My way of loving you

In The Name Of Love

 

 

“Oh omonim there must be a mistake I didn’t order this.”

“Aigooo, it is a free service form me so just take it. I watched you on the TV a while ago and you looked so good as usual.”

Onew smiled shyly, moved by the store owner’s words as he bowed: “thank you omonim, you are so generous as always.”

The boy took the plastic bag with one hand, the other one opening the door in front of him as he was planning to go back to the dorm when something strange caught his attention. He turned to his left searching for the source of the din…

“Hey lovely, you want a ride? This oppa is going to take you to a really fun place. Let’s go…”

Two gangsters where bothering a girl sitting alone beside the. Onew sighed heavily. Don’t they have anything else to do? The girl is clearly annoyed so why those bastards are giving her a hard time?

Without thinking, SHINee’s leader made a step forward willing to interfere, but…

“Ok, calm down Lee Jinki. You are an idol and you have an image to protect, getting into a fight with them will brings only troubles.” He stopped moving. As much as he wanted to help the girl as much as he must be careful not to ruin everything he worked for those years. So, with bitter voice he muttered a “sorry”. The word was not loud enough for the girl to hear and Onew knew that so well but he said it anyway, maybe trying to lighten the feeling of gilt from his shoulders. He turned again to his destination.

“Honey~” The boy heard a feminine voice calling which he assumed was that girl’s voice.

 But… why does it sound familiar? Onew wondered…

“Honey~” he heard it again. This time the source getting nearer, and he stopped.

Even that he knows that there was no way he was the one the girl calling but he couldn’t help but stop. The voice was indeed so familiar…

“Onew oppa~” Jinki almost jumped in surprise as he heard the voice straight under his ear two hands wrapping tightly around his arm. He blinked in surprise and finally met the girl’s face.

“YOU…” Onew tried to talk but she quickly interrupted him:

“Omo, honey, what took you so long there. I was getting annoyed waiting for you” Minji said as an extremely cute expression was drawn on her face making Onew heart beats rush. His face getting slightly red, he awkwardly cleaned his throat not really getting what’s happening till he met the two other guys astonished expression, that was when he get Minji’s plan…

“Ohhh, I am sorry d…dea… dear I must be crazy to forget that you are waiting for me.” He managed to send Minji his best and widest smile ever as he watched from the corner of his eyes the two boys leaving the place. Thinking that the girl is really Onew’s girlfriend.

As soon as the two motorbikes where out of their view, the girl quickly let go of Jiniki’s arm as she bowed, her hair quickly falling on her face making her cuter than ever.

“Ajashi I am really sorry.”

Feeling slightly disappointed when Minki broke their contact Onew shook his hand in disagreement.

“Oh, you don’t have to do that just stop calling me ajashi and everything would be fine.”

The girl raised her head again meeting Onew’s eyes she smiled softly as she whispered a ‘thank you’.

“Your name is Minji right?”

“Oh you still remember my name?”

“Of course, you have a really beautiful face that’s why you cannot be forgotten easily” Onew cleaned his throat in embarrassment as he said such a comment…

“Oh ajashi, please let me invite you to a drink, you were really a great help for me right there”

Onew didn’t have the time to refuse the offer as Minji took his hand and forced him to sit in front of a table outside the store, the place where she was sitting moments ago.

 

Onew tasted the coffee Minji had bought, raising his shy eyes from the table to meet her’s for the first time since he sat there, his cheeks getting red as he saw her shining face.

“So… what are you doing here? Do you live nearby?”

“No…” the girl said in an abbreviated answer.

“You came to see Jonghyun then?”

Onew watched as the girl tightened her held around the cup in her hand, lowering her head and meeting the back coffee liquid inside the cup with her gaze, as if his words took her to another world…

And he was right… hearing her brother name made her remember why she came here for the first place. Why even that she is near him now, she is not able to meet him. Why even that she wants to tell him everything she heard, she can’t open .

