Big Step

Class 101

Chapter Seven; Big Step

“Your sword is an extension of you as you shall treat it as one. If you lose your sword, you lose an arm. If you win with your sword, you gain something inside you.”

 

 

 

 

"Hey..." Kris muttered, stepping in and making his towards the meisters. Kris felt a bit saddened on how fragile and pale Haru looked - a bit. Kris's pride was too over coming of him to actually give a . If that thing didn't go berserk on Chanyeol, Kris would've tripped or shoved her on "accident" as a way at getting revenge in her.

Luhan raised a brow at the boy, crossing his arms," You're not here to steal the sword, are you?" 


Kris let out a scoff of disbelief," that hurts. I just came to see if my partner was okay, geez, don't accurate."

 
"I know you Kris," stated Luhan. "You don't give up easily." 


Kris tried his best not to smirk at the comment, the end of his lip came slightly up. *at least he's right there* "I'm here to check if she's okay, Luhan." 


Luhan just scoffed," Sure." 


Kris's eyebrows knitted together," What's wrong with you? You were all on board with the idea this morning, and know your making me seem like the bad guy." 


Luhan shot a glance at the latter," I was on board your childish idea, after Sehun's wakeup call and Haru herself almost dying. If she did die back there, I'm not sure if I could live with myself. The guilt of not saying sorry lingering over me, plus the fact I didn't do to help her when I could've easily lifted the thing up and off Yeol, but... I didn't. I froze on spot and know I’m regretting the outcome."


"Come on, Luhan. You're sounding like a 12 year old girl who didn't get the white iPhone 5 she wanted for Christmas." 


Chanyeol sat quietly, not sure if he should add a comment on what the they were talking about, break them up before Haru wakes up, or pop a bag of popcorn and enjoy the soap opera unfold. *Keep it shut, Yeolie* he nodded to himself. 
 

"It's better than being a child." Luhan spat harshly. "You're obsessed with her sword. Preferably her life too - just as Sehun said. It's for the best to just drop it." 


Kris was furious, Luhan had never dare talk back to him, plus the accusation of being called a child made his blood boil even more. "If you wanna fight, just say the word." Kris bit through his teeth. 
Luhan only sized up to him," whenever you’re ready." 


Just as the two could pounce on each other, a low mutter was heard from the bed. "K-Kris." Haru muttered.


Kris dropped Luhan and shot her a glance - seeing what she wanted or to leave the room on spot, but the look Luhan gave told him otherwise. "Yeah?" He asked, kneeling besides her.

 "C-can you..." Her voice was soft, having Kris only lean in more to hear. "C-can you please...." Her voice still fragile and in pain. Chanyeol gave a light squeeze on her hand reassuring her, Luhan only gazing with worry from afar. Kris leaned in closer to hear her," yes?" 


"Can you please shut the up? I'm in a nurse’s bed with an IV in my ing arm, while my goddamn shoulder stings like a . It'd just be a lot more appreciated if you care shut the up. Kay? Yeah. Thanks." Haru sat up with a light groan, pulling out the IV and blood transfusion from her arm. Kris taken back and in awe at the girl. She still having yet to surprise him.

"Haru! You need to rest!" Ushered Chanyeol, trying to lay her back down, but she shook her head and refused.

"I'm fine." She said, stretching of her aching shoulder - swinging her legs to the side of the bed.

 "No, you're not." Added Luhan, helping Chanyeol put the sword wielder down. "You just lost a good amount of blood, you still need to take it easy."

Haru shrugged the twos hands off her," I'm honestly fine, really." She got up from the bed with a slight whimper, slipping on her shoes that where close to the bed side. "Thanks for taking me here and all-" she was cut as short as Chanyeol scooped her into his arms and back into the bed.

"I don't care if you think your well when your obviously not. Just stay put for a while till you actually heal." He said sternly, crossing his arms and sitting back in the chair next to her.

"But-"


"No buts." Luhan worried as well. "Just stay put for the rest if the day, then you can leave." Haru stared at him as Luhan used his powers to move the covers over her once again.

 She sighed accepting them, making herself feel comfortable in the bed. "Thanks..." She muttered. The two smiled. Haru's attention then moved to the tall blonde towering over her at the foot of the bed," you're not here to steal my sword, are you?"

She asked with a raised brow. Kris snapped out of this thoughts of planning," hum? No, I don't take advantage of this situation. More interesting when you put up a fight." He smirked. "But I am here to say sorry."

 "You don't seem like so."


"I don't, but I am." He admitted, and deep inside, he was. 


