Chapter 1

Oh, Neighbor!
 
 
I spent my day like any other; perched on the park bench, watching the children play with the equipment that the park provided, and noticing the summer leaves darken into fall's. I was anticipating the fall and winter more than my own birthday. It was only those times of the year that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, I wondered if I was alone on this type of feeling. I wished that summer could just burry itselflike a ground hog, and let the more beautiful and enjoyable seasons take their role. 
 
The leaves of an oak tree, who's branches stretched over the park bench to shade me away from light, fell one by one, having a dance with the breeze and completing several dips and spins until they fall in silence to the ground. It was an amazing sight to experience how nature's colors change and how an environment and temperature can alter in little time and brighten up my past, a gray and blurry world. 
 
The children were playing, tapping each other on the shoulder then running away from who they just touched, like any normal child would. The environment was normal and how it usually was. Everything was in straight position, except myself. I was distorted by the past events that I haven't been prepared for. 
 
A new man had moved in next door, quite an arrogant being he was when he greeted me, glancing down at me as if I was something of peasantry. Just a hint for him, I was nothing close to that. I was an independent woman that didn't need their parent's money to a purchase a house as far away from them as possible, I paid my expenses as an adult and as the responsibility I decided to take. He reminded me of a child, still dependent and leaning on them for anything. Besides the fact that he was wearing a Rolex that must've costed a fortune, designer clothes that I never knew existed, and shoes that seemed to have their own protective coat from the dirt he was standing on, he seemed worthless to me. He had wore his pride as transparent as the fingers on his hands and the gelled strands of hair that stood on his insured head. Oh, how I wished I could depart his head from his neck like a Barbie doll's, and punt it across the house and into the backyard where my dog, Lacy, would chew him to bits. Maybe not that much hatred, but I couldn't help myself because I had anger issues ever since preschool. 
 
Ever since that day, he would bother me, naming more expensive and brands of clothes with better quality than what I was wearing. I didn't give much thought to what he was saying before popping in my earbuds and going for a jog to ignore him. He would keep his pace next to me, poking my forehead several times to throw me off balance and shout at him for being annoying. 
 
That has been happening for three agonizing months. My only desire was for him to realize that the house he bought wasn't such a great deal like the one he was convinced for, and he should pack his bags to leave.