The Musical: [Final Repentance]

Compilation of Exo U, The First Class: (The Gardener's Lover) OC x Xiumin

Two weeks before the performance, Xiumin got enough of the silence that Cream was making. He decides that he really needs to find out the real meaning behind that. Soon after the club activity, Xiumin heads to the auditorium to wait for the young lady. As he ran along the hallway, he passes by Grell Sutcliff.

“Isn’t that Kim Minseok~?” he asks to himself.

Grell smiled. He knew what was going to happen.

“What a cruel thing you are~ LOVE.” He says.

Xiumin waited for too long, but it’s only in the practice when he saw Cream working with the others. He decided to approach her but Cream keeps herself busy. Seeing these unusual movements of the once irritating lady made Xiumin worry. He thought that maybe they’ll understand each other in dismissal.

 

Day 12 of Practice: Dismissal

“Cream, wait up!” Xiumin called.

“What is it?” Cream asks him.

“Why are you avoiding me the whole time?” Xiumin asks.

Cream frowns and turns around. “That has nothing to do with you.” She replies with a sarcastic voice.

But Xiumin wasn’t convinced. He pulls Cream by the arm to make her face him.

“Why are you being like this?!” he hollered. “I miss the Cream that once irritated me; the one that always makes fun of me during lunchtime; the one who never makes me feel alone!”

Cream looks at him; blushing and flustered.

“W-What..?” she stutters.

“Why are you being like this?” Xiumin repeated.

Cream tries to compose herself but she can’t. It’s the first time that she became like this.

“I—I don’t know…” Cream whispered and shrugs off Xiumin’s hand.

“Is it even possible, Cream?” Xiumin asks once again. “There’s a reason for everything.”

But Cream didn’t listen to him. She runs off in confusion, leaving Xiumin wondering what has gotten into her. Cream ran and ran until she bumps into Grell Sutcliff.

“It’s not right to run in the hallway, darling~” he reminded.

“S—Sorry, Mister Grell,” Cream said while trying to arrange her hair.

Grell notices how red the young lady’s face was so he invited her for some afternoon tea at his office. Grell suspects that it has to do with Kim Minseok so he brought the topic up.

“I wish that I have nothing to do with him,” Cream says.

“Why?!” Grell asks in a high-pitch tone. “Do you not know what you’re asking, Cream Haneul-Yeon?!”

“Is there a problem with that? If I didn’t help him from the start, I wouldn’t have gotten this unusual feeling right now!”

Grell sighs in defeat. He knew that the feeling Cream was feeling was LOVE. But for some reason, he didn’t want to tell her about it. She might know, or Grell just wanted to let the young lady find the answer herself. Grell purses his lips and dismisses Cream.

“Be careful for what you wish for, Cream,” he warned. “You never knew what will happen.”

Cream just shrugs and went away. Grell rests his chin on one palm and squints. A few moments later, he grins; showing his shark-like teeth. A plan has formed in his mind that was worth giving a try… though he’s not sure if it’ll bring the sun back to its sky.


Out of the stress she’s receiving because of this unusual feeling, Cream decided to wind up and relaxes that day. Right after the practice for the musical, she goes to the grassy patch under the bridge to watch the calm river water flow. She breathes in the fresh air of the afternoon and lets out all her problems. After a few minutes, she decided to go home since it was getting dark already. As she left the place, Xiumin arrives. He sat down to the grassy patch and sighs loudly.

“You’re very unlucky, Kim Minseok~” he mumbles as he throws a rock on the river; completely ruining its peaceful flow.


That very moment, Grell and Ronald tracked down Cream. As he suspected, the two of them are really… predictable.

“Hey Mister Grell,” Ronald whines. “Why do I have to come with you? And in this crazy sweater?! Augh!”

“Be quiet, Ronnie~!” Grell said. “We are here to bring those two together again!”

“But how?” Ronald asks while replacing his hat on his head.

Grell smirks.

“You’ll see~” he replies. “Two minutes from now, Cream will pass by this bridge.”

“And then what?” Ronald asked once again.

“Just follow my lead~” Grell replies together with a wink.

Just like what Grell said, Cream passes by the bridge. That very instant, Grell and Ronald pretended to fight over something and start pushing each other. Cream, which was passing by then, got caught in the argument and was pushed down to the bridge.

“G—Grell senpai!” Ronald exclaimed. 


At that moment, Xiumin decided to go home but he hears somebody screaming. He looks at the bridge and saw somebody falling from it. He didn’t know where he got it; but he suddenly froze the whole river! Without a second to lose, he hurriedly ran towards the bridge and caught that person just in time!


Cream didn’t know why she was caught in that argument in the first place. The only thing she knew was that she was pushed down to the edge of the bridge and fell.

‘I’m going to die!’ she thought. ‘Is this… what Mister Grell was saying?’

Cream knows what will await her. She had accepted it and regrets what she says about Kim Minseok.

‘Now… I’m wishing to see you again… For one last time…’


Xiumin catches the person and he was surprised to see who it was.

“C—Cream?!” he hollered.

Cream opens her eyes at what she hears. She thought she was only dreaming but whom she saw was… Kim Minseok.

“M—Minseok?!” Cream asks.

“Idiot!” Xiumin yells at her and puts her down. “What were you thinking?! Do you really wanted to end your life that easily?!”

“Moron!” Cream retorts and hits Xiumin. “I don’t have any reason to die so why would I do that?! I was accidentally pushed by those freaks up the bridge!”

Xiumin looks at her with worried eyes. He puffs his cheeks and bows down.

“Sorry,” he mumbled. “I was so worried about you.”

“Why?” Cream asks; her voice cracks as she did.

“I don’t know…” Xiumin replied. “I thought that I did something wrong to you that’s why you’re avoiding me. So, I wanted to say sorry.”

Cream blushes and her uneasy feeling towards Xiumin disappear. Instead, she felt very warm. She accepted his sorry and forgives him. Meanwhile, above the bridge, Grell smiles in joy.

“I knew it~!” he exclaims.

“What, Mister Grell?” Ronald asks.

“Oh never mind~ let’s go now. We still have a ton of souls to hunt tonight~”

Ronald’s eyes pops out in surprise.

“I—Is this for real?! M—Mister Grell is eager to work tonight?!” he asks the red head.

Grell just returned a smile before disappearing to the night.


What a stupendous planner you are Grell! All for the name of Love!