Haru noticed the look in his eyes, telling her he was sorry. "Alright, apology accepted." Kris grinned, before spinning in his heels and making his way towards the door.

 "Where are you going?" Asked Luhan. 


Without looking back," I'm heading back to class. I'll just tell teach you guys are watching her for today." 
 

"That guys somethin’" Said Chanyeol, glancing at the closing door.


"He's just has a lot to live up too." Defended Luhan. "He's actually a really descant guy." 
 

Haru scoffed," Descant my ." 


Luhan let out a light chuckle, relieved in how well she looked and spiteful from 20 minutes ago. "You two don't want to head back to class?" She asked. "I'm sure I'm just pestering you." 


Chanyeol waved his hand," Of course not, I'll be right here till you get better. You saved my life, consider it payment." He grinned, Haru couldn't help but have the ends of her lips come up from his toothy smile.

"I feel bad if I don't at least keep you company, and you might just get out of bed while we aren't watching." Stated Luhan. "Consider it payment from... You know..." He shyly rubbing the back of his head. Haru sighing and nodding at the two in acceptance, knowing her cold exterior can't say no.

"Hey, I'm going to bed for a while, Kay? Can you guys wake me up when night falls? You guys can leave whenever too, I'll be fine." The two nodded, Haru slightly smiling as she closed her eyes. 

--


"Welcome to your knight class!" Beamed a young man with a large sword stuck into the ground beside him. He stood in front of 3 young males in a cemented like training room. Room already covered in scars and sword marks after the years of using the room. Not all the other 12 boys stayed together, oh no, they all went to their separate class lessons. Sehun happened to be the only Mercedes, Lay and Tao chose the phantom class, as well as Chanyeol, but he happened to choose Xenon. Baekhyun and Chen where in there Xenon class. D.O alone in Jett as well as Xiumin in his Kanna class, while the other two boys where still by Haru’s side in the nurses office.

"I am Woohyun and two of you already might know. I teach knights." Suho slightly bowed while Kris only looked at him with arms crossed. Kai still looking around in wonder at the room. "Looks like in stuck with you two s again...”he sighed.

 Suho cracked a small smile to be in on the "joke" while Kris's face remained emotionless. "But I have two new students, so I'm somewhat happy." He looked at the boy.

Kai bowing slightly while introducing himself," I'm Kai."

 "Nice to meet you, but I swore we had another student..." He looked around the room to see if the crimson headed girl was hiding somewhere.

"Haru's actually in the nurse’s office." Suho told.

Woohyun pouted hearing the words,” Oh, I’m so sad, she was interesting from what I saw earlier.”

“You saw what happened eelier?” asked Kai.

Woohyun nodded,” I just happened to be passing by. She’s quiet the brave heart.”

*You have no idea.* “I guess she is.” Commented Kai.

“Well, I’ll guess since this is the second day into the school day. I won’t really do much since were missing one kiddo and you yourself, Kai, just got your Aria today. It’s best to leave it be instead of pushing what’s suppost to come naturally.” Woohyun raised his hands behind his head, sitting down, and leaned back against his sword in betted in the floor.

“When do I discover my powers?” he asked, Woohyun already somewhat drifting off into sleep.

“It comes in time, usually a week or so. I got mine the first three days.” Stated Suho, smiling at the boy.

“Ah-“ Woohyun said, as if he forgot something. “I just thought of a thing. You and Kris should spar, showing what Knight Class is like for Kai.”

Kris and Suho gave each other a brief look before turning to the teacher again,” Alright…”

“Good.” Woohyun groaned as he stood back up and released his sword out of the ground. “Come on, kiddo. It’s best not to get too close.” He ushered Kai to the side lines – standing alongside with the boy.

Suho and Kris stood a faceoff between each other, looking at one another. “Rain without end.” Suho said, opening his right hand to his side. In mere seconds, a flash of light appears as well as a long knight sword.

“Pierce them.” Kris said, opening his hand as well. A rapier appearing in mere seconds.

“What did they just say?” asked Kai to Woohyun.

“Your weapon Aria can only be released by a incantation that belongs to you and only you. Usually it’s something meaningful to you, or it’s a cool name, phrase, ect.” Woohyun shrugged. Kai awed, turning his attention back to the boys.

The two squared each other off. Then without warning, they both charged. Suho took the first attack, striking Kris’s side, but he easily blocked it. Kris pierced his sword out to hit Suho’s unguarded left arm, but Suho dodged it in quick timing.

“Is that’s all you got?” smirked a cocky Kris, attacking his fore front.

“I can say the same to you.” Suho grinned, not even dropping a sweat, lunging out at Kris.

