Truth

Class 101

Chapter Eleven; Truth

“You are not human, Jung Haru.” 

 

 

It let out another ear piercing screech before it flew towards her with its wings. Front talons ready to grab her. Haru was frozen at shock at the beast in front of her. Her mind yelling at her feet to move or at least ing duck, be she remained still.

“Haru! Move!” yelled Chen from below, shooting up at the winged beast. His thunder shots didn’t effect it at all, it screeched once more before aiming closer to her. “Damn it! Haru!”

“Haru!” yelled another. Suddenly, a mighty wind picked up in the room, causing the beast to collide into the auditorium wall, wall crumbling beneath it. Haru looks to where she last saw the boys leave, all of him making their way towards her while Sehun was breathing harshly. A hand on his knee while his other was open, pointed at the beast.

Her legs finally found movement in them as she tried to run to the others, but she couldn’t. Something large and hard dug into her shoulders, before she knew it; she was lifted off the ground and breaking through the ceiling. The boys called after her, followed by a faint,” Master!

“What the hell was that!?” yelled Baekhyun, watching through the hole as Haru disappeared.

“That was a griffin.” Called Kris - Suho, Chen, and Luhan catching up to him behind as they gathered with the others. “They’re usually peaceful creatures and they only attack when they’re guarding something or watching over treasure. I don’t know what the hell one like that is doing here.”

“I don’t care about that things background story.” Bit Chanyeol. “We have to get Haru back before she gets hurt.”

Unless you can fly, I think we’re going to have a hard time with that.” said Tao.

Chanyeol glared at the boy, Tao only shrugged – knowing he was right. Chanyeol knew it too, but he didn’t want the answer so straight forward like that, he wanted some idea of peace that they’d get her back.

“Are you all alright?” asked Myungsoo, who happened to teach Phantom class, and happened to pop out of nowhere next to D.O, causing the boy to jump.

“We all are.” Answered Suho. “But that was that griffin doing here? What about the barrier?”

Myungsoo sighed before rubbing his temples,” The guards let it down for a brief second for some reason, the damned thing just slipped in. We currently don’t know what it’s doing here… Where’s Haru?” he asked, noticing to red head wasn’t there.

“That’s the problem.” Stated Sehun, regaining his strength from that massive wind he didn’t think he could ever make. “It took her.”

Myungsoo rubbed his temples again. “.”

 

Haru pounded her fist against the griffin’s claw as it carried her through the sky. “Yah! Let me go!” she yelled at it, but it was no use. The beast ignored her while it flew through the sky. At times like these, she wish she had her sword with her – not like she knew how to use it anyways.

Blood started to seep down her arms and rain down, the griffins claws where dug securely in her shoulders. Haru winced in pain every time it gripped harder when she shrugged, plus, gravity wasn’t doing her a favor on this either.

She was a sitting duck. Nothing to attack it with, no spells she knew how to use, hell, she tried to claw out its eyes and claw it back – but her arms didn’t allow her to move. “I SAID LET ME GO!” she yelled again, thrashing, seeing if she could release her, but she only tore her muscle more – blood leaking everywhere.

Haru.” Whispered a voice behind her.

Haru could only look over her shoulder, amazed to find Lay here – he hanging onto the griffin by its back foot. The beast not noticing at all.

“Out of all the people…” She whispered back.

Lay rolled his eyes. “I’m going to get you out of this, but you have to trust me, okay?

Haru only nodded. Lay opened his left palm while his right securely hung onto the griffin’s foot for leverage.

“Rip.”

His palm lit up a light green, a circled demonic circle forming as a kunai knife appeared. Lay skillfully caught it before it fell down there 600 feet griffin ride. Haru looked back at Lay, the boy nodded as soon as there two eyes met.

With a large leap as he balanced himself and kicked the griffin’s foot, he threw himself onto the back of the griffin – the beast started to screech at the sudden weight. Lay gripped on its ear before it flew him off its back. He quickly jammed his knife into the side of its head, right into the brain for an instant kill. The beast let out one last died out screech before letting go of Haru as it started to lose altitude and started to free fall from the sky.

Haru felt the sudden release of the griffin and started to scream. Not because she was scared. The free fall and cool air bellowing around her – and right into her flesh wound stung more than it did hanging. Her red hair pushed in front of her, blocking the girl of her vision. She wondered here Lay went, but suddenly felt someone tug on her right arm.

