ii

15 Boys, 24 Hours


“No!” Mingming rushed over to the corpse and hovered his body over it. Mingming wasn't crying; he didn't know why either. His friend, his partner was dead. Someone killed him, and he was surely going to get revenge for whoever did it.

 

“We have to burn him,” Seokmin wrinkled his nose, standing up from the corner where he had been consoling Jihoon. His hiccups and cries have died down which led the kitchen into silence. “He smells.”

 

“So what if he smells? Him and I had a thing together!” Mingming shut his eyes, hoping that it wasn't a dream.

 

“You're not even crying. It's as if you didn't love him that much,” Seokmin scoffed.

 

“I-” Mingming didn't know what to say. Seokmin laughed away like a hyena as the Chinese boy looked back, drilling holes into the younger's head.

 

Dongjin didn't want anymore murder. He tried to stop before Mingming could get another knife and pounce at Seokmin. “He's just probably in shock, that's all.”

 

“You're a very smart kid,” Seungcheol complimented. He ordered Dongjin to hide the knives since he knew that Dongjin wouldn't have the guts to murder anyone. Seungcheol had taken out the bevel knife that was used to kill Junhui and had handed it to Dongjin.

 

The boy had hesitated. The little kid has hemophobia so he was practically cautious with the knives on the entire trip, hiding them in two safe spots where no one would even think of looking at: in Junhui's underwear and in the box of condoms.

 

Dongjin tiptoed into Junhui's bedroom, with the knives pointing out in a way that it wouldn't hurt him in any directions. He slowly opened Junhui's cabinet, lifting up the underwear and setting down about four knives. In total, Junhui had owned seven knives, including the one that has been used to kill Junhui.

 

“That's four..” Dongjin counted the knives he had left.

 

He had two left.

 

The bloody one was gone.

 

Dongjin gulped, suddenly feeling afraid, he stuffed the knives quickly into the drawer. He hopped onto one of the beds and hid in the corner, piling layers of blankets that he could get from his range. Although the murderer could have probably saw his every move and was ready to kill him right now, Dongjin would at least die as an innocent person.

 


 

“Let's burn his body first.. and then I'll go to the police station.” Seungcheol said, counting the members. He was expecting thirteen, excluding Dongjin who was busy finding a hiding place to hide the knives.

 

Instead of thirteen, there were eleven members.

 

Two of them were gone.

 

And those two people were Mingming and Seokmin.

 

“Oh my Hong Jesus,” Junghan whispered, clinging into Jisoo who was right beside him.

 

“I think one of the killed the other.” Jihoon whispered, ready to burst into tears again.

 

Soonyoung bit his lip. “Probably Mingming.”

 

“Jihoon don't say that. And Soonyoung, don't jump to conclusions. Let's just burn this body first and we'll find after.” Seungcheol dragged the heavy body outside, down the stairs, into the open as Jihoon managed to pull himself up together and stumbled into the room where Chan and Dongjin probably were hiding in. The members watch him go up the stairs as some offered to help, but Jihoon seemed as if he was suspecting everyone due to his behavior. Whenever someone touched him on the arm like they would do normally, he would flail his arms in the air, walking a bit faster.

 

Seungcheol had a gasoline tank in his hand as he poured it on the dead body without any fear or shame.

 

“May you rest in peace, Junhui.” Jisoo did the sign of the cross and hovered his hand over Junhui's chest, where his heart had stopped beating.

 

“It was fun having you cook with me,” Doyoon began tearing up.

 

“If Mingming was here, he would have probably said some deep stuff,” Hansol sighed.

 

“Who wants to do the honor?” Seungcheol asked, lighting up a match.

 

No one volunteered. Seungcheol sighed, “Alright. I'll do it.”

 

Everyone took a step backwards as Seungcheol knelt down, said a few words, and hovered the match over the liquid. He dropped it on Junhui's body as the flames spread like a forest fire. The burning body didn't respond. The smoke rose in the air and into the sky.

 

“I'll go to the police station now.” Seungcheol looked at the corners of the streets. There were already dead bodies around them.

 

“Good luck, be safe.” Doyoon held onto Seungcheol's hand and let go after Seungcheol told him to let go multiple times.

 

Seungcheol walked past a pole where there was a dead body taped onto there. It was a scary and disgusting sight. Their eyes had been poked out and their hair was a mess. Blood was stained on the sidewalks, poles, and signs. The murderer seemed to have abandoned the victim after finishing their job.

 

Hearing shouts and screams, Seungcheol would rush to the nearest hiding spot he could go to. He suddenly regretted leaving the house because there was even more danger around here out in the open. What if the police wanted to kill people too? That's very unlikely, though.

 

“Come back here Boeun! I will kill you!” a crazy girl with a katana. Who the owned a katana these days?

 

A girl rushed past him, her hair hitting Seungcheol in the face. That was probably Boeun. Seungcheol advanced, almost near the police station.

 

Seungcheol ran as soon as he saw the building and entered the building out of breath. The police had asked what was wrong and what did he want.

 

“Can you..” Seungcheol lifted up the plastic bag with the bloody gloves. He couldn't say anymore because of how tired he was.

 

“Haven't you heard the present for New Years that the president gave us?” the female police asked, grabbing out a gun and pointed it at Seungcheol's head. Seungcheol glanced down at her name tag and it had read 'Yuki'.

 

He gulped as his heartbeat pounded against his chest. Seungcheol took deep breaths and told himself to relax and told him to never trust a cop ever again.


“Where do you guys think Seokmin is?” Soonyoung asked, knitting his eyebrows together. Soonyoung was of course worried because he had seen the look in Mingming's eyes. It was scary. No matter how obnoxious Seokmin may be, Seokmin was just playing around although it may have been said to purposely provoke someone.

 

“In the shed. Where all murders happened,” Seunggwan said, trying to scare the elders.

 

“Let's go check.” Doyoon declared.. Since he was the second oldest and Seungcheol had left, he decided to take lead. They walked behind the building and found that the shed was open. Seunggwan was about to yell something but Hansol covered the older's mouth with his palm.

 

Doyoon approached the shed as if he wasn't afraid, but in reality, he was ready to piss himself.

 

“Oh my god.”