The Calm before the Storm

In The Name Of Love

 

 

      As soon as Taemin stepped in the lobby of SM entertainment, he rushed to read the big brochure hanged on the announcement wall of the company. Soon, the rest of SHINee members joined him to see the full details of the big new.

Two weeks already had passed since Kibum and Jonghyun became the group’s new couple and everyone was taking it more comfortably by now. It was somehow awkward at first for everyone; the maknae, Minho and Onew who didn’t really know how to react in front of the other two. Hoo manager who was suffering, stacked between a still angry president and a cute pairing. The poor Key who is finding it harder by the time to control his feelings, and Jjong who didn’t know exactly what’s wrong with him. It was indeed so hard for him to act like that with his best friend even that he didn’t know exactly the true reason behind that. It should be fine… no?

“SM entertainment 25th anniversary” Taemin read the piece of paper imitating the 9PM news’ announcer thick voice.

“Wow! The preparations this year are definitely no joke. I never saw the company so busy like this before” Key said as he followed the brochure words with his eyes.

“Maybe because the president wants to show off his power especially after the mega with Woolim entertainment. In another word: this is how big my company is!” Onew pointed being unusually reusable in an early morning.

“At least, thanks to this party thing you are getting less attention from him. He didn’t really react since last time. You should enjoy your small time of happiness” Minho joked teasing the couple

“YAAA!!” the dino frowned. He looked at Kibum and added “let’s go to the training room, we are already late.”

“Awww look at them holding hands, so cute~”

“HYUNG!!” both Key and Jjong screamed at the same time.

 

 

 

She was broken, she was hurt, she was not okay with it. HER Jonghyun, the one that she chose being with someone else -and not anyone- being with Kim Kibum. No… she was definitely not okay with that at all…

Sekyung screamed in frustration, grabbed the nearest thing to her and threw it at the door destination. It was then when Joon stepped in the room, surprised by a pillow flying straight to his head.

“Easy girl, are you now trying to kill your brother.”

“Leave me alone oppa, I don’t want to talk with anyone” the girl burned her face under the blanket.

Joon sighed, he made his way to her and sit at the edge of the bed.

“You know… maybe it is for the best. You should let him go Sekyung, his not good enough for my little sister.”

The girl snarled: “and you? Are you going to let go of Kim Kibum then?”

Joon gave her an awkward smile and shook weakly his head.

“So why do I have to give up? Huh…”

“First because he is not good enough for you, second because he is not good enough for you and third because you got rejected and I didn’t confess yet.”

Sekyung groaned in frustration after hearing the word ‘rejected’… no it’s not true, She never get rejected, no one can say no for her…

“Oppa just go away, I want to be alone!”

“Arasso, arasso I am leaving.”

As soon as she heard the room door get closed, the girl rolled in her bed and grabbed the huge cute teddy bear near her pillow from his neck, the poor thing struggled between her two hands, and if it wasn’t because of her phone vibration that made her stop shaking it so hardly,  it was about to be in pieces by now.

Sekyung cleaned and didn’t hesitate a second to accept the call

“Ajashi, good morning…”

 

 

 

key watched Jjong’s hand firmly grapping his as they took their way to the training room…  few weeks ago, he couldn’t even imagine to be called Jonghyun’s boyfriend or to be holding hands with the other like this… and as much as he was happy by this, Kibum couldn’t ignore a painful feeling that was growing in his heart day by day… even if everyone is fooled by this, facts can’t be denied and the truth will come to life one day…

The fact that that Jonghyun doesn’t really love him the way he wants to and the truth about them  faking all this…

Kibum stopped making Jonghyun stop as well.

“What’s wrong?” Jjong asked

“Kim Jonghyun you are really something…”

“Me? What? What are you talking about?”

“Of course how could an idiot moron like you understand or notice anything, you only care about yourself!!!” Luckily no one was around to witness anything because Key didn’t notice that he was now screaming at the other boy face, how could he notice anything when he was about to explode. It was tiring… and the worst part that he can’t talk about all this to anyone. How could he? Who will he talk to?