Lay quickly jumped off the griffin before he was dragged down with it, free falling after the quickly falling Haru. He grabbed her extended hand and hugged her into his chest. One hand securely around her waist, while the other behind her head.

“Lay! What are you doing!? We’re going to die if we just free fall like this!” she called over the whishing wind.

Lay looked behind him before taking in a deep breath,” Just trust me.”

“Lay, seriously I-“

She was cut short as something caught the two. Not necessary something, but it stopped there falling. The lake water engulfed the both of them. Lay hitting the water first – harshly. He let go of Haru momentarily before reaching out to grab her again, swimming them both up to the surface. They both gasped for air as soon as they hit the surface. Haru coughed up water for she didn’t expect a lake to suddenly pop out of nowhere, taking in some lake water into her lungs.

“I told you to trust me.” Chuckled Lay.

Haru moved her wet bangs out of her eyes before glaring at him. “You could’ve at least told me there was going to be a lake.”

Lay shrugged,” What’s the fun in that?”

Haru shook her head before swimming to shore, Lay following behind her. The two rested close to the shore line, thick wood surrounding them completely. Haru sat herself down on a large rock while Lay wringed out clothes.

“Does it hurt?” he asked, noticing the amount of blood on her uniform.

“I does, but I can manag-“

Lay took off his school jacket, ripping off both of the sleeves with ease. “Your uniform-“

“Don’t’ worry about it.” He said, dropping the rest of the jacket and taking both ripped sleeves. He moved her arms gently to tie both sleeves around the two wounded areas, hopping to at least stop the bleeding. “I know it isn’t much, but it’d stop the bleeding for now.” He stretched out his back before laying down on the grass next to Haru, hands above his head. Eyes closed.

“Now what? We don’t exactly have phones or anything to call the guys to get us… in the middle of nowhere.” She said, noticing the surrounding woods.

With eyes still closed,” Tao will tell them where we are, just wait.”

“How does he know?”

“He knows a lot of things. Just have faith in him.”

Haru looked dumfounded, there was no possible way that he’d know.

As if Lay read her mind,” He’s been good at things like this since he was a kid. Just trust me.”

Haru sighed, knowing it was no use. “But then how did you know if there was a lake?”

“I didn’t.”

“What if we died just now?”

“Then we die.”

“You’re really short explanatory, huh?”

“I do what I can.”

Haru sighed. She tried to drain out the reminding water she had in her hair to prevent herself of a cold. Her uniform was soaked to the core. She already lost one shoe from flying. Speaking of slaying, where did that thing go?

“What exactly was that thing?”

“It was a griffin.” He answered. “They usually guard treasure, priceless objects usually. They’re peaceful when not bothered. I don’t know why one wanted you.”

“Is it because of the sword…” she muttered to herself, finger on chin.

“Sword?” Lay asked.

Haru shook her head. “No… just forget what I said.”

“If you say so.”                                                                                        

“Another question…”

“Jesus.”

“Why are you so nice today? Why did you risk yourself for me? Surely, I thought you hated me from that one time.” Haru admitted.

Lay thought about it. “I really don’t know why. It was just instinct, I guess. Today’s a good day for me.”

“Good day?”

Lay remained silent and hummed. Haru shook her head, and slightly smiled.

 

--

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Who’s blood it that? Where’s the damned thing, I’ll go kill it.” Blabbered a worried Chanyeol, closely examining Haru for any signs of injury.

Haru pushed him away to give herself some space, she felt claustrophobic by his worry. “I’m fine. I only hurt my shoulders, again. It’s mine. And Lay killed it, I’m not sure where it went.” She answered, adjusting her arm a bit so the nurse could work on her arm.

Lay was right.

Tao and several other cars filled with some exorcist and agents filled the area – looking for the killed griffin. A car took them safely back to campus as Tao explained what happened after. Sunggyu happened to erase the memories of every student there of the events and replaced it of ones where they had a normal, and fun assembly, while the boys were called to the headmasters office for briefing. Haru asked the boy how Sunggyu had the capability of doing that, but the boy said he was about as clueless as she.  

Haru was now at the all too familiar nurses’ office. Getting healed by the Kanna magic she used for serious injures like this. Chanyeol and Xiumin happened to check on her after sneaking out of the meeting. Xiumin kept his cool from seeing the blood she had, assuring her everything was going to be fine while Chanyeol freaked out and yelled at Anna, the school nurse, to be more careful every time the girl made a wince.

