A Day with Luhan - Part 2

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan parked the car. “We are here. Let’s go,” he said as he slid out of the driver’s seat.

“Oh, okay.” Hyoyeon looked at the surrounding as she followed him. ‘I know this road,’ she thought. From afar, she could see the statue of King Sejong, sitting grandly at the side road.

“Here. This is the place.” Luhan smiled as he pointed towards the Gwanghwamun Gate.

Hyoyeon stared at the main gate of the Gyeongbukgung Palace that stood tall in front of her. A mixed of emotions swirled inside her heart. ‘This place…’ Her parents’ face flashed in her mind. This was the last place she visited with them before they went and got involved with the plane crash. She felt feverish suddenly.

“Yesterday,” Luhan who was oblivious as her face went paler, said, “you said you like historical culture. So, I am sure you would like it here.”

“I can’t…” Her voice came out as a whisper.

“Huh?” Luhan sounded confused.

“Sorry. I can’t go there,” she repeated. “I can ignore other things, but not this place. I’m sorry, Luhan.” Her head was hung low.

It was her parents’ anniversary. It was a fun day out for their family before her parents rode that plane. She still remembered that day very clearly. As if it happened yesterday.

“I’m really sorry…” Hyoyeon thought she already could accept her loss. But standing here again made her eyes stinging the way they did when she tried to hold back the tears for too long. She reached up to brush the tears away and realized her cheeks were already wet. The happy memories they had that day were more cruel than the loss itself. To be extremely happy and then be extremely sad the next was too much to take.

She was startled when Luhan suddenly grabbed her wrist. “Come with me.” He pulled her towards the gate.

“Wai –,” Hyoyeon tried to break her wrist free but his grip was incredibly strong. “I said I don’t want to!” She shouted.

“I don’t understand. I’ve brought you all the way here. So, at least go in there gratefully,” Luhan said as he dragged her along with him.

“Even though you say that, I can’t! Luhan!” She was still struggling to yank her wrist back to no effect.

“Then are you going to keep on living like this?” The sudden question stopped her action. Luhan was looking at her straight in the eyes. “From now on until forever, are you going to live your life avoiding places where there are memories you want to forget there? How will you live if every little thing from your memories always hurts you easily?”

 He released her wrist but this time Hyoyeon made no effort to run away. She just stared at Luhan. There was something different about Luhan today, she thought, a seriousness he hadn’t had when she had first met him, something that made him look brave and confident at the same time.

“I get it,” she said at last. Her fists tightened at her sides. “I’ll go in.”

They walked in silent as they passed through the gate and went to buy the tickets. As for Hyoyeon, she suddenly felt enraged by with his provocation, with his accusing voice. That was the reason she gave him the silent treatment throughout their course.

‘He didn’t have to say it like that…’ she thought. ‘Stupid Luhan!’ In truth, she knew that she was only sulking because he hit the nail on the head.

Hyoyeon stopped in front of the Hyangwonjeong. She didn’t know how long she was staring at the artificial islet. But, she guessed it was long enough to make Luhan started speaking to her.

“Hyoyeon, aren’t you going to see the National Folk Museum?” She heard him asking.

“If you want to go, then go. I’ll stay here,” Hyoyeon said, hearing the rebelliousness in her own voice and hating herself for being petty.

After a moment, Luhan spoke. “Is that so? Ok, then.”

She heard his footsteps grew further and when she glanced back, he was gone.

‘Eh?’ Her thought heavy with betrayal. ‘That jerk! He actually went on his own!’ She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw him leaving her by herself despite him forcing her to come here. ‘He is a terrible tyrant, a devil, a monster!’ She found herself cursing him like a whiny five years old kid.

The pond looked shining in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter