016 - IN KRIS' EYES

WAR OF THE ROSES

 

I sighed as I fix the watch Dad gave me. It's my wedding day, but sadly not with the girl I want to be with. You may think that I'm being selfish and self centered but when I saw her Dad on the hospital I already felt the guilt. I brought this up to her, because of me she encountered so many problems, heartaches and I caused her so much pain.

I tried to fight for it. But the best way is to erase her from my life. It's gonna be hard I know. 

The accident was never fake. When I was driving home, this kid crossed the street and I have to avoid him that had me crashing to a wall.  Woke up and I see Krystal, I told her my plan and of course being herself,  she agreed.

 

 

I saw the shock in her eyes, but I never missed the pain in it.

 

Im sorry. 

 

I see her at school alone, being all bullied and all but I have to resist it in. Sooyoung , after this you will have your normal life back I promise. I remember the times I stalk you and I know a clueless girl like you won't catch me. Then one day we played dodge ball. I was so sure you were aiming for Krystal. I kept my laughter ad resisted the urge to join the fun. But,

 

"Act as my boyfriend. Don't forget"

 

I was reminded that I have to inch away from you as much as I can. It's so hard that I actually threw the ball on your hard head and I panicked when you collapsed. I immediately picked you up and bought you to the infirmary, well you 

woke up after twenty minutes, I really counted, you ran back to the gym and I saw you looking for something. I never saw you determined before and when you gave up I continued t look for something that will encourage you to look desperately.

I found our wedding ring.

My heart ached as I was reminded that even if you dislike me so much you treasured what were our memories. I ended up sobbing. I can’t deal with this anymore. Of all the things that could happen to us, why are we treated so unfair? It’s all because of me.

Krystal is not home again so I decided to buy groceries but the rain suddenly poured and to my surprise I was in front of our house. I ran as fast as I can but I noticed that the house is it from the inside, I thought it was just someone who will clean the house but to my surprise you opened the door.

“I’m here to clean your house. I was your maid.”

 I was holding my laughter in what excuse is that? You cooked ramen, you suddenly ran to the bathroom and I didn’t know the reason, I was reminded that you hated rain and thunder so much that I was worried when you did not answer me when I knocked at the bathroom’s door.

I was wrapped by the sheets. I have no clothes but I don’t want to go around so I insisted to take of my shirt and leave the others on while I wrap myself with the blankets. Even if you act brave I still know that you want me to cuddle you because you are so afraid of the storm.

We even argued of whom to sleep on the couch. Gosh I missed these arguments. I bet you were busy thinking that I was beside you that you forgot what time was it and you have to sleep.

I woke without you. My heart sank and then I remember once again that this is not right.

I’m the guy who wishes you the best after a jerk like me left you.

Why is our life more like a movie?

I went home and I can see Krystal’s eyebrows sending me messages that I should explain.

 

“I bought food but the storm stopped me.”

 

“ You should have bought your guards.”

 

“Well they have to sleep too Krystal.”

 

“Don’t do that again.”

 

I scoffed “ You don’t have to care. I’m not even asking where the hell were you yesterday night.”

 

“Kris. Please don’t treat me like this. We are getting married.”

 

I smiled “I’m not treating you bad Krystal. I’m treating you right because I always am reminded that you’re Sooyoung’s cousin.”

 

“Can we just stop mentioning her?!”

 

I was silent and continued to walk away.

 

“We are getting married and I have the right to make rules in this house.”

 

I was looking for Sooyoung to return the ring back and so when I had the chance I did something I could have never imagined.

 

I fake cough as I pulled the ring. I’m so nervous and I can see her face getting clueless.

 

“Give me your hand.”

 

“What.”

 

“Come on.” I pulled the hand of the stubborn child “There.”

 

“I promise to love you until the day I die.”

I’m sorry if I can’t

 

“I never imagined being with you today and I’m sorry for my lacking.”

 

I’m sorry for the pain and all of the sufferings and please try to forget me.

I pushed the ring, I never looked into her eyes

 

“That’s was hard.” I muttered and wiped my sweat using handkerchief and did my best to avoid any possible eye contact

I stand up and smiled “I have to go, maybe Krystal is waiting for me.”

 

 

I knocked the door of the house.

 

“Please wait a minute!” I hear someone shout

I hear footsteps and when she opened the door, her smile disappeared.

 

“Mrs.Choi can I come in?”

 

“How did you—Yes yes please.” She opened the door and let me in

 

I sat in the couch.

 

“Dear! Who is—Kris?”

 

Of course they will look shock. I fold my hands and say “Please never mention this to Sooyoung.”

 

I explained. Tears were present in my eyes but I wiped in a manly way, Mrs. Choi held my hand and I’m thankful that they understand. Mr. Choi’s face doesn’t agree but this is for the best. I bid my goodbye as I walk away from the house, such memories. I wonder if it was better that I really forgot my memories, in that way I won’t feel guilt too.

I’m such a jerk.

I can’t do anything right.

 

 

“Hey Sehun, who’s older? Me? Kai? Or you?”

 

I ask him purposely bothered him because he’s been laughing at his phone and its getting creepy.

 

“Of course you.”

 

“Oh really, you look more mature.”

 

“Get out of my room.”

 

I laughed and as I pass Kai’s room it was empty. I wandered the kitchen and I found him sipping coffee. Is something bothering him?

 

“Hey what’s up?”

 

“Trying to sleep.”

 

I just noticed that after the announcement of me having amnesia , we haven’t talked much.

 

“Sleep? Why drink coffee?”

 

“Oh.” He says

 

“Hyung are you really sure about tomorrow?” he asks

 

“Of course. I’m even nervous.”

 

His face was stoic. I never knew my brother was like this.

“Is your heart really the one telling you to marry Krystal?”

 

“What are you talking about? How can you say that?” I reply

 

He shrugged “Just trying to hint your past.”

 

 

I shook my head. I have to focus, stop reminiscing all those memories. Now I’m waiting for Krystal at the end of the red carpet. We changed the venue of the wedding, now we’re on a cliff. I can see the stiff expressions of my grandparents and also my family. I’m so sorry but we will have to accept things, because even if I fought for Sooyoung the enemies will ask for the proof that Sooyoung is a Choi but unfortunately we can’t show them therefore hurting the Choi’s more.

Krystal arrives and I try my best to smile and gets her had. We were in the middle of saying our vows when I felt something hit my leg, I was so bothered that I turned around and looked at my leg.

Apparently it’s a shoe.

“Kris what’s wrong?”

I picked the shoe and judging by the size, who the hell threw it to me?

 

“STOP THE WEDDING!.”

 

Sooyoung.

 

“Kris come on you dumb person do you really wanna get married with her?”

 

She huffed

 

“Gosh I ran so fast what I never had a run that long. Okay may I repeat.”

 

“Do you really want to get married to her? Because now I have the evidences that will prove that I am a Choi.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------

DANG THAT WAS SO SHORT BUT OMG I JUST WANT TO UPDATE THIS.

I'm sorry that it took so long but guys comment what you feel or whatever.

I will promise to update as soon as I finish the next chapter because I cant even wait myself.

 

-Pj