“That should do.” Announced Anna as she finished, tucking her hands into her lab jacket. “Do you want a clean shirt?”

Haru shook her head before hopping off the table. Chanyeol raised his arms, just in case if she was to fall, but the girl gave him a reassuring smile. “I think I’ll be fine. Thank you for fixing me up again.” She thanked.

“No problem.” Smiled Anna, patting the red head on the head before slipping into her personal office. Haru made her way out the room, Xiumin and Chanyeol trailing behind her.

“Are you okay to walk?” asked Chanyeol, worriedly.

“Don’t worry so much, I’m fine.” She calmed, turning down the hall.

“You were just taken by a large lion bird. How the hell am I not supposed to?”

“You barely know me, Yeol.” She defended.

“Doesn’t mean I don’t care.” He bit back.

“Geez.” Xiumin cut in. “Just get married.”

Chanyeol rubbed the older hair while Haru shook hers.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN TELL US!?” yelled Kris angry, from the other side of the headmasters door. “SOMEONE COULD’VE DIED AT LEAST GIVE US AN EXPLINATION!” The trio gave each other worried looks before stepping in, but to their surprise, the door flew open on its own with Kris storming out. Luhan and Baekhyun worriedly catching up to him.

“I-Is everything okay in here?” asked Chanyeol, walking in the room and meeting the others gathered in front of Sunggyu’s large wooden desk.

Suho sighed before rubbing his temples. “No, it’s not. Come on, we have to leave. It’s headmasters and Haru time.” He guided the giant out, linking arms with him as the rest followed. Haru looked as her teammates left her alone in the room. D.O gave a reassuring smile before he closed both of the doors.

“How are you feeling?” asked Sunggyu. Haru turned around, seeing the usually happy male a bit stern and sad looking.

“I’m fine, it just stings a bit. I could ask you the same.” Sunggyu cracked a chuckle, he motioned Haru to take a seat – to which she did gladly.

“I have… something to tell you.” He said grimly. He moved back in the chair a bit to pull out her sword hidden under his desk. He settled it ontop of his desk before putting his chin ontop of his hands before resting on the desk. “Did Mother Suni tell you anything? About who you really are?”

Haru looked confused before replaying,” Other than my parents being exorcist, then no, I don’t. You were going to tell me two weeks ago, but you never did.”

“Come in.” called Sunggyu. Haru looked over her shoulder to see all her class teachers walk into the room. They shuffled their way to both sides of Sunggyu, all looking a bit grim. “What if I told you… you weren’t human?”

Haru let out a scoff,” Come on, Sunggyu. I don’t think now is the time for your jokes.” She lightly laughed, but the look on their faces told her otherwise. “W-What…

“You are not human, Jung Haru.” Stated Woohyun coldly.

“You are from this planet, but you are not human.” Added Sungyeol, the Kanna and Biology teacher.

“The seven of us were asked pacifically to protect you. Us seven are the only ones who know who you really are.” Added Sungjong.

“To be exact, you are the daughter of God.” Finished Sunggyu.

Haru looked a bit dumb strict. Frozen at the thought. “W-Wh..” she couldn’t even choke out the words to tell his reaction. She needed time to take it in, or better yet believe him.

“Your real parents are your biological parents.” Explained Hoya. “God blessed you because you were close to death at birth due to a short unexpected birth during a mission. In a way, his holiness as rubbed off of you and you became a daughter of his in a way – a spawn of he’s. His and your parents where close friends due to their high exorcism rankings. That sword. It was created by him and was asked to be given to you at the age you’ve reached those dreams.”

Haru rained more still and the goose bumps on her incased in the mentioning of the dreams. Only Suni knew about them.

“Those dreams are just a warning he happened to give you if something like this was to happen and as we feared, those demons are after you.”

“W-Why me?” she choked out, nails dug tightly into the chair.

“Because you are the only thing God cares about on Earth – the only living thing on this planet demons can get. And he is the only one who knows the code to release Satan.” Explained Sungjong. “Since that mission years ago and since you cannot destroy him, they were left with no choice, but only locking him up.”

“But they said it was a mighty demon. Why can’t you kill him? Isn’t it for the great or good?”

