Together?

In The Name Of Love

 

 

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does... Love is a battle, love is a war…

 Jonghyun didn’t know at that moment that he started his life biggest battle. Thinking about what happened in that moment, it all seems like a silly and unbelievable lie.

Occasionally, the reality is crueler than lies…

When he was in front of everyone, when all his friends, Sekyung, Hoo and even his father were looking at him, Jonghyun didn’t know which was the right choice to make. Living is a choice made at every moment. Even if it’s a log edge, you have to make a choice. Should I go straight or turn back? Or should I stop there? After all, this point in time that he is stepping on right now is a result of those innumerable choices he made in the past, when he followed his father leads and failed his friends more than one time, but now it’s different. They were by his side in such situation; they risked their own career just to save him. He couldn’t fail them now, no. He just can’t give up like that, there must be a solution somehow.

 But what?

 Jonghyun and as his father said really didn’t have a girlfriend. The only girl that he knows so well is his little sister Minji… Jonghyun tried to think, think, think of something, think… but, the only thing that came to his mind was kibum face last night, his loving eyes when he was looking at him...

He closed his eyes took a deep breath and said “I already have a lover…”

(kim kibum… I am sorry…)

And with his trembling hand, he tightly held key hand, looked at him with fixed eyes.

(kim kibum… I am so sorry…)

And said: “I already have a lover, Kibum I am sorry because I let you go throw this whole situation dear. I must be a really bad boyfriend.”

Jonghyun couldn’t read his ‘best friend’ expression as he usually does. He was unable to understand what those wet eyes mean. Stupid Dino, happy now, kibum will never forgive you for doing this to him, he will never help you, he is going to tell them-

“Kim Jonghyun you stupid bustard!”

 (I knew it, but he has the right to tell them. In the end I was the one that used his ‘best friend’ like that…)

After hearing Kibum’s words, Jonghyun thought that his plan didn’t work, that everything is over. He was about to let go of the other boy hand but Kibum held it tighter than ever. Jonghyun eyes widened...

“Kim Jonghyun you stupid bustard. Do you really love me that much?! Couldn’t you think of any other lie but telling them the truth? I know that I nagged at you so much to tell the president about us, but this is not right. You should have thought about yourself and your image in front of Sekyung sshi. She is a famous actress and the daughter of one of the biggest business men in Korea.”

Key turned to face Soo man and added “I am sorry about this mess sir. My boyfriend can be so stupid sometimes. Well, after things turned out this way. I think that you should stop what you were planning to do. You know my personality right? And I am not ok seeing my boyfriend with another person.”

As soon as he finished what he wanted to say, he turned to Jonghyun again, smiled then got closer to him to print a sweet kiss on his cheek and whispered: “Thans Jjong.” Before leaving the office hand still holding tight to jonghyun’s who followed him like a little puppy.

 

 

Key kept walking and his steps getting faster and faster, the word ‘mental breakdown’ was not enough to describe the boy state. Jonghyun noticed that, so he took the lead and pulled the other boy to the emergency stares and after being sure about the safety of the place from the eyes and ears of others he stopped walking.

The place was so quiet, the only thing that they both could hear was the loud sound of key’s breaths. Jonghyun turned to face the other boy and said in a weak voice barely strong enough to reach the other ears: “key, I… I am really sorry about doing that but I didn’t have any choice.”

Key was looking at the ground and his eyes were covered by his hair. He didn’t answer Jonghyun or even looked at him. And even by seeing that the insensible Dino kept talking: “By the way your acting was seriously the best, I even was about to fell for that. You should consider being an idol-actor in the future. You will be the next Yoochun...”

 Jonhyun stopped talking as he felt key hand tightened his held. It was then when he realized that something is wrong…

“Key are you ok?”

 With his free hand, he gently raised the other boy head so he could face him. And he saw it…

“Key…” Jjong murmured…

Jonghyun saw key tears, he was crying and it’s all because of him. Those beautiful eyes looking at him full of drops of tears. It wasn’t enough that he used him in that awful way, but also he didn’t know about it. He didn’t think that the other boy reaction would be like this. He was so confused and didn’t know what to do and without knowing the reason he was as well weeping…

Youth should be awkward and simple, and love should be untainted and tacky. That is the only reason why his love was heart throbbing and so strong. He should be angry, he should be mad. He knew that Jonghyun used him in a very awful way just because he wanted to protect ‘her’. But he couldn’t help himself. Even that it was a lie, he was so happy to hear those sweet words from the other boy. He felt so excited at the thought of that could be real. Key wasn’t crying out of betrayal of sorrow, he just believed for a moment the lie that he himself had a hand in it. He was miserably pleased…

When he get his sense back. Kibum let go of the other boy hand so roughly, wiped his tears and said: “I know…”

Jonghyun asked him in a trembling voice “wh.. what?”

“I know that you didn’t have any choice. In the end you needed to protect that person. She is the more important for you than anyone else. Don’t worry I am not angry, I understand that.”

“kibum, what do you mean by that?” questioned the confused Jjong.

“I mean Minji. She is the lover you are talking about. But you were afraid about her so you didn’t talk about her in front of the president and you used me to cover her place.”