 

~flashback~

Pain…

It was painful…

The way her step mother held her small hand that tight, the way she was roughly pulling her to the room and the way she pushed her to the wall as soon as the door had closed and they disappeared from her father sight. It was so painful…

The most aching thing for her was that disgusted look her step mother gave her, that look full of dislike, hate, and detest. The fact that whatever she says, her father would always believe that woman words and not her’s .

Minji was hurting, scared and alone…

The devil like step mother took a deep breath of relief. That was close. If she didn’t manage to see her husband shadow coming in the last moment, she would be in huge trouble. Aggressively she put each of her hands on the frightened girl’s shoulders.

“How far did you hear from the conversation?” she said in cold and scary voice, Minji flinching at the touch.

“I…” the words failed her and she didn’t find her voice. She wanted to ask about it, to look angry at this woman face and get to know more about her, that sweet old person that was hidden deep inside her memory. She wanted to know more about the lady called ‘Jihyo’. The lady that they said she is her mother…

“I asked you so answer NOW! What did you hear exactly!!” the step mother asked again, this time her voice came louder than before, a sign of her boiling anger.

Minji closed her two eyes in defense, gathering all her courage to say:

“M… my mother. I heard my mother name. She is still here, she i-“

“Stop talking none sense you stupid girl! What mother are you talking about? You don’t have one!! When will you get that? You mother threw you away and left so just shut up!!”

“No she DIDN’T!!” Minji answered, her eyes filled with tears.

“Jonghyun oppa told me that-“

The woman loud and crude laugh interrupted her. Minji stared at the crazy looking person in front of her with a confused face.

“You silly!!  You believed his words. Aigo what am I going to do with this naïve girl when everyone is thinking that I am her mother. So, you are now planning to report that to your beloved brother and easier my task of destroying his career. Perfect!”

“W…What do you mean?”

“I mean, if you dare and say any word about this story to that boy I will make sure that you will pay it back. Even if it would be the last thing I do in my life, I swear that I will destroy him and make you regret opening your big mouth. Force him to throw you away as your mother did. And then you will be alone. FOR EVER…”

“A…alone…”

~End of flashback~

 

It was driving him crazy. What should he ask? What should he say? Jinki think, think, think… He hated it, his cold and awkward atmosphere, the silence that filled the place. He really hated it so much. Fortunately Minji was the first to break the silence and ease the anxious Onew worries as she forced herself out from her thoughts sending him a sweet smile to hide her concern.

“So… is everyone in the dorm now?”

“Em? Yeah... We finished our schedule early today.” Onew answered.

“Then, ajashi-“

“Can’t you find any other nickname to call me with? Or just use my name. You called me Onew oppa a while ago. so please, anything but this ‘ajashi’ word. It’s uncomfortable you know.”

“First, what happened a while ago was just acting, so I didn’t mean it. Wouldn’t it be awkward if I called my ‘boyfriend’ ajashi.  Second, I already told you that I prefer calling you like this because you look a little bit older than your age.”

“I am not!! Your eyes are the problem!” Onew screamed in frustration.

“AJASHI you’re so mean” Minji answered, saying the first word louder than the ordinary in a teasing manner.

“YOU…” Onew found himself speechless in front of her, prevented himself from saying any other thing as he watched with amusement how the girl was tiring to hide her smile thinking that she defeated him. Finding himself smiling along because of her irresistible cuteness.

“As much as your face is pretty and innocent, your personality is so tough. But you are still adorable” Onew thought.

Minji ran a hand in her hair furthering it from her face as she said:

“Well, I thing that I have to go now. Oh, I remembered something. Can you please wait for a moment.” she jumped from the chair and went inside the store. Onew remained in his sit as he saw her getting out from the store grapping a plastic bag in one of her hands. He stood up and stopped in front of her when she was just few steps far from him. With a wide smile she pointed to the bag and said: “Dakpoki!!”

Onew face brightened, aigo, how did she knew that he LOVES eating ‘Dakpoki’.

“Can you give this to Minho oppa please?”

“W… what?” Onew automatically asked surprised by what he heard.

“I heard that Minho oppa like the ‘Dakpoki’ so I bough thins for him.”

Confused, Onew muttered: “Minho, but… why?”

“Can I ask for another thing please?”

SHINee leader raised his eyes from the plastic bag to meet her bright eyes. He nodded in agreement.

“Phone number…”

He sent her a confused look when she continued.

“Can you please tell me Minho oppa’s phone number. I know that If I ask Jonghyun oppa about it he won’t tell me and I don’t have any way to have it but asking you ajashi so please…”

“Why do you need it?” Jinki dared to ask, his face looking way darker than before as he felt an uncomfortable feeling in his chest. Minji face become pink and she looked confused whatever she should answer his question or not.

“To tell you the truth. I… I actually like Minho oppa…”

 

 

 

*BANG*

Jonghyun heard the sound of the door smashing behind him as he entered his room. He turned to meet Key angry face.

“Why are you being like this Kim Jonghyun? We supposed to be a ‘couple’ remember?”

“Yes, I remember that so damn much. But apparently you are the one that forgot that part judging by what happened a while ago.”

“No I didn’t! But it just felt so wrong to turn my back to Joon and ignore him. He was one of us once. And you do know exactly how he left us…” Kibum words dies in his throat as he watched their impact on the other boy, getting to know his huge mistake of mentioning what happened that day again and how things went back then. Feeling an unbearable gilt that filled his chest key lowered his head and muttered a “sorry” getting a small smile from the other as a sign to tell him that he is okay with it.

“So… em… I… we are together now then. R…right?” Jonghyun voice broke the awkward silence that filled the room. He turned to face Key who gave him a small shy nod in agreement.

“Shouldn’t we arrange a story if we want our plan to succeed...” He added.

kibum raised his head and their eyes met…

 

Awkward…

This conversation was more awkward than he expected. He talked with Key before in many different matters, and maybe lots of them were much embarrassing than this one. But this conversation is the most awkward one for him. Jonghyun felt his chest was going to explode with every word Key added. He wasn’t fully aware of what the other boy is saying anymore, something about who confessed first to the other, when was that and different other things about their ‘love’ story. The only thing that was in his mind right now is how much this room was HOT… he didn’t imagine that his room can get this hot and it is freaking winter!! Is there anything wrong with the heater or what?!

“Kim Jonghyun, are you even listening to me?” Key words were able to get the other boy attention again he faked a poker face and with an irritated voice he answered the other:

“Yeah, yeah yeah… I was the first one that confessed to you after we finished filming hello baby and you curly rejected me back then, and when you found out about your true feelings and didn’t stand seeing me being the famous muscular guy among girl groups, you regretted what you did and you begged me to come back to you but I was then-“  Jonghyun stopped when he saw a flying pillow approaching to his destination. He managed to grab it in the last moment and prevent getting hit on his face.

“WHAT?” he frowned, sending the other boy who was sitting on his bed a sad cute face.

“Wrong! I wasn’t supposed to beg you, I accepted your feeling just because you were nagging so much.” Key explained.

“Hey, I will look pathetic like that. It is your role to be the nagging one remember?”

“YAA!!!” Kibum now screamed, receiving a careless shrug from the other. He sighed…

This is going to be harder than he thought…

“Hey, we forgot one thing.” He heard the other saying suddenly.

“They will definitely ask us the reason why we like each other…” Jonghyun added.

“There is no way they would ask us that, you know, you don’t have to find a reason for liking someone” Key defended while playing with his fingers.

“But we need to prepare an answer anyway.” The diva raised his head to meet the other gaze as he added:

“Kim Kibum, why do you like me?”

