Isn't anyone going to save them?

Class 101

Chapter Six; Isn't anyone going to save them?

“Uhm, I know y’all busy and stuff, but.. CAN SOMEONE ING GET HIS ER OFF OF ME!!!!

 

 

Every one of the 13 young exorcist -who we're wearing exercise clothing - were gathered in the PE room, a room where a rock platform stood above, while there was a pit below. A massive pit-bull like looking creature with drool and low growls escaping its mouth, attached a collar and chain leading up to a circular pillar in the middle of the room. 

Kai having to have retrieve the senior students from the door, finding them sulking in the living room. As he did, Sehun told Haru about his encounter with the senior meisters. She was shock on how he defended her, but asked him nicely to not stick up for her like that again and also thanked him greatly.

Suho was the first to apology sincerely, while Luhan and Chen apologized as well, but more in a way they were forced rather than meaning it. Kris on the other hand stood behind his apologetic seniors, arms crossed and not even looking a bit sorry, nor did he intend to apologize. *It’s fine. He’s a lost cause anyways* Haru sighed her herself.

The man dressed as Sunggyu and Dongwoo pushed up his glasses, standing in front of the 14 others in a formal stance. Haru mentally smiling to herself at such a familiar face. "I am Hoya, you can call me Mr. Lee, Mr. Hoya, Hoya, whatever. Some of you have meet me while others of you have not. I teach Mercedes and DPE."

Baekhyun raised his hand," what's DPE?"

"Demon physical education. Where you learn how to train, avoid, learn how a demon moves, and combat any demons you come in counter with." Hoya turned his direction on his students to the being below.

"This room is for cardio, as well as today's lesson. When you sometimes hunt or exorcist demons, you sometimes are either outnumbered or they're too strong for you to handle. Thus, is where DPE comes in handy" He pointed to the beast below, who was snarling and biting its jaws.

"That is an Aldet – this one just happens to be a familiar to the academy, they're a low level demon, but they run rather fast. You all will go in groups of two, running along with him about as long as you can go, or 5 minutes. I’m testing your running power and stamina for now and seeing how much I can push you."

"W-what's the point if this? Can’t we just run on a normal track?" Asked Chanyeol with strain in his voice. 

"For cardio, the longer you can run the better and normal tracks don’t have demons chasing you, do they?" Hoya evily grinned.

“Isn’t this too extreme though for a first lesson?” asked Sehun.

“Not really.” Hoya shrugged. “Think of this as baby steps.”

"What if it catches up to us?" Asked Kai. 

Hoya wickedly smiled," Don't let it." 

All of them swore that those wicked sinister smiles there teachers gave was way to evil for comfort, even the senior students. 

"Any questions?" 

Half the students raised their hands, but Hoya ignored them. "Good, now your partners." Hoya looked at the list in hand," D.O. and Tao, Kai and Suho, Kris and Haru, Chen and Baekhyun, Yixing and Chanyeol, Sehun and Xiumin. Luhan is excused since his performance from last year was outstanding while the rest of you seniors still greatly." The seniors sighed as they and the other students walked to their designed partner.

Some of the teammates high fived or cringed at their partners, while Haru just looked down at ground, swearing to the heavens on how she got so unlucky. Kris stood by her, not caring to say an ounce of any kind of apology. Haru shot him slight glances here and there, but never did say anything to him either.

“What do you want?” asked Kris, noticing her subtly looks.

Haru scoffed,” Nothing from you.”

Kris caught a scoff back,” Look, just stay out of my way during this. I’m not in the mood to save your in this.”

“Likewise.”

“I don’t get why you’re being such an for, you’re the one who started it.”

Haru’s eyes burned in anger as she watched the other just cross his arms and pop a arched brow at her. She wanted to yell at him then and there possibly beat his like she did earlier, not caring about the lesson or who was watching, but a steady hand patted her shoulder. Looking over her should, she sees Sehun, giving her a look in his eyes,” He’s not worth it.”

 Haru sighed to calm herself down, giving Sehun a glance of thanks. He nodded and walked back to a shivering Xiumin – who was still terrified at the being below. Kris scoffed as Haru turns her back away from him and to the being below.

“First kiddo’s into the pit.” Hoya stated looking down at his list. “Yixing and Chanyeol.” 