The two went out it. To Kai, it looked like they were in a legit battle to the death, but in all retrospect, they weren’t even serious. Just mere sparing to show Kai a show of what knights did. .

“Number one rule of swordsmanship.” Woohyun explained, Kai’s glance on him. “Your sword is an extension of you as you shall treat it as one. If you lose your sword, you lose an arm. If you win with your sword, you gain something inside you.”

“That being?” he asked with an arched brow.

“Honor.”

Kai nodded understanding, eyes on Kris and Suho who had still been going at it. *You gain something inside you… huh…*

 

-

 

“Awh, . We’re stuck with crazy Jang again.” Sighed Chen to Baekhyun, Dongwoo still not in the empty room. The Xenon room happened to look like a normal shooting range, with different lines you can shoot in with targets a mere 10 meters away.

“I wonder where he is…” wondered Baekhyun, looking around the room.

Chen sighed and held his hands over his head,” Beats me. I’ve knew that guy for years and he’s still sketchy as .”

“Talkin’ behind my back again are we, Chen chen?” asked Dongwoo, walking into the room.

“It’s not behind your back if you know what I’m talkin’” grinned Chen.

“Har har har.” Mocked Dongwoo, looking at the class list on his desk. “Oh. My list says I’m suppost to have 4 of you, but I only have 2. Luhanie went to Jett today?”

“Luhan is actually in the nurses office.” Informed Baekhyun. “So is Chanyeol, who choose Xenon and Phantom, so he’d be here half and half too.”

Dongwoo raised a brow,” In the nurse’s office? Why? Did they get hurt or something?”

Baekhyun and Chen both looked at each other,” No… Not them. It was actually Haru. She got attacked by an Aldet during DPE and lost a bunch of blood saving Chanyeol. They both wanted to make sure she was okay.” Chen explained.

“I see.” Dongwoo nodded. “Welp, looks like we’ll just do a little demonstration for Baekhyun.” Dongwoo nodded his head to Chen to walk into a range, Chen sighing before complying.

“Strike Down.” With that, both his palms lit up a bright blue. Two old time pirate looking revolvers seeping out of them.

“Damn.” Muttered Baekhyun, observing.

Chen pulled the trigger, two bright and sizzling lightning bolts bursting out. The lightning disappeared as soon as it hit, bursting against the three targets on the other end. Bursting them into nothing. Chen cocked a brow at Dongwoo, seeing if he was done with his demonstration.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re done kid.” Chen smiled before absorbing his weapons back into his palm.

“Wow.” Clapped Baekhyun, his mouth ajar. “That was amazing.”

“I know, ain’t I the be-“

Chen couldn’t finish his bragging as Dongwoo punched the younger upside the head. “WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?” he yelled, holding his throbbing head.

The teacher shrugged,” I don’t tolerate bragging, Chen chen.”

Baekhyun laughed while Chen softly sobbed, holding his pained head.

 

--

 

“Are you sure you can make it back?” asked Anna, the school nurse, legs crossed in her chair, watching Haru get dressed.

She finished her last button and nodded,” Yeah, I don’t feel the pain in my arm any more. Thanks.”

Anna smiled at the girl,” No problem, it’s my job. Feel free to come back whenever needed, alright?”

Haru slightly smiled as well,” I’ll make sure too.” With that, she bows to the teacher in thanks before slugging her sword over her shoulder and leaving.

Unfortunately for Chanyeol and Luhan, they had to leave due to cutting classes. Haru woke up to a note Chanyeol left by her side. Telling her when she awoke to call the both of them to walk her back to the dorms. Haru thought it’d be too much trouble for them to drop what they were doing to get her, so she decided to go alone.

*Over the bridge* luckily for her the route to the dorms was easy, just follow the path over the bridge and she was home free. Passing the small park that led up to the dorm, she noticed someone in the flower beds. He was staring into the night moon, eyes closed as if he was embracing the light shining on him.

Haru couldn’t make out the face from afar, but as soon as her eyes came in view of the boy. Her eyebrows knitted together. *This bastered.* She wanted to walk away, not paying attention to him since he soul reason was to learn and pass this exorcism business. Even today with the Aldet business made her swore at herself for being involved, but she couldn’t let someone die like that. The man in front of her obviously didn’t mind if he did though.

“Hey.”

He stopped. Opening his eyes and turning to Haru, her arms crossed and obviously looking fumed. “What?” Lay bit back.

“What?” her voice raised. “Take a guess.”

Lay sighed. “I don’t have time for this.” He walked past her, deliberately bumping shoulders with her. Haru’s face darkened, she gripped his shoulder before he could walk back to the dorms – turning him around to face her.

