoon's glow-in-the-dark watch.

 

Doyoon bravely approached the door, grabbed a rake, and kicked it open, ready to strike. No one came. Thirty seconds later, Doyoon stuck his head out of the shed. He looked back at Jisoo and Junghan who were examining the dead body. “Guys, let's go bury Mingming.”

 

“I think we should burn him like we did to Junhui. You know, since they were the only Chinese members, I think they should disappear the same way,” Wonwoo suggested, emphasizing the word 'were' which saddened the members.

 

“Seungcheol isn't here though..” Soonyoung mentioned.

 

“That's right. I think for now, we'll just hide the dead body in the shed. Whoever gets killed, including me, drag the body into the shed, and when Seungcheol comes back, show him this place.” Doyoon explained.

 

“What if Seungcheol gets killed?” Mingyu asked.

 

“Then he gets killed, and we'll never know who killed him,” Doyoon shrugged.

 

“O-okay...” Hansol clung onto Seunggwan, “What do we do now?”

 

“We'll just try to stay alive for the next twenty-three hours.”

 

For an hour, the house was peaceful. Everyone suspected one another and sat around the dorms, doing their own things. That fear feeling was still lurking around the dorm. Everyone was being cautious and didn't dare to do anything that may get them killed like for example, open a closet door. Someone could jump out from there and kill them. It was a frightening experience; no one liked it at all. Some members went to the practice room which included Mingyu, Wonwoo, Soonyoung, and Seunggwan.

 

Chan, Dongjin, and Jihoon built a fort in one of their rooms. They had triple checked for any signs of knives or blood around. They locked the door, pushing every single heavy object in front of the door and windows. That way, they will be warned when the murderer strikes. Little that they know, underneath their bed, light reflected on a tiny, sharp weapon.

 

The three turned off the lights and comforted each other by bonding, getting to know more about one another, and tried to consume as much time as possible.

 

Meanwhile, Doyoon paced around the room with the rake in his hand, checking all over the house for any signs of Seokmin. There were no blood, no dead bodies in the cabinet, nothing. Doyoon approached the laundry room but didn't want to go there because it was too scary for him. As a brave man, inside, he was literally shaking, afraid that his life may be taken away by just one stab.

 

“I'm going to.. try to find Seungcheol..” Jisoo volunteered. Junghan stood up and volunteered to go with him.

 

“Okay, be safe guys. Bring a weapon just in case,” Doyoon called, watching the two setting off into the street.

 

Jisoo and Junghan walked out of the building, and into the open. They were afraid that their enemies or bullies from elementary may attack them at random, but that was unlikely. They were famous, they had changed, and plus, Jisoo's bullies and enemies were all the way in California.

 

That feeling of someone who can randomly come up to you, get out a sharp object, and harm you with it. Jisoo hated it along with Junghan. It wasn't a very nice feeling, it was very uncomfortable indeed. The two friends watched each others' back and looked right, left, behind, and in the corners for any killers lurking around.

 

“NO!” someone shrieked from the corner.

 

Junghan jumped and dared to go inspect the scene. He slowly walked toward the area, hearing a slash sound, followed by a scream after that. Junghan rushed as he heard the footsteps of the killer growing smaller and smaller.

 

“Junghan! Come back here!” Jisoo caught up to Junghan and they stared at the two people laying against the cement. It was an alley where victims would usually get killed. It was pretty obvious because of the blood-splattered walls and the stench of dead bodies reeked the area. Junghan knelt down, checking the female with the black, short hair's pulse. It wasn't beating. She was dead; she has been dead for a while. He checked the pulse of the female with long, brown hair next to her. It was beating slowly. The girl was still breathing.

 

He checked all the pockets from the dead girl's jacket, pants, and even shirt. He had found an ID card. The dead girl's name was Choi Boeun. From the position that she was in, it was as if she had been dead about an hour ago. As for the other girl, who was suffering, she was making light groans, groans that were barely audible. He checked her pockets and found her ID, reading her name out loud.

 

“Choi Seohee.”

 

Seohee's fingertips moved a bit as Junghan turned his attention toward her. He had 'worried' and 'afraid' written all over his face, wondering if he should help the girl or leave her to die since she didn't have any time left. He didn't want to watch her die either.

 

“Let's go, Junghan,” Jisoo called. He was now fifteen meters away from the area, pressing his back against the mailbox.


Back in the dorm, Doyoon decided to check the laundry room since he had been eying that room ever since. He had told Hansol to go with him since the majority of the members were gone somewhere else.

 

“Okay but if I get killed it's all your fault,” Hansol said, reaching out for the doorknob. Doyoon gripped the rake in his hand. Hansol quickly opened it, standing to the side as Doyoon quickly plunged his rake into the darkness, attacking thin air. He felt the wall for a light switch as he turned it on, examining the room. It was empty. He opened the cabinets, seeing no knives or bodies anywhere.

 

“Dude.. Doyoon..” Hansol's voice sounded shaky. Doyoon glanced over at Hansol as his eyes followed where Hansol was pointing. Right in front of the washing machine was blood seeping down. Doyoon whispered, getting closer and closer to the washing machine. “What the ?”

 

With one swift move, he opened it, seeing Seokmin's dead body balled up inside the washing machine.