Chapter 2

Oh, Neighbor!

 

 

I closed the front door behind me, securely locking it so that Lacy could be protected along with the house. A pair of sadden eyes trailed me down the walkway to the sidewalk, but I just waved goodbye to them; Lacy's. My hands found an earbud with it's sibling and pulled it out to be put to good use. I clicked the headphones into my cellphone and played my workout playlist on full blast. I wanted to drown myself from the world, from that man, just for thirty minutes. As much as I loved nature and it's memorizing beauty, I needed a break for right now. 

(A/N: The song she was listening to was COUP D'ÉTAT by G-Dragon.)

I couldn't help but mouth the words to the song was playing, it was so fierce with it's Hip Hop and Rap beats and gave me the feeling of bursting into a dance. That would be strange, very peculiar, so I just laughed instead. 

"What's so funny?" I heard someone inquire; that man. I turned up the music about three decimals higher to drown out his voice. This run was to avoid him, hopefully to forget him completely. He just kept on rambling and as I click the volume up, I still could hear the slightest of sounds. 

"Ah, the cold shoulder," he raced up next to me, "Something you poor people do to immaturely avert from your problems." The song changed.

"Give it to my Y," I sang. "Listen to my Y." My singing was better when I wasn't out of breath and coated with sweat. "Just slow it down." 

(A/N: The song that she was singing along to was Y by MBLAQ.) 
 

 

The rap was playing and I felt a rush of more energy, dashing past the man that caused me to curse out the coffee machine for being too sluggish in the morning.
A fork in the road was coming ahead, I chose the right side while leaving him across the street, on the left side, staring unbelievingly at my figure. I chose this lane because there was a bridge up ahead, forcing myself to exert and force more energy out of me. 
Just forget that he ever came here, I thought. 
Using my peripheral vision, I glanced to see if that insane man was still following me. He wasn't, allowing me to release a sigh of relief. He was going to drive the sane state out of my body if his acts continue or increase. That man was too much for me to handle. The name he flaunted out- that I supposed was his- was out of my mind. He was Asian, just like myself, but I couldn't remember from which part he was from. Without the clue of his name, he could be an assassin in disguise for all I knew. 
I decided that I traveled too far away from Lacy, so I jogged back to the house where she greeted me with slobbery of appreciation. I patted her back, in the same spot that she loved, as she nibbled on my fingers. It tickled my senses. She was such an adorable and affection puppy, seven months I had her, I rescued her from her previous owner that used to abused her until her body bled. That was my career. A veterinarian and apart of the animal rescue team. I enjoyed to heal the wounds of animals, to display somehow that I am not of any harm and show them how different people treat them; a second chance to have a refreshing life. 
"Lacy, did you chew this?" My voice echoed through the house. I picked up on Lacy's nails clanking against the wooden floors as she ran to the sound of my voice. She was so cute when she did that. 
"Sit." I had to be assertive with her since she was just a young one. "I'm going to ask you again. Did you chew this?" I pointed to the sneaker in my hand, now distorted, ripped, and the shoelaces out of place, she probably tried to loosen them. 
Lacy laid on her stomach, in guilt with a pair of sadden eyes. She was hammered my heart with her expression, she was abused meaning she cowered against violence, so I just have a firm face and a finger to punish her with. Dog's can feel a human's feeling so she will learn from her mistake. 
"No." She whimpered in fear of whatever her previous owner used to pelt her with. I felt pity for my puppy. 
"Okay, I'll give in this time, but I won't next. Deal?" I chuckled, rubbing my hand over her head, then walking to the living room with heavy feet. My calves burned with adrenaline that has yet to be used or put to use, and my stomach roared with hunger. 
I crashed on the couch, reaching for the remote on coffee table where I place it like all the other times. 
The weather channel was where I last left off on my channel surfing but I decided to leave it on. I haven't been keeping up with the news lately so I had no acknowledgement if I was still in a safe environment which seemed rare these days. 
Lacy ran off somewhere, probably to the guest room, her nails clanking against the floors. I wonder if there were marks of her. 
"And that concludes our forecast of today, back to you Judy." 
As Judy was rambling about today's report, the doorbell rang, causing Lacy to bark.