“That’s all you can say? You almost let someone die today!” Haru addressed with a finger to his chest.

Lay slapped it away,” I didn’t let someone die today.” He corrected. “The Aldet almost did.”

“But you were in the ring with him, yet, you didn’t do anything to help him. You just stood there with that smug look on your face. What if I didn’t jump in there? What if he did die? How would you feel when the blood was on your hands?”

“I still had nothing to do with it. It’s his own fault he couldn’t run fast enough.”

Haru couldn’t believe her ears, does this guy have no remorse for anything? Does he simply not give a damn? The look on his face didn’t anger her less. He was emotionless, waiting for her to get the hell out of we way. Haru clenched her free hand, thinking wither or not she should punch the er.

“I won’t if I were you.” Warned a cold tone next to her. Looking up, she was the black haired boy always trailing Lay. *It’s Tao… right?*

“And if I do?” she questioned, ready to take both of these guys on.

“Let’s just say you might lose a hand.”

That look on Tao’s face seemed awfully serious. Lay’s still remaining expressionless. The atmosphere between the three was intense, even a blade couldn’t cut through it.

Haru’s impatience self got the best of her, rising her fist, she was ready to punch that blank look Lay just kept pushing, but a hands wrapped around her from behind.

“Well, look at the time!” the voice behind her laughed. Hugging her arms to the side while rocking her back and forth, waddling away from the boys. “Suho hyung said he needed help with cooking! Better not keep him busy!” he laughed again, moving Haru along with him to the dorms.

Lay watched the two make their way to the dorm, Haru yelling at her captor to let her go while he just laughed. “That woman.” Tao spoke, his hawk eyes gazing at her. “She’s the one, isn’t she?”

Lay only stared at her as well, the two of them becoming way from plain view. “Yes, she is.”

“Hey!” she yelled, trying to get out of his grip, but he remained tight.

“Shhh~” he cooled. “Just cool it till we get to the dorms, kay?”

Haru looked over her shoulder, a toothy hamster grin greeting her. “Xiumin?”

“Bingo!” Xiumin smiled, resting his head ontop of hers.

“Where did you pop up from?”

“I just happened to run to the campus convince store for Suho, he needed something, but it wasn’t in the kitchen so~” he waved the grocery bag in Haru’s view. “The three of you looked like you would rip each other lib from lib, so I had to do something.”

“Thanks, even though you didn’t have to.” She thanked.

Xiumin shook his head,” Don’t worry about it.”

The two reached the dorms, Xiumin letting go of her while opening the door for the two of them. An aroma from the kitchen hitting both of their senses, a mouthwatering sent. Now that she thinks about it, Haru didn’t eat dinner last night, or breakfast today, a little bit of lunch since Kai gave her some, but she refused most of it.

“Here, hyung.” Xiumin smiled, handing the bag to an apron wearing Suho.

Suho whipped of the light sweat with the back of his arm before grabbing the bag with a smile. “Thanks, Xiumin. Sorry I had to make you go out so late.”

Xiumin waved his hand,” Don’t worry about it and I brought something back.” He grinned, pointing to an approaching Haru behind him.

“Haru!” greeted Suho, pulling out the ingedeance from the bag. “How are you? Are you still in pain?”

She shook her head and rolled her injured shoulder for him,” I’m fine, thanks.”

“As long as you’re okay.” Smiled Suho, relieved that she was okay.

“Soo…” she pulled out a chair next to Suho and leaned her sword in-between her legs. “What’s the occasion, or better yet, what are you cooking?”

*, why am I talking to them?*

Suho felt a bit happy inside, seeing how open she was being compared to the other day. It seemed like she forgiven him too. “Just a small beginning of the year party, I’m making burgers for the grill outside. Chanyeol, Luhan, and Kai are outside right now. Everyone else is up in there room…” he trailed, but remembered the sleeping loner. “Everyone, but Chen, he’s knocked out on the couch.”

Pointing his thumb over to Chen in the living room, Haru looked over. Seeing his light brown hair lightly raise and fall from her view on the couch. The corners of her lips moved up, feeling comforted on how peaceful he looked.

“Well… I’m ready in here.” Suho sighed, whipping his hands clean.

“I’ll help you carry out.” Xiumin moved around the corner and grabbed two of the meat patties plates and headed outside through the back door kitchen.

“Haru, could you get the others and tell them dinners ready?” asked Suho.

“Uhm? Shouldn’t I get them when the burgers are done?”