“What?! No, key… it’s not like that really. Minji and I are not dating trust me, I never saw her like a woma…”

*SLAP*

Jonghyun couldn’t finish his sentence as key hand printed on his face a really painful slap. He cried from pain saying: “ouch! Key, just let me explain myself alright… I didn’t finish my sentence. Didn’t you say that you are not angry? What was that for?”

“Yeah as I said I am not angry, and you don’t have to lie again for that girl. I don’t really like bringing her name in every talk. That was just a ‘pay-back’.”

Jonghyun gave the other boy the confused glace, so key cleaned his throat in a nervous way and finished his explanation:

“a while ago… I mean… I gave you something and… and I am taking it back like that… anyway, don’t worry I won’t let anyone knows about it. We should just be always together now so that the other members won’t doubt anything till we think of our fake ‘love story’ later tonight. I feel bad for not telling them, but we should be careful now for your sake. We should go, remember we have the ‘Inkigayo’ recording today.” With those words key left the place with a red face and went to the car leaving Jjong puzzled wondering about his words meaning… “Something? What does that mean…I always borrow his stuff and he never slaps me that hard because of it before…”

 

 

Soo Man’s office was in a total mess after the two boy’s disappearance. It was a huge shock for everyone. Even for the cold-hearted father who rarely gets surprised. Sekyung stated tearing and got up from her place to leave.

Soo Man tried to catch her, to stop his ‘win-card’ from leaving but he couldn’t. His surprise turned into a boiling anger and rage and by seeing that Hoo manager quickly ordered the other boys to go out. Then he closed the door after them. Soo man called him and hissed in fury:

 “DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?”

“N..No sir.. I swear I didn’t… didn’t you see even the members were so surprised about it.” 

By hearing that, Soo Man shouted wildly while throwing the nearest thing to him -which was the phone- at the poor manager.

“Did you think that I wanted to hear that answer? You were my personal secretary and you become SHINee manager just because of one and only reason is to keep an eye on that boy, be his shadow. I asked you to know every single detail in his life even the brands of his clothes. AND WHAT? Jonghyun is dating and you didn’t know about it? And not anyone else, but a member in his group. Hoo manager, I will make sure that you will be the one paying the bill. BRING HIM BACK HERE NOW!!!”

“Sir we have a recording so I don’t think that…”

“I don’t care about the damn recording! Just bring him back right now!! That little devil, fooling me like that, putting me in such situation. We will see…”

“If we don’t go to the recording, we will lose the trust of the SBS, ‘Inkigayo’ is a really famous show and missing him will bring us trouble with the channel sir.” Explained poor Hoo.

“You are right. We can’t risk that. If we lost SBS trust we will lose a lot of money, I need to calm down and think about the next step anyway. You can go.”

Hoo bowed to the president and left the office disgusted of this ‘president’ endless love for money, maybe he was able to save Jonghyun this time, but he was afraid about SHINee. After working with Soo Man for the past 15 years he knows that the president won’t let go of this that easy, especially that all the members ‘offended’ him this time.

 

 

      The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference. And the hardest thing in life is watching the one you love loving someone else.

Sekyung got into her car, still sobbing so hard, she was close, she was so close to get him, but she lost everything. Maybe Sekyuns is indeed a spoiled little child that loves to take everything from everyone. But, when it comes to Jonghyun, she really loved the boy so much. And she wanted to impress him in every way.

If there’s nothing to lose there’s nothing to be afraid of. As love get deeper, as your desire to not lose it gets bigger, fear also gets bigger. Love grows by eating up fear. However Sekyung was afraid of losing the boy, losing him to Key? No! Impossible!! That was totally ridiculous for her. She is Shin Sekyung no one takes something she wanted and get away from it. And it’s the time for her to revenge. She has her own ‘card’ anyway.

The actress wiped her tears and searched her phone in her handbag. And when she found what she needed she typed a number…

“Yoboseyo…”

As soon as she heard his voice, she answered faking a weak and trembling voice: “Joon oppa…”

 

 

 

In the same time, Minho, Onew and Taemin were already in their van waiting the other two boys and Hoo to continue their schedule. They were still in daze, dumbfounded of everything.

 No one of them dared to bring up what happened or even to say a single word. And after a really long silence, Onew turned to the other two boys and said: “just making sure, you two… are not dating too right? I mean, I know that Minho …” but his words were cut by a wild Minho.

“Hyung!! Does that even make any sense? Please just shuuuut…”

“emm so you are not dating YET.” teased the leader.

“Onew hyung!! Seriously.”

“Why so serious Minho, I was only joking. But getting back to our point, are those two really dating? I mean it doesn’t make any sense. We know them so much and we live together. They are like a cat and a dog, never passes a day without seeing them fighting. Dating? What a joke!”

“Well, it does make sense for me. Those cat and dog fights were most likely ‘lovers fights’. Even that they act as if they don’t care about each others, they really do. You know Jonghyun so well and how sensitive he becomes when it comes to key. And the same goes with the other boy. You do remember how much kibum was caring about Jonghyun last time. And knowing kibum’s personality, he would never do that to anyone. So the one and only explanation is that they are dating.” Explained Minho.