A simple question was able to take him into another world…

The reason why he like that Dino boy…

It maybe a silly and unimportant question for Jonghyun, a question that only meant to save him from being with that Sekyung girl. But for Key, it was a real question…

He closed his two eyes thinking…

The reason of why I like you?

Because it is you… just you… that’s the only reason.

I wish I knew, then I could figure out how to stop liking you. If I can’t avoid it, I only want one thing. To stay as a friend who doesn’t change by your side.

For heartaches… for love…

I will still forever looking only at you Kim Jonghyun…

Key opened his eyes again: “I don’t know exactly how to answer that…”

“It’s easy!! I like you because you are handsome, with a good personality, caring… anything would work. You just have to choose one. Is it that hard?”

A small bitter smile was drawn on Kibum’s face… is it that easy for you Kim Jonghyun? Lucky…

“So you are going to answer like that if they ask you why you like me?” Kibum said, standing up from the bed and walking to Jonghyun’s side.

“If they ask me why I like you…”

As the younger boy was near him, with a playful expression Jonghyun quickly  jumped from his seat and glued the other to the wall grapping firmly his two hand with his fist.

“Y…Yah… what are you doing so suddenly, are you out of your mind?” Kibum asked completely shocked by the other surprising action. He felt his heart beats getting faster and he couldn’t control his expression as the gap between him and his crush was extremely tiny.

“Showing you my answer… If they ask me that, I would say that I like you because you are so freaking adorable when you get teased...” Jonghyun whispered the words in soft yet charismatic voice. The poor Kibum tensing right away, felling like his soul just left his body.

“…because you are my irresistible happy virus…” Jonghyun lowered his head making the distance between their faces smaller and smaller. And it was then when he felt it…

A strange and risky felling… A temping desire to get closer and closer to the other. His teasing smirk disappeared. And things were now getting out of his control… the only reason that made him do thiS was only to tease Kibum, to change the serious atmosphere and have fun by giving the other a hard time like he used to do. But this time it is DANGER! Kim Jonghyun couldn’t control himself, there were this strange thing that pushed him to the other’s lips, to make them touch his.

He should stop, he knew that his joke is now going too far but the problem is that he couldn’t stop… the problem is that this is no longer a joke…

“Minho hyung you shouldn’t ope-… OH MY GOD UMMA!!”

“Hey why are you screaming like tha- OH NO .”

Surprised my hearing the other member’s voices in such timing, both Jonghyun and Key looked together to the door side meeting a very very VERY startled Taemin laying on the floor with Minho crashing on top of him.

“I… I g…guess that we came in the wrong time.” Minho cleaned his throat as he covered Taemin face with his hand.

“I hope that we didn’t interrupt anything…” he griped the other wrist with one hand, the other still pressed to his eyes blocking his sigh as he managed to take him out of the room.

*BANG*

Confused, jonghyun traveled with his gaze from his room door to the boy in his hands. He hardly swallowed his saliva as he met an extremely angry face… Kibum’s face.

“My innocent little baby…” Key murmured under his breath. Jonghyun quickly let go of him and went as far as possible.

“KIM JONGHYUN YOU ARE SO DEAD!!!!!!”

Hearing the other terrifying scream, Jjong found himself automatically on his knees seeking the other forgiveness rubbing furiously his palms together in a begging manner.

“I am sorry Kibum, really sorry. I was just joking…”

“JOKING?! What a great excuse!! As if I was seriously expecting you to do it. Of course I knew that you are ‘joking’ you stupid jerk!!”

“Look at the bright side, a…at least, they are now thinking that we are rally a couple”

“YOU just destroyed my image in front of my baby and you want me to look at the bright side!”

“I… I am sorry.”

Key sighed, after seeing Jonghyun puppy begging eyes he couldn’t prevent himself from forgiving him. Well, beside the part where Taemin saw them, he really didn’t hate the other action, in fact he liked it. He liked being that close with him, he liked Jonghyun’s hot breaths on his face. He liked the crazy and unbelievable thought that maybe Jjong was really going to kiss him… that maybe he was serious about it and had any tiny feeling for him…

“It’s okay…” were his last words to the other before rushing out of the room and searching for the maknae.