“You are acting way too weird out of a sudden… what’s wrong?”

*Huh, Out of a sudden* Kibum though.       

He let go of Jonghyun hand and said without meeting eyes with the other: “ I am not in the mood, just go first, I need a drink.”

As soon as he finished his sentence, he felt a powerful grip on his wrist and two hands taking him into a warm hug…

The time stopped, and the boy couldn’t feel see or hear anything... Jjong tightened his hold and pulled the other even closer as he said, in a weak, honest and warm voice that made Key shiver even more:

“I am sorry Key… I am sorry for being an idiot that can’t understand and notice anything… and I am sorry for being a selfish dino that only care about himself… I know that even if I ask for your forgiveness again and again, it won’t be enough. To be honest, it’s not like I don’t know that you are having a hard time because of me… but it is more that I am so afraid to face you… afraid to lose you…”

Jonghyun stopped talking for a moment, feeling like dying out of nervousness. Kibum too wasn’t feeling any better. His vision became vague as tears start to gather in his eyes. He couldn’t think straight being in the arms of the one he always longed for. He rose his arms to hug the other boy back, but he couldn’t  force his hands to move closer to Jjong shirt… it is not right… Jonghyun already has a girlfriend… he can’t hold him, he has no right to.

“I shamelessly asked for your help-“ Jjong continued  getting the other attention again

“And even that my request was completely far away from being sound you agreed... well, you can say that I am somehow a lying expert that’s why I know so well how much painful lying to your friends is.”

A bitter and meaningful smile escaped the older lips as he pointed his last sentence.

“you start to dislike yourself as days go by and you always feel anxious praying that the moment of truth won’t come any sooner… having nightmares about that moment and the fear you will go through once you face them, see the betrayed look in their eyes… I am sorry kim kibum… sorry  for-”

*lying to you for all those years* he thought

“-for making you go through all this... It’s tiring isn’t it? Just promise me Key, If you want to talk about anything, don’t forget that I am always here for you. If you want to insult me or beat me to ease your anger, don’t hesitate to punish this selfish arrogant friend. And the most important thing, promise me that if things get much too tiring for you to deal with, just don’t care about me and let go of this stupid plan. Being forced to go out with a girl I don’t like is way better for me than forcing you to do something you don’t want too… my Kibum is more important than that.”

Jonghyun let go of the other boy, he put his hands on key’s shoulders and stared at his face. Kibum was blushing red and for some reason the dino’s heart felt happy seeing that. But as soon as he noticed the tears the other boy was hardly holding back, he couldn’t help but panic by that…

“th… that was touching right?” he joked

Key just smiled.

“ya! You can’t imagine how hard it was for me to say those words, pay back that sincerity and buy me a soda arasso?” he added

Kibum took a deep sigh and without adding any word he stepped away and took his way back to SM lobby. The older boy watched his back till he disappeared from his sight. It was then when his weak legs couldn’t bare his weight anymore and he leaned to the wall for support. It was really hard for him to say that… but the most important thing now is…

Thump… Thump… Thump…

Jonhyun put his hand on his chest  

Thump… Thump… Thump…

“What in earth is going on with you, you are about to pop out of my chest… y… ya! I can’t live without a heart you know… c..calm down…”

 

 

In the other hand, someone was feeling extremely hot and couldn’t think straight at all. The almighty key was hopeless in front of this sudden rush of different feelings…

“What do you want to order sir?” the female employee in SM coffee shop snapped him out of his doze.

“uh… wh… what?” he replayed, still not quite sure about what’s happening around him. The lady smiled again and added

“I guess that you need a glass of water for now, god did you see a ghost?”

“N… No it is not like that…it was not a ghost, it was a person… an extremely scary person” key gulped the glass in one shot.

