The new you

In The Name Of Love

 

 

“This is really driving me crazy, I can’t take it anymore… let’s go to him. Even that he always tries to act cool, Jonghyun is a delicate man.” Said the anxious Onew as he was about to go to Soo Man’s office. But Minho stopped him, and added with a firm voice:

“Hyung, he said that we should trust him this time. I’m sure that Jonghyun is doing so well without us. I believe in that friend.”

“Yes guys. Minho is just right this time. Let’s not interfere in this matter and…” Hoo manager words were cut by an angry Kimbum:

“We should not interfere?! Hyung, Jonghyun for us is not only a member of SHINee but also a friend that we all love and care about. And even if I want to believe that he is doing well there, you all know that no one in SM can win the president.”

As soon as key finished his words, the five boys were shocked by the sound of the office door getting closed so roughly. And few seconds later they saw an angry Jonghyun getting closer to them with wide steps.

“Hyung… what happened? Is everything all right. Hyung, hyu…”

The boy didn’t answer little Taemin, he just went through them so fast without even bothering himself to look at his friends expressions. Jonghyun was blind by anger at that moment. He just walked aimlessly, following his two legs which led him to the emergency stairs. And when he felt safe that no one is close enough to find him there, he sat, back on the wall and hands covering his face. As much as the boy wanted to cry in that moment he couldn’t. As much as he wanted to scream he couldn’t. As much as he was boiling from chafe and oppression he just couldn’t do anything… a flashback of what happened a while ago crossed his mind to remind him how pathetic and hopeless he was…

 

~flashback~

”annyeonhaseyo…”

“I was waiting for you. I knew that you would come in the end”

“I want you to do me a favor please... Sekyung scandal, can’t you take care of it.”

“Why do I have to?” said Soo Man in his usual cold voice.

“It is a matter that will not only effect me but also all the other SHINee members. And I don’t want my group to get hate because of me. Also you were the one who arranged that date…”

“Me? I can’t remember that…”

“DAD!!!”

“I told you to not call me like that here!!!!!! What if someone heard you?” Screamed Soo man in a very angry voice. He stood up from his ‘president’ chair and walked in heavy steps to his son’s direction. Standing in front of him, Soo man looked at Jonghyun firm eyes put a hand in his shoulder and said in a low voice:”Kim Jonghyu… No my dear son Lee Jonghyun… “

 (Jjong thoughts: When you call me like that it means one and only thing… you need something… again…)

“You know that I am being like this only to protect you...”

(You only want to protect yourself and your money and I am not going to fell for that… again…)

“In the end you are the one to inherit SM entertainment…”

(Bull!!)

“Shin Sekyung, the little spoiled daughter of the owner of the biggest company in Korea ‘SHIN group’. Rumors says that she get more than half of the company as a present in her last birthday and that’s mean, if things turn out well with her, I… no you will be the owner of all that money. Also, we can use the power of the company’s name to more promote our groups and gets commercials. So it is definitely a win game to go throw. Plus, the girl loves you to death, what else can you ask for?” Explained the old man.

“It’s a win game for you not Me.” argued Jonghyun. “So in the end you only think about money to the point that you are willing to sell your own son for it? I let you mutilate all my life for the past years even that you didn’t accept me in your ‘new’ family. You never were proud of me as much as I did for you. You made me live a miserable life without feeling the love of my both parents. I guess that I can understand now why mom left us like that…” Jonghyun words failed him as his tears start to flee. He wiped them with his left hand and said “this time it is not going as you want dad… I want to love and be love, live my own love story. I don’t want to lie to that girl either, she did nothing wrong but loving a person like me. I am going to tell everyone that the rumor is not true… I…“

“What?!! Are you out of you mind!! Jonghyun is this is the way you are paying me back my kindnesses toward you? Listen carefully, if you try and do anything stupid be prepared to wipe your friend’s tears.”

“What? Dad what do you mean by that…”

“I mean that I am not going to do anything to you. But your naïve friend will be paying the bill. If you don’t want to bring them troubles just stay calm.”

Jonghyun didn’t answer him, he has no strength to do so… he has no right to bring trouble to his friend. Wasn’t it enough lying to them and keeping such a huge secret… he stayed still, face looking to the ground. by looking to that, Soo man knew that he won this round and said with a smirk on his face:”if you have nothing to add just go already. And I will call you later with the boys to tell how you must react in such situation.”