 

“Hyung, you were the one that opened the door!!”

“Ya!! You were the one that pushed me to do it.”

Key heard Minho and Taemin quarreling as he closed the door of Jonghyun’s room after him. The two others stopped talking when they saw him. He awkwardly approached to them trying to explain the situation:

“Taeminah…”

“No umma, you don’t have to say anything.” Tae gave the older boy his best bright smile, even that he didn’t manage to control his surprised expression.

“I am just not used to the situation yet, give me some time so I could accept my new appa. Everything was so saddening that’s all. In the end you have your own love life and I understand that.”

“Taeminah…” Key almost cried by hearing such words coming from his baby, feeling proud by seeing him grow up day by day.

“I should go to my room now, it was a long day and I feel so tired. Goodnight umma.” Taemin jumped to Key side giving him one big and warm hug. He glanced at Minho and added another “Goodnight” for him while pouting.

“You should be careful when Taemin is around you know he is still young” The rapper almost screamed as the maknae went to his room.

“You were the one who opened the door like that without permission” Key defended giving the other a scary and angry look.

“Choi Minho I hate you!!” he shouted, putting all the blame on the other before going to his room.

It was then when he heard the front door opening, and a really bad looking Onew stepped in the dorm.

“hyung are you oka-“

“You like ‘Dakpoki’ right? Here have it ALL.” Jinki answered half screaming, half frowning.

“But-“the confused Minho tried his best to understand the situation but he failed.

“Another thing…” the leader added as he was entering his own room.

“Choi Minho I really hate you!!” he added disappearing behind the door.

“BUT, I didn’t do anything wrong to you…”

And a lonely dumbfounded Minho was left alone in the living room…

 

 

 

After changing his clothes and getting ready to sleep. Kibum made his way to his bed...

 The first night as Kim Jonghyun’s boyfriend. The feeling of the soft yet crisp blanket, and the night’s air that was hot yet chilly… he always dreamed about those details. The feeling was like that to him. Happy, yet lonely. Fiery, yet weary. An emotion that is hot but cold at the same time. An emotion which he could not understand. Although he finally became Jjon’s ‘boyfriend’ in front of everyone else, he couldn’t become his lover yet…

The boy adjusted his position, and turned to his right side when he heard his phone vibration.

To: Kibum

Are you sleeping?

From: Jonghyun

 

Unconsciously he smiled to himself and started typing.

 

To: Jonghyun

I was, before you waked me… what do you want?

From: Kibum

 

To: Kibum

I can’t sleep…

From: Jonghyun

 

To: Jonghyun

And what does that have to do with me?

From: Kibum

 

Key bitted his lower lips and felt a strange feeling in his chest when he read the other answer.

 

To: Kibum

*SOBS* :’( But you are my Boyfriend

From: Jonghyun

 

He didn’t know how he should reply that...

 

To: Jonghyun

Goodnigh…

From: Kibum

 

To: Kibum

Yoebo~ Let’s meet in our dreams~ :*

From: Jonghyun

 

The boy sighed… this is going to be harder than he though… controlling his fragile feelings in front of a senseless and cheesy Dino is indeed something so harder than he though…

Closing his eyes he hugged his phone and whispered “Let’s meet there…”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: And I am back again…

So first I am so sorry for not updating all this time, I promised to do my best but I guess that I am lazier than I thought…

BUT, I hope that this long chapter makes it up for you… (Well, because it is the longest chapter so far, let’s say that it is a long chapter… :P )

SO… what do you think about it?

COMMENT and let me know your thoughts, you can’t imagine how much I missed you.

What did you like about this chapter and what did you hate? Do you like the characters developing and the story happening so far or not? Eh, eh?

I’M SO CURIUOS YEAHHHHHHHHHH….

:) bye bye~