“The thing is...” he shyly rubbed the back of his neck. “Chanyeol discovered his powers today during class and almost burned down half of the school. It turns out the burgers cook really fast without being burnt.”

She awed, nodding she waved Suho off before heading upstairs to get the boys. She first knocked on Baekhyun’s door, which he opened quickly. “Yeah?” he asked.

“Food, downstairs…”

“Ah, thanks.” Baekhyun stepped out of the room, shutting the door behind him. “You coming?” he asked, noticing Haru walk to the stairs.

“No, I gotta get everyone else.” Baekhyun nodded – with a wave and smile, he left downstairs.

Haru headed to the third floor since all the second floors occupants where gone. “Sehun?” she asked, knocking his door.

Opening the door, Sehun greeted her with a smile – he leaned against the doorframe. “Yeah?”

“We’re done cooking.”

“Thank god, I was starving.” As if on cue, his stomach growled. Both there eye’s widened at the sudden noise, then they both broke out in a light laughter. “Okay, thanks.” Sehun shuts his door behind him. “Your arm okay?” he asked.

“All better.”

“That’s good.” He lightly petted her head. “See ya down stairs.” Waving a goodbye, he also went down.

“Yo~” smiled D.O, opening his door to him.

“Food’s ready.”

D.O grinned widely,” Really, biatch? Thatz phat biaaaatch! Oh, is yo’ arm better?” he asked.

*What the holy ?*

“Uhm, yeah, good as new.” She replied, thinking he said something about her arm. The rest sounded like he was insulting her, but his heart smile told her otherwise.

“Thatz good, I was worried. Y’all know dat , muthaa! I was bout ta beat Layz too yo, but I couldn’t props ta tha teach.” He pouted. “But as long as yo’ aiight.”

*What?*

Haru snapped out of her concentrated thought of understanding him. “Yeah, thanks. I was about to beat his too, but Xiumin stopped me.”

“Thanks fo’ getting me kid, see you.” With a wave and smile like the others.

Haru cringed at the last three doors – Kris, Tao, and Lay. Lay and Tao she had just met outside, plus they didn’t pass her on the way in. *They must be out somewhere*

Haru heads to her room first, thinking it was best to drop her sword off in her room before going to eat. Thinking of a hiding spot, like her original room, she lifts her mattress and hides her sword underneath before heading off to Kris’s room.

“What?” asked Kris with a cocked brow – leaning against the frame of his door.

“Suho’s done with cooking.”

Kris pushed past her without much word, bumping shoulders with her. “Hey! Why are you still being a to me? I thought you apologized, plus, I never did anything to you.”

Kris stopped in his tracks, he looked over his shoulder. “You just irritate me.” He left before Haru could say anything more.

*This kid…*

--

“WHOOOOO PARTYYYYY!!!!” Cheered Chanyeol, pumping his hands in the air as he flipped burgers on the grill. “LET’S GET WASTED!!!”

“Uhm, no.” advised Baekhyun. “You’re underage, plus, we have school tomorrow.”

Chanyeol let out a sad whimper as he flipped another.

“Where’s Lay and Tao?” asked Chen, noticing the two not being there.

“I’m not sure, but they’re cold anyways….”  Luhan mentioned, fixing his bed head. “I can’t believe you didn’t call us to get you.” Haru noticed his look, shyly smiling.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want to trouble you.”

“No trouble at all!” Cheered Chanyeol from the grill. “I would’ve got you, no problem~”

“Thanks, Yeolie.”

The backyard patio the 11 meisters where gathered in was large and spacious. Light strings hang above their heads, dark brick flooring, a table with a large umbrella with six chairs gathered around, a dark maroon red L shaped couch in centered by the small fire pit and large willow tree. Chanyeol slipping on some soda, while grilling. Kris and Suho were talking about class by the willow tree, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kai was engaged in their own conversation, Chen was asleep on the couch outside again, D.O was walking about in the yard, while Haru sat by herself. Gazing into the moon just as Lay was doing a while ago.

The brightness it was reflecting tonight was all too peaceful to her. It felt soothing, erasing all her troubles away. The cool mid-autumn breeze against her skin, still quiet warm from summer. The fire pit was next to her since she sat on the couch, a bit away from Luhan, warming her. The light chatter of her new teammates eased her, as well as the sound of the leaves rustling from above.

Everything was at peace.

*I told myself I wasn’t going to get involved with these guys… But looks like it’s hard not too.* 

 


 

Hello~ I at writing don't I? ^^' Oh well, YOFE

I have aa question for yall, Should i make his a OT12 story or leave it a romance, cause it can flow either way. I'm just cursious in your opinon. My skills are eeyyyy~