~End of flashback~

 

 

          It was already dark when the five boys went back to their dorm. It was a long and tiring day for them, and the atmosphere there was so dark and so gloomy. The dorm was lifeless. Usually little Taemin and Minho will be playing games right now, Onew and Jjong cheering and screaming like little kids and the nagging umma stick in the kitchen and nagging how no one of them is helping him preparing the dinner. But tonight was so different; key was silently washing the dishes, while Teamin was sitting in the table watching him with sleepy eyes. Minho was exhausted from the training so he just went to sleep and Onew was laying on the couch ‘watching’ the TV without really paying attention to it. Jonghyun locked himself in his room and they didn’t hear his voice since their last talk before going to Soo Man. Even in the training, he didn’t go to the vocal lessons. Just spend all the time working on ‘Everybody’ dance no stop.

With a big sigh, Key looked around. He helped his baby to go to his bed, put a blanket to cover the sleepy Onew from cold weather and closed the TV and the lights of the living room. “Ok Kibum now just go to your room and get some sleep too you need it. No Damn! What are you doing in front of Jonghyun’s room? He need to be alone now it will be a bothersome for him if you went right now…”Key know that he was being so ridiculous talking to himself like that but he couldn’t help his feelings, and in the end…

 *toong, toong* he knocked the room’s door.

*…*

“jjong can I come in?”

“ …”

 When he didn’t get any reply, Key opened slightly the door. He peeked to see inside and called Jonghyun’s name. Then he went inside and closed the door after him.

Jonghyun was still wearing the same clothes as before, sitting in his bed, grapping a paper in his hand and eyes closed. Kibum went closer to him, sat in the edge of the bed and stared at his sleeping figure… Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning, a flame very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. Even that it was an awkward and tacky one-sided love and even that he always knew that he won’t get those feelings back, Kibum never regretted loving the other boy. Jonghyun’s smile, Jonghyun’s whisper Jonghyun’s touch… it all felt different in Kibum’s heart. He love everything in the other boy even his sad face while sleeping now, it was magically attractive. With his hand, and being so careful, Key wiped a tear was flowing on the other boy’s cheek but ‘unfortunately’ for him that was enough to wake Jonghyun. He opened his eyes to see in front of him Key’s lovely face and their eyes met... Jjong knew Key for many years now and although that there were so many embarrassing moments between both of them, he never felt like this before. Key is his best friend so it was normal to see him in his room like that, but why is he feeling this strange?

Habits you’re accustomed to, the everyday life you’re accustomed to and the friend you’re accustomed to at some point become unfamiliar. Is not a confusing prospect in this life because maybe that’s a way to start a new everyday life, and a new relationship. It may be a covert signal… The moment when Jonghyun opened his eyes and felt this ‘strange feeling’ because of Kibum he didn’t know that this was a new star for them, that because of this unfamiliarity he was about to cross a new path in his life that will change it forever.

Feeling awkward, Kibum broke their eye contact and faked a cough and with that Jonghyun’s thoughts were broken up too.

“I… I was just wondering if you are ok now that why I came...” key tried to justify himself.

“Y… yeah…” replied Jjong in a low voice while nodding. And then he remembered that he is still holding an old photo in his hand, and not any photo but his family’s.  Apparently key didn’t notice that yet so he covered it quickly under the blanket.

“You should change your clothes and sleep as well Jonghyun, according to Hoo manager, the president is planning to call all the five of us tomorrow. You need some rest it will be a really tough and long meeting.”

“Yeah…”

“I don’t know what he told you exactly, but don’t feel so down about it. That old man won’t be able to do anything bad for SHINee, you know how scary our fans can be. Right?!”

“Yeah…”

“People are usually like that. When they hear a dating rumor at first they just go crazy about it, but as time passes by they will forget everything. Also you are not alone. I will always support and help you no matter what!! Kim Jonghyun you can count on me I will do everything you ask me to.”

This time, a slight smile was drawn on Jonghyun’s face and said: “wow really?! Like everything… Ya! You are being unusually so nice to me. This is a really rare thing to happen, the Kim Kibum I know is not an easy person. I guess it will be nice if I have a hard time once in a while, I will be able to see this side of you.”

“Ya!! How can you wish that? Stop fooling around and good night. I have to go now” and with that key stood up and was about to leave the room as he heard Jjong voice again calling him:

“Kibum…”

He turned around to face him again and said “yes?”