“It’s a more of a ying and yang situation.” Stated Myungsoo. “You can’t have light without darkness and darkness without light. And who is the mightiest demon of all? The king of those hellish basterds.”

 “I-I… I don’t know what to say about all of this.” Haru said, voice disappearing.

“You don’t have to say anything about this.” Stated Sunggyu. “You just have to remain silent about this. All of this. No one can know.”

“Why not?”

Think about it.” Said Dongwoo. “If everyone knew you were God’s daughter, do you know how valuable that’d make you? That griffin got you today because we we’re too careless. If everyone knows who you really are, think of the numbers - the hundreds or thousands of threats that’d come to you. The academy can’t protect you here forever, nor can we.”

“Can’t I fight? My Aria…”

“You cannot go into holy water. Holy water has the same effects on you as it does a demon, I’m not sure how, but we were told to keep you way from it.” Explained Hoya. “You can fight, but the things is, if you reveal your sword to everyone. They’d know instantly of who you are. As for an Aria ability, we were told you get those in due time.”

“What exactly is my sword?” she asked, eyeing the sword laying on Sunggyu’s desk.

“It is the holy sword Excalibur. The sword of heroes. There is only one in existence, and made by the big man himself.” Woohyun emphasized, pointed upwards. “Thus, on days when we have normal lessons and small missions, I’ll be lending you a katana similar to yours. After hours, we will train with your real one.”

“You will also be carrying your sword with you for now on. I’ll cast a spell over your sword so no one, but an exorcists can see it.” Added Sunggyu. “Questions?”

Haru thought about it. Yet again, everything felt so unreal to her. Like she grew up with everything being a lie. She shook her read,” No… No I think I’m good.”

“Good.” Said Sunggyu, cracking his knuckles. “Continue everything like before. Have fun with your studies~” he grinned before poofing into the air; pinkness engulfing him.

“This guy is crazy, seriously.” Sighed Sungjong before leaving the room, Hoya, Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol following behind. Haru still remained still in her seat, allowing everything to seep in.

“Are you okay?” asked Dongwoo.

She slightly nodded, head hung low.

Dongwoo scoffed,” You don’t seem to be. Bright side said, at least you aren’t Satan’s child.” Haru only dryly chuckled, trying to make the best out of things.

How come she couldn’t be born normal? Why did this have to happen to her? Out of all people, it had to be her. It just irritated her more when she thought about it.

Why me, Dongwoo? Out of everyone, why me?” she asked, voice choking, tears forming.

Dongwoo noticed a sudden tear drop, he moved around the desk to squat in front of her. He held her hands which covered her face with his. Kind eyes looking up into her saddened teary ones. “Hey, hey, what’s with the tears?” he asked.

“I-I don’t know… Everything till know, it just feels like I’ve been living a lie, you know? What else isn’t true about me? I’m actually a boy, but had a gender change young? I was blind before but something magically turned my eyes normal and gold? What…” she choked, a sob escaping her.

Her crying broke Dongwoo’s heart, even though this wasn’t his scene or like him to help people crying; it tore him. Sighing, he brought her gently into his embrace, letting her cries dry out into his chest. Letting her sobs being drown out as he the back of her head with hushes.

Little did they know, someone was watching; watching from the small gap the teachers left after leaving the room. It hurt him a bit to see Dongwoo hugging her like that, but what he just heard earlier overpowered that. “Haru…” he sighed, feeling worried for the girl. 

 

 


 

Heeyyyyyy~

I acutally finished this a week ago, but i forgot about it. HARAHAHRHAH. I feel like this is a y chapter, but YOFE. Thanks to those who sucribed and upvoted~ Yall to nice~ 

I've been working another fic, so yall should go check that out too~ Just click on it~~~

Bio: There was a large castle that rested on a cliff, watching over the small village from above. Even in this modern day and age, castle and village’s existed… even vampires. The castle was homed to vampires who protected this certain city from dangers of the outside world, be it werewolves or night crawlers, for over thousands of years. In return, the village was to present the protectors with a “True Blood Bride,” which came either short or in long term. It all depended wither or not if they’ve already killed there current one out of boredom, or from her dry. They asked for the most beautiful among the young women living in the village; pure, , and innocent. Unfortunately, it was Seo Hyori’s turn to be sacrificed to these beast of the night. Question is, how long will she last?

 

I've been doing this too

This is how I'm failing in school