“A scary person? I didn’t see someone like that he-… oh wait, don’t tell me that you met her then?”

Kibum felt the need to distract himself from what just happened to calm himself a bit, so he asked out of curiosity about the ‘she’ the employee was referring to.

“A crazy girl that came from early this morning searching for your training room. I don’t know how she managed to inter the building but she was so weirdly dressed.” The woman turned left and right then bended forward to key’s ear: “I guess that she is a stalker, be careful” she got up again but quickly returned to her previews position. “Oh my god, look! There she is.”

The boy turned around and searched with his eyes: “wher-“

Key gulped hard and closed his fist in a nervous gesture as soon as he got to know the identity of the girl. Soon, she noticed him as well and their eyes met…

 And a cold war just started…

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Hoo manager opened the door of the president room, he would hear as soon as he stepped in Soo man’s voice talking:

 “Good morning, I hope that I didn’t bother you by this call…”

The manager got closer to the office and slightly bowed to the president. The sitting man shook his hand in return.

“oh, yes of course… I heard that your contract is about to end with your current company and I was wondering if you are interested in joining SM entertainment…”

He stopped talking for a bit then a small smile escaped his lips as he added.

“Hahaha, no it’s my honor if a talented actress like you joins our family. So then I will be waiting, take your time Sekyung.”

Hoo manager startled by hearing that name and as soon as Soo man put the phone on the table, he asked in a worried voice:

“Sir, what are you up to this time? Are you really thinking of bringing Sekyung to SM?”

The president raised his head and locked eyes with the manager then answered while adjusting his pose on the chair: “yes… I attend to do that.”

“But why now, didn’t you always say that the contract price of Sekyung is so high for an actress of her level?”

“It was, but not now. The girl is in love with Jonghyun and from what I saw, she is willing to do anything to be with him. I am sure that she will agree to any price we offer.”

“But sir-“ Hoo tried to change Soo man’s opinion but he couldn’t as the older interrupted

“Enough with this matter now. What about the mission I gave you? Did you find one that fits with all the conditions?”

“Oh… yes sir I was able to find one. His name is max and he is a trainee under us for 4 years now. He is really a good singer and was even about to debut as one of EXO members too.”

“Why didn’t he then?”

“He had an injury back then that prevented that. He was completely ready to debut but you didn’t want to wait, so we just took him out.”

Soo man cleaned his throat awkwardly.

“By the way, why did you ask me to find you a good trainee in such a short time sir? Are you going to debut a male solo any sooner?” Hoo asked out of curiosity…

 A meaningful smile was drawn on the president face. He slowly stood up from his chair and went by the window side watching the streets of Seoul.

“Hoo, you know so well how much I care about my son don’t you?”

“But you never showed him -or me- that in the right way” the man muttered

“What did you say?”

“Nothing much sir, I know… I know…”         

SM head continued: “and because I care about my son, I am going to get rid of any source of distraction around him.”

Hoo manager felt a weird yet warning feeling take over him and as much as he was curious about the reasons of Soo man’s actions, he didn’t want to listen anymore now… but the president didn’t stop his explanation

“You know, this party won’t be special with no reasons. Many big things will happen to us and announcing to the word that Sekyung is joining my company is not the only big new. There’s another even bigger…”

He turned to face hoo’s worried face                              

“We are going to make some member changes in SHINee. And guess who’s unfortunately going to leave us: KIM KIBUM…”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N:

First …I am so so so so sorry for not updating for so long… yeah I am kind of the laziest person in earth ever :P

Another thing, I start writing my second fic. I just thought about making another version of this story starring Jonghyun and an OC so if you are interested there is a link to it: My SHINing Star

Even that the characters are nearly the same, I don’t think that I will carry on with the same happening as here. In the end there are so many things that would be changed… give it a chance and maybe you like it.

 

Ps: If you like the story, don’t forget to subscribe, leave a comment and why not up vote it!!

Till the next chapter~