“I didn’t mean that. You know, I always believed that they will end up together in the end, but I thought that they didn’t get to understand their true feelings yet... Ya! Lee Teamin hello?! Are you with us? Didn’t key tell you about them before?”

The little maknae looked at him with gazed eyes, without answering.

 “Wow! Great! Now Taemin’s brain got damaged!! Things can’t get any worse.”

“Don’t say that Jinki hyung, you know usually in dramas when they say that line a bigger problem came from the nowhere.”

As soon as Minho finished his word, the van’s door opened and they saw in front of them the ‘new couple’.

“What a perfect timing!” stated Onew.

As soon as he saw his umma, little Teamin jumped from his seat to his embrace seeking shifter.

Kibum hugged his baby so tight, tapping on his back in confort, then he put him back in his seat and found a place next to him and Jonghyun.

“Guys! I really feel betrayed. How come you two are dating without telling us? Isn’t that so much! Molla!! I am so pissed off. You will need to work hard if you want my forgiveness.” said Minho.

“We are sorry guys, really. But we just didn’t want to bring you trouble. We were afraid if the president knew about us and that will make you in an uncomfortable situation.” Lied jonghyun.

“Am I the only one here that can’t believe the story. Tell me the truth, you just came up with this idea to help Jjong right?” asked the suspicious Onew.

“Hey… hyung what are you saying. We are sorry for not telling you that but we are really dating.” Added kibum.

As much as they hated lying to their life friends, Jonghyun and key didn’t have many choices in that moment. If they want the plan to succeed till the end, they should really act like a couple.

Hoo manager joined them into the van, without saying anything he gave the worried glace to the president son and start driving.

“Is the president so angry? What did he say?” asked the anxious key.

“Just focus about the recording now and forget about the president. I won’t ask you anything but please don’t get caught. The media will go crazy about this more than anything else.” And with that the five boys went to SBS building to carry on their busy schedule.

 

 

 

  As always, the place was full of staff and idols, everyone was busy like bees. Even that being a part of those back stage moments, and visit the idols dressing rooms was a dream for every many fangirls. But for the boys, this was all a part of their daily routine. A boring and a really tiring routine…

Shinee always took the same dressing room from many years now. It was the second room on the left at the end of the big hall that leads to ‘Inkigayo’ main stage. They boys loved to take that room because that area was the quietest and far from the other group’s dressing rooms. It was not because they hated being with others. No, being the friendly and funny boys they are, the members have a LOT of friends from different groups and companies. But privacy was one of the most important things for them. And sharing the room with other groups will not be helping especially in such situation… in the word of celebrities there were no secrets to share. A hart-less and wild jungle were everyone was ready to step on the others just to be more popular. And even that they hated to admit that fact, the reality is indeed cruel.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi, I am going to start putting on your makeup.”

Jjong opened lazily his two eyes, as he heard the voice of the stylist asking him permission and waking him from the dreamland. He turned his head a bit to peek a quick look at kibum who was complaining about how the clothes don’t match his eyes color or something, then reclosed his eyes and gave the girl a sigh to start her work.

“I am still feeling suspicious about those two…”

“Hyung!!” shouted Minho as he covered the leader’s mouth who was starring at Jonghyun and key for a while.

“Enough with this matter now and we will talk about it later. We are not alone you know...” Added Minho as he looked into Onew’s eyes in a serious way.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know that I was thinking way too loud. I will try to be more careful.” said Jinki throwing the other his best innocent face. “By the way, where is Taemin?”

“I don’t know, he was here a second ago” the rapper rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes start looking for the maknae.

Onew pressed a button on the remote control beside him and Girls’ generation song start playing…

“Ayo! GG! ~ “

“Yeah yeah, shijakhae bolka?” the leader started singing along ignoring the weird glances that his friend gave him.

Minho sighed, gave the other a small smile “hyung, your mood surely change quickly…”

It was then when they heard a loud voice and saw the room’s door hitting the wall…

Astonished at the loud voice, everyone turned to face the door no one daring to say a single word.

“Here comes trouble~” Tiffany voice from the song was the only sound that filled the quit room.

 Jonghyun felt something wrong going on. He opened his eyes in confuse to check what was going on and…

That was the last thing that he boy wanted to happen…

That was the last person he wanted to see in this time…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N

“Here comes trouble~” YEAH trust me, here come serious troubles!!!! And with the next chapter new secrets will be reveled, you may look forward to it!!!

 Aren’t you curious about WHO is the person at the end? Try and predict, you have a large white area in the comments to write your guess. I am really curious if anyone of you guys will know (it seems quite obvious though :P ) and I am sure that my smart readers are clever enough to identify the person.

Well, I think that this is getting longer that I expected (I am pretty talkative if you noticed that :P ) so before going I want to thanks you all for reading my story, big hug to all my subscribers, but I REALLY want to hear you voices (well, I mean read your opinions about the story…) and for my lovely “Littlemrsmalfoy” thank you so much dear for your comment I really was so happy to read it <3

So then, see you with the next chapter~~

*singing 2PM - I will be back~*

Keke J

Bye~