Lay and Chanyeol eyed each other, Chanyeol smiling brightly to the shorter male, while Lay looked at him with a arched brow with his arms crossed – tattoo’s and scars showing more under his t-shirt and one leg rolled up sweat pants. Just as Haru thought, he was basically covered head to toe in some kind of beautiful scripted tribal tattoos as well as his deep imprinted scars which looked like they’ve been there for quiet long time.

“The stairs are over there.” Hoya instructed, pointing to the long stair case to the left – leading below to the creature.

Chanyeol closed his eyes, held his pounding chest and let out a unsure sigh – troubled by the task at hand. A hand patted his back, to ease his troubles,” You’ll do fine.” Encouraged Baekhyun with a smile. Chanyeol grinned at Baekhyun before giving each other a hi5 and jagging after a much eased Lay.

Haru watched the two climb down the long steep steps and into the pit. She also watched around her. Xiumin, Luhan, and Chen already seemed to talk to one another, Kai and Sehun emerging in their own conversation, Baekhyun and D.O laughing at each other to something Suho said, while Kris and Tao were always from each other and in their own world. Kris was still staring daggers into her while Tao’s eyes were sharp as a hawk, focused intensely on Lay.

*Looks like everyone is buddies with each other, but me… oh well… it’s for the best.* with a sigh, she moved to the edge of the platform they were on. Sword on her right side while she brought up her knee to rest her head on. Also watching the boys.

Kris grit his teeth almost a little too hard as his anger still fumed at the girl. He watched her actions from afar, she looked so calm and lost. Almost not having a care in the world. When she sat down, that only angered Kris more. *I don’t get her. What the is so special about her anyways? Her looks are weird as hell, not to mention her sword. How is no one paying attention to this but me? It’s obvious that thing is sketchy and the damned thing herself is out of place. I’ll just steal the sword before Sunggyu can catch me. That hot tub prank last year was way too easy. I’ll just have to be more precise and careful in stealing it this time.* Kris evilly chuckling to himself.

Suho from afar noticing Kris’s piercing stare and clenched jaw. He couldn’t help but notice his soul focused was on Haru. The poor girl just minding her business and watching the boys below. Suho sighed knowing Kris wasn’t the type to give up so easily, but this was the one time he wish Kris could see how foolish and childish he’s being.

“You kids ready?” asked Hoya from above. Lay nodding, while Chanyeol tried to keep his cool from hyperventilating to death. “Yeol!” yelled Hoya to get his okay.

Chanyeol shook of the feeling and slapped himself. He left out a sigh again before giving Hoya a thumbs up. “Don’t die you two!” and with that, he opened the gate.

The beast came pouncing out on all fours. Drool and mucus already leaking out of its mouth. Even though its body was small (small as in three cars together), its jaws were rather large and intimidating. The blood partly leaking out of its mouth only had Chanyeol’s face turn a pale ghostly white. “You might wanna run, kid.” Said Lay, already sprinted down the circular track.

Upon hearing Lay’s voice, the creature snaps its head into the two’s direction. Eye’s precisely on Chanyeol, and with a grunt, it took off after him. “AAAAAHHHHH SHEEEETTTTT.” Yelled Chanyeol running away from the beast at his high speeds. At his former school, he was the star player on his baseball team – not to mention the captain of the basketball’s, so running at fast speeds was nothing right? Wrong.

The beast caught up to Chanyeol easily, only several meters behind the boy. While Lay himself, was running at a pace neither too fast to be behind to beast, but neither too slow to be in Chanyeol’s position. He ran a consistent speed effortlessly, without losing a drop of sweat.

“LAY HELP!” shrieked Chanyeol, arms fiercely pushing on in an attempt to go faster. Lay didn’t respond to his pleas, instead, he only ignored him and continued on.

“I know they only been up in there fo' three minutes yo, but shouldn't one of mah thugs stop dat thang before it smokes him?” asked D.O with worried eyes.

The beast kept clamming its jaws at Chanyeol who was only in a meres reach. Chanyeol having to jump at the sound of its jaws coming down. Hoya shook his head and looked down at the pleading giant,” I don’t see a reason not to.”

“How about he dies and it’s on your hands?” countered Baekhyun, having already grown fond of the boy.

“Nah, he’ll live. It’s trained to only scare you all, but not to eat yo-.” Hoya was cut off when a shriek was sounded below. Everyone – but Tao who hand no interest – raced to the edge to see what was happening. The Aldet was pounced on top on Chanyeol, Chanyeol himself was kicking and trying to wiggle himself out of its grasp, but hand no luck since he’s arms where bound by its paws and its weight was too much for him. “Uhm, I know y’all busy and stuff, but.. CAN SOMEONE ING GET HIS ER OFF OF ME!!!!” he yelled at the others.

