Epilogue

Oh, Neighbor!

  

Seven years later.. 

I was ironing my clothes, tomorrow was the day that my employer was going to promote me. Planning ahead wasn't going to do any harm. Of course, we haven't discussed about the raise as well but it didn't matter when I was working as the leader of the pack. I would complete the same tasks as I was doing now but only with more power engraved within me. 
But how could I accept such a great offering when I have committed a crime? Something not a humungous deal with average people or anything to relate with at work, but it was consuming me whole; Daehyun. I have missed him more than ever and there was rarely a day that my thoughts wondered on his state. How was he? Had he moved on from our temporary love? 
My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. It was Youngjae coming to me to coffee. Ever since Daehyun stumbled in my life, he couldn't leave as simply as he entered and it bothered me more than anything. I couldn't focus on the man that had multiple, heart-warming moments with me; Yoo Youngjae. When I glanced at his eyes, the same gleaming was in Daehyun's and the feeling diminished into the air. Another relationship only reminded me of what I have done, how I have driven him away. I was caught up in the moment but that was no excuse to screech at him. 
"Hello-" 
There he stood, my night and shining armor. I haven't seen him since seven autumns ago. I knew now of how families waited upon their loved ones in the army, will they return intact or return in general? I ached for his scent, his protective arms wrapped around my body to shield me from the cruel world. He aided me when I wasn't shining my brightest and he brought the most loveable side of me. With him torn from my life, I was nothing. I was a walking sack of rice. Even my mother called from Korea to make certian I wasn't abusing myself; due to the absent calls that were suppose to ensure me that she was still alright over there. Was it horrible that I have missed Daehyun more than my own mother? It caused me to cringe. 
"D-Daehyun.." I choked out when I managed to say something. 
"Yoosang-ah.." He breathed. He tackled me with a hug, surrounding me with the familiar aura of his. This scene, this happening, it had to be a scam. The man embracing me was a figure of my immagination, this time appearing more legitimate than the others. It had to be, there was no way he still gazed upon my path, no way he still thought of me. 
"I was waiting for so long," I cried into the nape of his neck. His appealing skin sang sweet melodies in my ears. "I thought you wouldn't.." 
"Come? I needed you more than anything." 
His latent thoughts were set to words after all these years and I finally acknowledged his point of view that has altered from my lecture. He informed me that he would be more considerate to not only myself, but to others such as Youngjae. 
"I passed by him this morning and said my apologies. I knew today was the day I gathered enough courage to come back." 
That was it, my tears streamed down my face. I couldn't contain myself and unleashed the most hideous cry I have ever experienced. I have bottled my emotions, ensuring myself that I would be perfectly fine. He never witnessed me sobbing my eyes out before, let alone my wrecked emotions. 
Don't cry, you're tougher than that, I told myself that. I was weak. I could barely bring myself from escaping the bedroom in most mornings, how could I command myself to retain my tears? 
I shed them for me, for him. For the trouble he has caused, for what I have explained to him, for the emotions corrupting my heart. But that didn't matter, the fact that I was reunited with the only person that averted me into happiness was standing before me. He gazed into my eyes, hushing me, ensuring me that he would never abandon my side once again. 
He swooped down to reclaim my lips, what was rightfully his. I replied, tilting my head to be engulfed further into him. I missed his delicate, plump lips working against mine. Now I knew they were here to stay and it felt refreshing. My one and only returned to me safely.