A Ray of Sunshine

Compilation of Exo U, The First Class: (The Gardener's Lover) OC x Xiumin

A normal day at EXO U... Well, it's not normal once you see Sir Ronald Knox running on the corridor while riding his lawnmower!

“Hey Xiumin!” Ronald called.

Xiumin looked over his shoulder, only to find the young professor running towards him.

“What is it, sir?” Xiumin asked.

Ronald didn’t say anything. Instead, he pounds his death—err, lawnmower to the latter’s head. (A/N: It must've hurt!)

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Xiumin hollered while rubbing his head.

“FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE KIM MINSEOK!” Ronald yelled at him while fixing his glasses. “Didn’t I tell you to be at the garden this afternoon?!”

Xiumin realizes about the note the latter just left on his desk. He apologizes and ran with Ronald back to the garden.

 

Inside the garden, the Gardening Club of EXO U is formed in a circle; staring intently at the single sunflower bud in a small pot. Along with them are the people who were bound to their contract, with the exception of Kai; William T. Spears, and Grell Sutcliff. Ronald and Xiumin came before them; gasping for air.

“D-Did we make it..?” Ronald asks between gasps.

“By a second you’re considered late,” William reckoned.

“Really?!” Ronald exclaimed. “This wouldn’t count for overtime in return, right?” he asked nervously.

Ronald was met with the group shushes to quiet him. I wonder what was with the sunflower bud. Not long after, it started to bloom, showing its yellow majesty. Everybody cheered.

“Now we can grow sunflowers even at winter!” Lu Han declared.

“Have you seen Kai and Sei?” Xiumin suddenly interrupted the cheering.

As though as a response, Jongin and Sei appeared before them.

“Where did you two went off?” Kyungsoo asked as soon as they arrived.

“Sorry,” Sei apologized as she bows down. “We just went out to get these sunflower seeds.”

“The weather regulator was a great success,” Baekhyun said. “With that, we wouldn’t worry much about the winter.”

 

Everybody was happy because of their success. But amidst their celebration, Xiumin feels down. Seeing the girl of his dreams with another man is something that he can’t even imagine. He left the garden with a sad expression. Baekhyun noticed his unusual movements so he decided to talk to the latter.

“Do you have time to share that problem, hyung?” he asks Xiumin.

Xiumin looked at him and purses his lips. He nodded and Baekhyun invited him to sit by the shade of a large tree on the school grounds.

“I’m sorry for dragging you in this,” Xiumin mumbled as they sat under the shade.

“It’s nothing hyung” Baekhyun said and taps the latter’s shoulder. “But you should stop it hyung. You already gave your reply to her. Even Mister Grell would tell you the same.”

“I know,” Xiumin sighed. “But I just can’t forget her…”

“Come on, no need to force yourself,” Baekhyun replied. “The right person will come… Or maybe she’s already waiting for you,”

“Whatever dongsaeng,” Xiumin sighed again. “Nothing helps,”

 

Xiumin left the school early that day. Truly; nothing helps. He stopped by the park to think about everything. Just how could he…? He already had the opportunity and he blew it. Xiumin bows down and took out a rose from his bag. This is the rose that he’s supposed to give Sei yesterday. The symbol of love...

“Hey you,” A voice interrupted Xiumin from his deep thoughts.

Xiumin looked up and finds a girl staring at him.

“Unrequited love..?” she asks him. “It’s impudent to hold a rose when you’re broken hearted.”

“Huh? W-When did I even tell you that I was broken hearted?!” Xiumin asks her; puffing his cheeks.

“Your tears were caught in between the petals,” the girl replied while pointing at the rose.

Xiumin glances at the rose before realizing that he was actually tearing up. He looks at the girl once again.

“D-Don’t stick your nose in other’s problems, given that you and I are total strangers.” He said.

The young girl raises her left hand.

“I’m Cream Haneul-Yeon,” she introduced.

“K-Kim Minseok,” Xiumin said with hesitation and lazily shakes her hand.

“Cheer up, Kim Minseok!” Cream told him. “Your problem will soon fade away like the mist!”

Xiumin was about to react when Cream ran away.

“H-Hey!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Sorry! I’ll miss the train!” Cream called out and went off.

Xiumin scratched his head as he watches the young lady ran off. He wondered… Why was he being scolded by that lady in the first place..? Oh yeah. It’s because he’s sad…

“What a pain,” Xiumin mumbled to himself. “What a pain… Love is.”

 


Who was the girl that our dear Xiumin had talked to? Will he ever meet her again?