“C… can I… can I ask you a favor?”

“What?”

Jonghyun didn’t say anything, he kept staring at the other boy for a long time and then added with a smile “n…nothing”

“Ya!!! I told you to stop fooling around, Goodnight.”

Key closed the door. And Jonghyun stood up from the bed to change his clothes. “What on earth I was thinking of? Kibum will definitely think that I am being weird if I asked him that and he will tease me for like forever because of that stupid request.” murmured the Dino-like boy to himself as he was changing his clothes. And then get back to his bed, covered himself with a blanket while wondering: “why did you want to ask him to hug you that bad? Weird, you are so weird Kim Jonghyun…”

 

         Next morning, the five boys get into their van to go and see Soo Man as it was planned. Even that the atmosphere didn’t settle yet, but it wasn’t as tense as yesterday. Maybe because this time they already know what are they going to hear from the old president: nags, blames, complains and then nags again. They were used to it after all those years under SM entertainment. Hoo manager knocked the door of Soo man’s office and the five boys and Hoo entered after giving them the sign to. Jonghyun’s eyes widened as he saw in front of him Sekyung sitting next to his father there. And as she saw her beloved ‘prince charming’ Sekyun’s face brightened. Of course, how much she really wanted for this moment to come. After greeting the girl and SM head, every one of our boys found a place in the big sofa facing the man and Sekyung. They were all nervous and frightened because of this whole situation. Then Soo Man stared the meeting and said:

“Well, I called the five of you boys to introduce you to Sekyung, Jonghyun’s girlfriend. I hope that you will treat her nicely from now on. Because of this rumor, SM entertainment and SHIN group were in a really uncomfortable situation, and because I heard that Sekyung is interested in Jonghyun, we figure out that the best solution to solve the problem is by confirming it. SM will always cheer you too.”

“Thank you sir” said Sekyung in joy.

“But as I know, hyung and this noona are not really dating. If we do that, it means we are lying. Lying is bad, we should always say the truth.” added the cute maknae as he gathered all his courage.

“Teamin shhht, sir this kid was only…” Hoo manager was about to defend the little boy when Minho cut him off

“No he is right. Why do we have to say still? The company can’t decide our love life for us.”

“But it was Jonghyun’s false to get caught in the first place.” stated Soo Man as if he wasn’t the one who planned this entire scenario.

“Well people make mistakes. Jonghyun didn’t do anything wrong so he doesn’t have to pay the bill.” Defended Onew “I am sorry Sekyung-sshi but you can’t force the boy to act as if he date you in front of everyone just because you have a crush on him. You should have some pride.”

“Ya!! Jinki what are you saying?!!” screamed the frightened Hoo

At that moment, key stood up and said in a firm voice: “we will take full responsibility of our decision, and no matter what happens we will support Jonghyun and be with him all the way. Jonghyun doesn’t like this b*tch and I am sure about it. But sir, are you sure that Jonghyun doesn’t have someone he love? Didn’t you think that you are being so cruel to that person?”

“Jonghyun already have a girl?!!” cried the actress.

“No he doesn’t and I am sure of it.”

“If he has one will you stop this entire ridiculous thing?” asked Onew.

“I said he doesn’t” added Soo Man in an angry voice.

“Only one person can tell us that, hyung are you in love with someone?” said Teamin in a cute voice. And everyone looked to the blank Jonghyun who was watching all this intense fight without saying a word. And when he finally got the situation, he stood up from the sofa and said “I…”

Everyone one was impatiently waiting his reply, Jonghyun closed his eyes took a deep breath and said “I already have a lover…”

Everyone was so surprised and Kibum got more surprised when Jjong held his hand so tight, looked at him with fixed eyes and said “I already have a lover, Kibum I am sorry because I let you go throw this whole situation dear. I must be a really bad boyfriend.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N I don’t know how your reaction would be like while reading this, but I was really super excited when I wrote the last part. Just FGJGKLFDGZPRTOHKBCN!!!!! I am getting crazy at the thought of what if this really happens, like for real…

Well this is again another chapter of the story. I guess that people didn’t like it that much T.T seeing that I didn’t get one single comment yet, but yeah I won’t give up yet!! Aren’t you curious about what is going to happen next? Eh? Eh? Eh? :P

Anyway then see you with the next chapter~

bye bye ^^