Hoya panicked,” Th-There usually not supposed to do that.” he ran back to the controls to yank the beast back into the cage where it came from since it’s collar was still attached, but the trigger didn’t work. “ ITS BROKEN.” He swore. Hoya opened his palm, showing his weapon Aria. “All i-“he didn’t get to finish his incantation at the sound of someone jumping into her pit.

Sword clenched in hand and still in case, Haru slid down the slanting walls to Chanyeol. She tsked at Lay, noticing he just standing afar – doing nothing but stand crossed arms and smirking at the view.

“HARU!” yelled Kai, jumping in to go after her, but Hoya stopped him. “The hell!”

“I don’t want more students to get mixed up in this.” He holds out his palm again,” All I want.” And with that, his Aria grows bright and a bow came crossing through the demonic circle. He aimed the bow at the Aldet, pulling his bow string back, a whitish arrow appeared from it – ready to shoot even ever something looked out of hand.

Haru jumped off the walls and in-between Chanyeol and the beast. She clamped her grip and positioned her feet correctly, with all the muscle she can pull from her body – she took a large baseball bat like swing at the beast’s jaw. Earning an animal shriek and it jumping back in pain, enough for Chanyeol to wiggle out and stand besides Haru.

“Haru, come on!” he yelled yanking her arm.

Haru didn’t move instead, she let out a low click of her tongue as the beast recovered faster than predicted and lunged at the two. Haru kicked Chanyeol harshly out of the way before being tackled onto the ground. “HARU!” he yelled from the ground.

Haru had her sword in-between the beast’s jaws as a clamp to keep it open, her right shoulder leaking in blood since the demon tackled her with its sharp teeth. She grunt her teeth as she felt the blood already staining her shirt. Arms and body shaking trying to keep its jaws open. “IF SOMEONE COULD KILL THE DAMN THING – THAT’D BE GREAT!” she yelled at the on lookers above.

“For s sakes, teach! Take the shoot!” yelled Chen.

Hoya already wasting no time at all before he took the shoot, hitting the Aldet straight in the head. The demon let out a whaling shriek, before dissolving into black and into the air. Haru panted, bringing her arms down beside her. Shoulder leaking out more then she’d like and into the dirt floor.

“Haru! Are you okay!?” yelled Chanyeol, rushing to her side.

She pasted a faint smile,” Yeah, couldn’t be better.” She mocked.

Chanyeol looked at her with worried eyes,” Don’t joke around like that when you’re losing so much blood!” he attempted to scoop her into his arms bridal style, but she shook him off.

“It’s alright, as long as you’re okay” Haru said weak and groggy. “I can walk, just point to me where the nurses office is.” She attempted to pick herself and walk, but collapsed onto the ground once again.

“HARU!” called Yeol once again, noticing her eyes closed and her body become limp. He brought her into his arms and lightly shook her. “Wake up! Come on! Don’t die on me!”

“She’s not dead, Chanyeol.” Stated Hoya, pushing up his glasses with the other meisters approaching behind him. “She’s just unconscious from the blood lost. She’ll be fine when we get her to the nurse’s office.” Chanyeol sighed in relief, but his face stiffened when he looked back at her drained body.

“Come on, I’ll show you the way.” Urged Luhan, pushing through the meisters. Chanyeol bowed his head in thanks before picking her up and walking back up the stairs with Luhan to the office.

“Why tha hell didn't you do anything?” D.O asked, very unpleased by the lack of affection Lay showed.

Lay just shrugged his shoulders, looking away from the glaring teammates. “Ehy yo thugged-out ...” D.O swore, charging up to Lay to show him a lesson, but a swift black shadow came in-between the two.

D.O stopped in his tracks. The younger boy stared at D.O with killer daggers in his eyes. “Take another step, and I’ll make sure the Aldet isn’t the only thing that dies in his ring today.” Spat Tao. D.O growled at him. Lay could only smirk behind the boy.

“No, need for that.” called Suho, stepping in between D.O and Tao. “Our college is badly hurt, and class is still in session.”

“He’s right.” Commented Hoya. “Everyone back up on the platform, but Sehun and Xiumin.” Hoya turned back to head up the stairs, but Sehun called for him.

