Chapter 6

Oh, Neighbor!

 

(Song Request: A.D.T.O.Y from 2PM! It will add some emotions kekek ^.^)

 

 

 

"You have a message! You have a message!" My phone spoke. 

I viciously rubbed my eyes to rid them of the deep slumber that relaxed them. The sudden bright screen scorched my eyeballs into imaginary flames. 
The message read: 
 
Where are you?
- Daehyun
 
Unconsciously I groaned in frustration. I rose from the bed, waking Lacy, and strode to my closet to dress in my rescuing uniform. 
"Ten minutes left," I reminded myself as I shoved my heavy duty boots on my feet and wrapped them around the slots, then finishing them with a pretty bow. 
I bid my goodbyes to Lacy after filling the once empty bowl with her beloved dry dog food. Opening the door to a new day felt refreshing. I didn't have to be continuously reminded of the events that could simply pass by me like the wind. 
I sighed a relief that today wasn't going to be a crappy day. The sun was shining confidently down on the earth and that was all I needed right now. 
The feeling of saving animals giddied my stomach and heart, it created a delightful feeling that I knew I was doing something right. I was saving lives of those who never fought for their justice because their fears would devour them whole, leaving them shaking in their coats. 
I was there to save them. I was a superhero. 
"Why didn't you answer my text?" A voice whispered in my ear, frightening me. I screamed to relieve the tension of my racing heart. 
"Why do you pop out of nowhere?" I shot him a warning glance. 
"I thought it would be fun." Daehyun kept his pace steady with mine as if he was afraid that I would outrun him and never return. The space between us was so small that it stole my breath. 
"To me or you?" 
"Me." 
It's always about you isn't it? I thought to myself. 
I couldn't conceal my snicker or the smirk that displayed on my mouth. 
"What?" 
"Nothing."
"You're so straightforward," he said, totally irrelevant to the conversation that I desired that we weren't having. 
"Don't forget yourself," I stated as I took a sharp right turn down the street. Passing the pet shop brought an image of Lacy in my mind, causing me to grin like an idiot. 
Stay well, I'll be back soon. I mentally sent her my thought. 
"Where are we off to?" He asked as he was becoming short of breaths and soon panting. 
"I'm off to wo-" 
A lady strolling her baby carriage came into view but she was taking all of the space of the sidewalk. Where was I to go? Not in the streets of rushing traffic that was for sure.
"Hey!" Daehyun called but I couldn't turn around in time. 
The lady paid no attention to me as she ran and bumped over my foot causing me to fall. Someone clutched onto my wrist just as I was about to collapse. 
A forehead crashed against mine; the same person who saved me. A hand cupped the part of my head could've been cracked open and leak my brains.
Our lips accidentally crashed against each other, molding perfectly into the space. 
My eyes shot open to view Daehyun over me, eyes gazing back at me. I couldn't move if I tried, he was on top of me, his hand still hooked to mine. We were so close that I felt his breath that escaped through his nose washed over my face. Goosebumps wracked through me as I found myself not completely despising the fact we were lip-locked. 
I broke the contact once I realized what I was thinking, leaving him surprised.