“But isn’t the demon gone? How are we going to continue the lesson without it? Plus, shouldn’t we at least wait for Haru to see if she’s alright?”

Hoya faced the boy. “I assure you, Sehun-sshi. Haru is a strong girl and she’ll live through this. Class wouldn’t be stopped to this abrupt accident. We actually happen to have another Aldet, this one just happens to be a bit slower. The one I pushed on you all just happened to be quiet quick. My bad.” With a push of his glasses, he returns to his path up the stairs. Sehun running a hand through his hair while Xiumin cried to the heavens in the back ground.

“Oh, and Kris.” Hoya mentions walking past the boy. Kris’s ears perking up. “You’re excused from today since you’re partner isn’t here.” Kris mentally fist bumped himself, but Hoya didn’t stop there. “Just be sure to visit her in the nurse’s room and say sorry.”

*.*

--

From afar in one of the windows above the ring – watching in the dark, one squatting down with a large sword over his shoulder, while the other floating a mere 2 feet off the ground with his cane twirled happily in his hand. “What do you think about this year’s recruits?” asked the caned one.

The other squatted one flashed an evil smirk. “They’re brilliant.” He watched as Hoya switched the demons out, and lightly laughed when the littler chubby cheeked one screaked,” MOTHER SOHEE PLEASE SAVE ME!” as the demon begun chasing.

“My children, which ones are mine?” he asked.

The cane one pointed to each of his new assigned students,” As you already know, you have Suho and Kris.”

He tsked. “They’re skills in the sword are still lackey.”

“Then there’s Kai, he happened to choose double katanas.” He pointed to the man watching Sehun and Xiumin in worry; hopping another Haru incident wouldn’t happen.

“He looks promising.”

“And the girl with the red hair, who jumped into the pit carelessly – Haru Jung.”

The sword wielders ears pricked up,” Jung? It isn’t the Jung, is it?”

Sunggyu’s smile flashed from ear to ear,” Precisely her. Didn’t you see the sword?”

“I did, but to think she’s still…” The sword wielder smiled in anticipation. Chuckling, he stands up, sword still hunched over his back. “I’m so excited for this year, Gyu.”

“As well as I, Woohyun.”

--

“S-She’ll be okay, right?” asked a very nervous Chanyeol, his hand clenched around her sword he was asked to take along with him, his other hand tightly onto Haru’s. Who was lying in bed peacefully in a clean shirt, and a bag of her same typed blood flowing into her on the other arm Chanyeol wasn’t squeezing. That just happened to be the side Luhan stood over, his heart squeezing in pain whenever Haru made the slightest whimper as the nurse healed with her Kanna magic.

“She’ll be fine, Mr. Park. Just give her time to rest.” She smiled, whipping the blood off with a rag. “She’s a very tough girl, I’m surprised. I remember when I ran with an Aldet. Same thing happened to be, but it bit my leg. I was close to dying, but since we hand Sungyeol running the exercise – I was saved on scene. Ms. Jung on the other hand, considering she was on a 10 minutes run from here survived, is a very luck girl.” With that, she slipped back to her private office while the boys watched over her.

Luhan feeling guilty since of his morning, and after hearing Sehun’s scolding, it didn’t even help. He and Chen both agreed to day sorry to get it over with, but knowing she almost died. It just stung even more. He looked across the bed, slightly grinning at the color returning to her face, but lost it when he seen Chanyeol’s sadden expression.

Luhan sighed, knowing exactly what he was thinking,” It’s not your fault.”

Chanyeol tore his eyes from her for a brief second to look at Luhan,” Yes, it is. If only I ran fast enough, if only I was strong enough to fight it off, if only I wasn’t a coward to help her…”

“You’re squeezing too hard.” Luhan commented, noticing Chanyeol’s grip on her hand tighten.

Chanyeol noticed and muttered a,” Sorry.”

Luhan sighed,” It’s not your fault, Yeol. That Aldet was actually fast for its kind. I should know. I was faced against that damned thing every time I stepped into the ring. Hoya was just being a little too curious for his own good today.”

“How did you over run the thing? I used to be the captain of the basketball team, not to mention a star player on the baseballs. It caught up to me like I was some kind of slug.”

Luhan shrugged,” I used my powers to hold it back a bit while I ran.”

Chanyeol chuckled,” You sneaky basterd.” Luhan smirked, happy that Chanyeol didn’t seem so grim anymore.

A light knock was sounded on the door before someone pushed it open, his model like appearance striding up to the two.

“Kris…”